blueprints tomorrow? (16th) Server Downtime for Release

Discussion in 'Next Island' started by jellyfish, Feb 15, 2011.

1. does this mean no monkey dance?

2. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

yup, no dance yet, I'm afraid ...

3. Well I couldn't say I smell feathers. Besides you have to warm up the tar before you can apply the feathers :)

4. Calin

Calin Due for an Ultra-Uber Loot.

Anyone from NI care to explain wtf is going on?

When will NI open up with it's promised features?
    Why do Planet Partners never tell us anything? Is it in the contract with MA?

I came to NI with the expectation that it wouldn't be fully implimented, but I didn't expect it to take this long to get even the first time portal working.

What about BP's? Can you even tell us roughly how many will come out and when? Something like "In our Feb 23, 2011 release we plan to release 30 - 50 bp's."

From what I understand on RT they got a few silly armor plate bp's and that's about it (was there more? dunno). I'm really hoping bp's here will be more creative and interesting or useful. Something to help get an economy going.

That's just a few things off the top of my head.

I've been willing to let things slide for a while without really complaining, but I do think we deserve at least some information about what we can expect and when, along with regular contact with meaningful information.

More to come when I have time to put my thoughts together...

• Like Like x 2
  5. Enzo

Enzo Next Island Manager

Some times it can never be told exactly what and when things will be coming. The reason for this is first things have to be made by the planet partner then submitted to MindArk for creation and testing. If something breaks on the way or does not work properly then it has to be done all over again. The developer for NI is located in Hollywood, CA while MindArk is in Sweden. So anything that is submitted to them is always handled a day later.

Nothing is immediate.

6. *sits next to jelly and manny, head in hands*

:cry:

7. So your saying NI makes the updates, submits them to MA and MA tests them first before rolling it out? Doesn't NI test their product first? If so, where and then why does MA need to test it again? And is there a set time where after a PP submits and update MA has a time period to roll it out?

Maybe more detail info on how things are handled will take away some of the frustration.

8. You didn't happen to bring a board game by any chance?

9. LOL didn't they say at the beginning that NI would have little games you could play? Ok, someone go craft some board games, only problem we have to play them standing up cause none of the chairs in the buildings are able to sit on!

ohhh here is the picture with the games

[​IMG]

10. narfi

narfi Lost

It is my understanding that the NI devs do all of the graphics work, for the map "level editing" as well as items and mobs. They present the finished graphics as well as ideas of the stats for those items and mobs and how they should work to MA. MA then tests them, and does the actual balancing required for those items and mobs (and blueprints) so that they will not shift the existing balance within the game.

This is mostly speculation and educated guesses on my part, but I would think that it is the balancing itself that is taking so much time. I know that the Studio guys and David Post have been excited and known their end goals for quite some time now, but if MA is having trouble introducing their items without disrupting the balance of the universe, then that may be why it takes so long.

(example being the uproar over the affect of blood moss on NI, what if every item introduced on NI was such a strong competition to existing Calypso markets? it really wouldn't be good for the game)

just my thoughts on it and the time its taking,

narfi

11. Correct. The planet partner business model was explained in some detail over the course of a few posts during the last year. Essentially what I understand is the arrangement between MindArk and the Planet Partners resembles the arrangement between a Francise License holder and a Franchisee. The Franchisee may offer deals, opt in or out of promotions, and may in fact offer localized products (McRib anyone -- or Big and Tasty New Zealand Style (with an egg!)), but the Franchise License holder maintains control over all products issued by the Franchise at large.

This is to ensure brand continuity.

I think the issue here is that MindArk has allowed a Franchisee to become public without providing localizations necessary to make the product appealing. Its akin to McDonalds opening up a new establishment in India, but not taking into account the aversion of that particular populace to eating certain types of cattle, and adjusting the menu accordingly with new items.

The current menu becomes unappealing to the new potential customer base, and theres little to replace it. The customer base as a result takes their business elsewhere.

12. Well i have 100 ped in noob clubs sitting in limbo for almost 2 months now - not happy about that - chimera and portal guardians have no name yet so i suppose the ??? is entered into the lootpool - what happens when they do get names all the ped we have splashed into the ??? will no longer count , about the blood moss (what are you talking about uproar) NI colonists have to still make faps and make enhancers etc.. without using calypso resources is was gonna happen sooner or later, Pyrite and Blood Moss on NI is rare but like Rugaritz, Binary and Redulite they all can be found on NI - it was FPCs (now SEEs) choice to put blood moss into pvp4 - but that does not mean it applies for all planets. it happened on rocktropia whe there was no lootable pvp and on NI there will be no lootable pvp because of the storyline. We have been anticipating Ancient Greece since it showed on our maps and still no time travel crystals have gone into the system obviously the crystals will be rewards for doing colonist quests but currently is all broken - I believe the open beta will go alot longer, there are major problems thats why David will not launch the public release yet , don't be another rocktropia as they had to wait almost 10 months before anything decent came about and also there are still no missions there either yet. Im enjoying the scenery and the fire drakes but other than drakes, monkeys, skeletons , boars and sharks there is nothing else to hunt only mining is attractive there , the guardians are bugged, chimera is bugged. to get more people coming you need incentive to come at the moment theres not much incentive and thats someone that has already hunted alot on your planet.

13. So bottom line is blame MA? I'm good with that, lol. :)

14. Calin

Calin Due for an Ultra-Uber Loot.

Well... From the other post it looks like time travel is still being tested by NDS and isn't yet in MA's hands.

15. send me ahead to check for problems

i vouch for calemus being used as a time travel gunipig :read:

16. Hmm so nothing new has happened since yesterday? we still get to wait? *shrugs and goes back to auction gaizing and monkey sweating*

17. Nope, but I've got a ton of crystals to use as poker chips :)

18. Enzo

Enzo Next Island Manager

I am hoping soon that things all work out with the Developers and MA.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.