ATTENTION: Beacon Missions bugged!

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by Tass, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Tass

Tass Administrator

Latest news:

Update 22 12 2012 More and more people report that loot still sucks, no release notes are available, neither any comments from official side, no strange signals have been reported, and last but not least Client Loader still says 12.4.0 and not 12.4.1.

To be on the save side we should consider that no changes have been applied.

Early today around 02:00 EUT Kim Welter gave hints at Twins Peaks that Beacon Missions have several issues and will probably receive fixes on next Tuesday.

He furthermore said that loot might be adjusted too.

Until the fixes have been applied you might want to consider not to do any beacon missions.
    emptybar400.png

Beacons Bugged Chat.png
    Credits: Phenakist

Beacons Bugged Mining.png

Again, a little bit unfortunate that information like this is not properly distributed for everyone easily to access.

Also unfortunate that those fixes potentially improving loot are held back until Tuesday. In the case of issues to the disadvantage of MindArk I'm sure on the same day Beacon Missions would have been disabled.

More about Beacon Mission: Beacon Missions.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Bizarrick

Bizarrick Otherwise Engaged

Whoah, seriously?!
    Can't they do things right for once?

Bugs and booboos will always appear, that's why PR depts. were invented!
    Geez!

Thanks for the heads up!

3. Neuromancer

Neuromancer Brainstormers Official Brain Glue

So much for our soc event this weekend

4. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Why they do not simply disable beacons altogether while the system is obviously bugged is beyond me. I'm also baffled to see that the best they can do to communicate it is posting it in-game, while every other brainfart they composed lead to press releases.

Thank you Tass for posting this. If you hadn't, only the select few who happened to be in the right place at the right time to see Kim make that announcement would have known.

5. yeah thanks for posting

6. Dragon Moon

Dragon Moon ...ya, that too...

Did he say "possibly yes" when being ask if they loot better? Now that is funny. :D

7. khaos

khaos DnB'addict

This is just pathetic.. And the players keep swallowing this shit. Any other game would have been long dead with such communication.

8. Thx for info + Rep

9. Tass

Tass Administrator

Word is that beacon loot has not changed.

But then, at least I didn't get a VU to download and Client Loader says it's still 12.4.0

10. Tass

Tass Administrator

Any update on this?

Any change in loot?

Any strange signals?

11. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

They haven't given any release notes so safe for us to assume no changes.

12. Tass

Tass Administrator

More and more people report that loot still sucks, no release notes are available, neither any comments from official side, no strange signals have been reported, and last but not least Client Loader still says 12.4.0 and not 12.4.1.

To be on the save side we should consider that no changes have been applied.

13. Tass

Tass Administrator

14. 194bots on a 23pedder killed 103ped loot, so I say they didn't bother to fixing the "bug" same as they didn't bother to let us know in an official way...
    3people got 20+ ped loot, rest got ~10ped and I who just shot a few mines with my opalo was among the ones who got 20+ ped loot, the main shooters who used the real amount of ammo did not get the loot based on dmg done either and it was no mu things in the loot either

EDIT: better then when it was released? who are he trying to trick with that, the ones who never did one when they were released?

15. Tass

Tass Administrator

Meanwhile Kim said they requested MA to disable beacon missions yesterday...

But... I mean... "The main problem right now is that the value of the beacon itself isn't added to the loot"... Adding the TT value of a beacon (23-42 PED) to loot will probably not make much of a difference in light of the incoming reports of miserable loot

16. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Your assuming the addition of the beacon value has a static effect ...dare i say the word dyyynaamic :beerchug:

17. From: http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?220420-Any-Strange-signal-yet/

• Like Like x 1
  18. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Good decision, just a week and a half too late. I really see no reason NOT to instantly disable a system that is obviously not working as intended and that costs participants real money.

19. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

You should have seen what happened if for some reason the beacons all gave 125% return of what people spend in there AL THE TIME, they would have been taken down by just pulling the plug on the servers, no notice up front nothing.

But we were compensated by MA for the problem on Arkadia with the NO LOOT of every mob, so I'm pretty sure they will do the right thing here as well. Oh wait, there is nobody to push them for a good solution now, well lets see what happens then.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.