Become a Next Island model. In-game! Get in the game!

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by NotAdmin, Jan 14, 2012.

1. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

While cruising around, I came across something interesting that did not get reported yet, so I figured I'd make a quick article about it here.

Have you ever dreamt about not just playing a game, but actually being a character in a game? Well, now you can do exactly that! You can submit your real-life picture to casting site gotcast.com, who are collaborating with Next Island to put a lucky winner right onto Next Island itself.

CastMe.png

All you need to do is create a profile, and then start lobbying for votes. The owner of one of the top 10 profiles will then have a chance of seeing him- or herself back in Virtual Reality within Next Island.

The competition details (see below) do not go further into details, but personally I assume that it means that the winner's face will be used in an NPC like a mission broker or so.

GetInTheGame3.png
    I for one am excited to welcome our new casting overlords see Next Island continuing to come up with new ways to bring their game to the attention of a wider audience, and not shunning to try revolutionary ideas like this one.

Attached Files:

2. Tass

Tass Administrator

Lame!

Either let people vote or don't let them vote. That way it's pseudo-participatory nonsense.

EDIT: Now after a closer look I can understand...

3. Tass

Tass Administrator

Ok then, I created a profile for my dog.

Please Help getting my dog into Next Island!

You can vote for Sola on her profile page, vote button on the right at the bottom.

Sola Dog.jpg

4. i guess that it will be ND to win this competition :D

5. I saw this and wondered just how well will it really show your likeness. And then I thought how well they treat they treat the players they have now and the ones I saw there just looked like a bunch of models and how is that going to promote NI, none of them probably have no intention on playing the game......and well closed the page in disgust.

And Tass, I loved to see your dog there...........going to vote now :)

Not only did I vote but posted it around Facebook! Good Luck Sola! :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

hahaha nice Photoshopping there VF ;)

7. leeloo

leeloo cOloRmAnIaC

ye lets vote for Sola!!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. leeloo

leeloo cOloRmAnIaC

oh just noticed you put her in the age under 17 .. its mandatory for the voting that you are above 18!
    (and I cant figure out how to create a profile lol)

also I would prefer to see LeeLoo on NI and not my RL picture..

9. Tass

Tass Administrator

:rofl:

It's getting fun now. Sola is #23 of 128 already. Top 10 is possible.

The format has it's quirks, everyone registered can vote for everyone else in each competition ONCE A DAY!

The "under 17" is the playing age for actors, that fits. I made her 21 since it says "AGE REQUIREMENTS: 18 and up", Sola is in fact 21 months old and it did not say "18 years". :sneaky:

Thank you for voting. :bowdown:

10. leeloo

leeloo cOloRmAnIaC

hehe :) in a Dog´s Life 21 month is quite adult !
    I finally managed to get a profile for myself and instantly got 4 votes of some guys.. dunno whoever that is *rofl*

http://www.gotcast.com/LeeLooFaith

11. Tass

Tass Administrator

They are the bosses of the company. Sola voted for you too. We might just see the beginning of a wave of avatars boarding the competition. :thumbsup:

12. narfi

narfi Lost

Added narfi to it, and voted for Sola and LeeLoo :P

13. Another vote for Sola, didn't realize it was once per day :) And Leeloo, when did you move to Florida? :)

14. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

15. Tass

Tass Administrator

It's too funny. I guess it wasn't planned to have avatars and dogs competing. Wonder whether the 'owners' of the page will do anything.

Who's this?
    [​IMG]

16. narfi

narfi Lost

I read a couple of the profiles of people on there, it looks like they have a daily circle voting for each other.
    So we will have to daily vote to keep Sola and LeeLoo near the top.

narfi

17. That is my baby, Cujo :)

18. Tass

Tass Administrator

Get him a gotcast profile :tongue (2):

19. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

got a nice welcome from the Director of Marketing at GotCast. I hope they don;t think I'm to seriouse about this :)

20. nah, I just signed up to vote for yours :) and time to vote again :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.