Beauty profession nurfed

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by James Clayton, Mar 12, 2011.

1. BEAUTY PROFESSION NURFED

I was shocked to find out this weekend that MA has nurfed the beauty profession. Over the last 2-3 weeks since the latest freebee avatar remake that MA gave I have noticed a new change from the last time this was done. In the past the remake was given with the basic chooses that all new players have when they start off and after a week or so people started to ask for changes, but not this time. This time MA made available everything. Hair styles, like the lvl 34 female style that is worn by almost all the girls, that require a level 44 stylist to do were all available. The same with specialty iris looks like cat and tiger eyes, some of which our top beauticians have not even unlocked yet were available to everyone.

I remember reading a post by MA stating that this free remake was so that the general population would get the same selections as new people entering from the Genesis site. At the time it did not register with me exactly what that meant. Today things started to become clear. A friend of mine told me that the way things are at the present, a new person joining enters at Genesis and there he/she can see everything that is available on Calipso, Next Island and Roctopia including being able to try out all types of clothe and the coloring and textureing of the clothe. It's a preview of what's available in the main worlds, of course when the new player leaves Genesis he/she leaves behind all the fancy clothe they experimented with so as to not disrupt the crafting, coloring or textureing economies.

But guess what, not so with beauty, like the other trades the new person can try out every hair and color style, change their eyes or iris style including the fantasy styles like cat eyes and all other features. The difference is, when they leave Genesis they are no longer stuck with the basic styles along with basic clothe, like in the past, now they get to keep all the modifications to their looks. Think of it, in the past a person on Calipso was proud of being able to show off a new high lvl hair style that cost a lot because a beautician had to spend a fortune in time and skills to be able to offer that advanced style. But now every new player coming out of Genesis is sporting the most advanced hair and body and face/eye styles from the very start! They don't have the ped to buy an Opalo or clothe yet, their running around in their underwear and yet they have cat eyes and a style 34 hair cut. No wonder the old-timers are upset, they spent a bundle on a fancy hair style and specialty features and now they don’t look any different than the new people except for the underwear.

When I heard this I said 'naw, come on why would MA do that' I mean I can understand giving people a preview of whats available, it wets their appetite, actually sounds like a smart marketing move on MA's part. But why be difference with beauty, why give the most advanced beauty features away. Features that take tens of thousands of ped and/or years of hard work for a beautician to achieve. They don't give the cloth away or the vehicles, why beauty?

I mean I've been doing this for 3 years now, spamming for customers night and day, picking up a skill chip now and then at 10,15,20k% markups and I'm still just a level 30 hair stylist with 27 hair cut styles, nowhere near that dam style 34 that all the girls want. Why would MA do this? I could not believe it. So I phone up a friend, a friend that has just joined at my urging. Just trying to do my part to increase the player base. And I asked him about all this. He really did not have a clue about what I was talking about, so I asked if I could come over to his place and see this new Genesis place and see how things work there.

Well guess what? I have been screwed, f...ed, shafted, what ever you want to call it, it's all true, THE BEAUTY PROFESSION HAS BEEN NURFED. All that time spamming for customers at PA, Nea's and Twins, all those frustrating bugs and error messages. All the money I put into equipment and an apartment. All the furniture and decorating of that apartment to try and make my place of business as presentable as possible. All the money I depoed to buy a skill chip at 10k % or 20k % mark up so I could get another style a little faster. It was all for nothing. Now I know why business is non-existent these days, the new people expect it for free, since that's what they got at Genesis and the older people, well they figure they can just wait a little while and MA will offer another free total avatar make over like they just did. Man did I ever get screwed rofl. I think I’d cry if it wasn’t so dam funny. What an idiot.

But anyways for any new or older people out there that are thinking of becoming a beautician like me, forget it. MA has turned it into a total waste of time and money, become a color-er or texture applicator, there is still promise there. At least with coloring or textureing you have a chance to get a global which has never been possible with the beauty profession even thought we use materials, pay decay and have to take our chance with a success rate like the other crafts, and MA does not give away clothe with unlimited color or texture …. yet, lol.

As for me well I really like this place, granted there is no point in making deposits anymore to pay for a future shop with shopkeepers but what the hell, I'll still be around and if you see me or have me on your fl give me a shout if you want your hair done :)

As to why MA has decided to nerf beauty I have no idea, but as the french would say 'cest la vie' or in good old english 'tough darts farmer' lol, good luck everyone and have a nice day :)

2. Calin

Calin Due for an Ultra-Uber Loot.

I suspect we will be getting one more BIG avatar redo and then after that my guess is that your profession will be safe for a long time, and maybe even better than it's ever been.

They have mentioned a big avatar upgrade is coming. I think we are just in a period of "half-way-there".

My suggestion is to hang on the best you can and don't sell off your skills or equipment. I know they take for freakin ever to get anything done, but when they redo systems they seem to be doing a decent job of upgrading. Some of the things are being done in stages, so it takes even longer.

This is just what I've gathered from everything I've seen. I hope I'm right because I'm sick of people getting shafted.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.