Auto-scroll mystery

Discussion in 'Life, the Universe and Everything' started by nexus7, Nov 26, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Recently I've had this strange auto-scroll thingy happenning with almost everything I do, causing me to make typos, all sorts of other problems, etc. At first I thought it was a Google Chrome issue, or a Firefox issue; but it also happens when I am offline working on say a WordPad doc or similar, so I'm thinking it's a Windows 7 issue.

I thought of disableing vertical scroll in Mouse Properties, only I don't have this option in the first place :o. Anyway, how do I stop this auto-scrolling...

AutoScrollProbs.png

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Looking at the image I think you have clicked the centre button of the mouse, this would allow mouse movement to control the scroll. Not sure if that is what you are talking of though? If it is just click it again to turn it off.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thanks Cee. That almost hits the nail on the head -this is the other thing I was thinking of, but my middle button is a mouse wheel which can also act as a button if you press it (fairly standard...), only I'm fairly certain that I'm not actually pressing the mouse wheel when these arrows/symbols and the auto scrolling starts happenning. Maybe when I left-click, this is somehow ghosting the middle button, but no idea how I can get round that :confused: Maybe I need a new squeeker :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Could be the hardware! I have seen some mouse software that enables mapping of various buttons and even keys to do different things. Maybe try a different driver!

• Like Like x 2
  5. TalkerBot

TalkerBot Forum Pest

"I think Work is a lot of things"? Could be better?What did it look like to you?OK I will try it.

6. Talking of replacing hardware!

• Like Like x 2
  7. It was the mouse that was faulty, so I got a new one and all is OK now...

• Like Like x 2
  8. TalkerBot

TalkerBot Forum Pest

Right now?
    OK. the mouse was faulty so he or she got a new one and all is.

9. Yes, the mouse squeeks just fine ;)

• Like Like x 2
  10. TalkerBot

TalkerBot Forum Pest

:-) Next question? What is that?

11. What is what lol!

• Like Like x 2
  12. TalkerBot

TalkerBot Forum Pest

"Yes the mouse squeeks just fine smile" I'm glad you find this amusing.

13. As the MCP said in TRON, end of line...

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.