Selling Mayhem Trauma Amplifier 3, MM Twen Edition, Sand Stormer + more

Discussion in 'Trading' started by GeorgeSkywalker, May 16, 2023.

1. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Inherit the Wind

2. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I just spotted you were doing these. Maybe move to another thread? I was ignoring this thread because not interested in sales

3. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

A few good men. Never seen it but I remember copious TV trailers for it

4. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Wrath of Khan

5. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

It's a Wonderful Life?

6. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Jaws

7. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

The purpose of it is to make the sales thread a bit more interesting than writing, "bump" each week. Making another thread would defeat the purpose.

That's a movie worth watching. If you have the time some day and don't know what to watch then watch this one :)

Wrong! hehe
    Correct would be Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. You missed the buzz words star trek so... :)
    but we can't be too mean you can have 1/2 point since you were essentially "right" :)

Correct

Correct

8. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Ah I see... I have to admit the thought had crossed my mind that you might be doing a more imaginative bump :D carry on

• Like Like x 1
  9. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Can you guess the film?

"She looks like a little girl now, but she's growing. Whoever has that kid, wins the war."

10. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

The Creator

11. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Added Eir Mk 1 and Twen Tokens to opening post

Which film is this?
    "That's right. I've killed women and children. I've killed just about everything that walks or crawled at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you, Little Bill, for what you did to Ned."

12. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Unforgiven

13. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Which film is this?

The Ghost: You wouldn't happen to know if there are any flights leaving the airport tonight, would you?
    Motel Receptionist: Not unless you've got your own private jet.
    The Ghost: Ah, I lent it to my butler.
    Motel Receptionist: Haha, oh you Brits!

2010 movie

Stars Ewan Mcgregor as lead actor

A political thriller (a modern classic - highly underrated)

Directed by Roman Polanski

14. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

The Ghost Writer

15. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

yeh didn't think I'd heard of that one

• Like Like x 1
  16. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

If you haven't seen it I highly recommend it. Some good movies people are not always popular or widely known for whatever reason but nevertheless doesn't diminish the fact how good they are.

17. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Yeh true... watched one with old Russian housemate the other night that didn't seem all that popular called Hick... t'was alright. Nothing much wrong with a movie where not much happens

Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
  18. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

The only film I know of called hitch is the one with Will Smith in it:

I've seen it, I would have thought that one most people would have heard of.

Anyway it's all very subjective what we like can be very different from each other. Some of the best films I've seen have not always done well in the box office or people have heard of. The following one is an example, I absolutely loved it but I doubt many have heard of it:

Which film is this?

Michael MacCauley: So, I heard something earlier today, a hypothetical question.
    Tony: Uh-huh. What was the question?
    Michael MacCauley: What if someone asked you to do one little thing, something that's meaningless to you, but would affect another passenger on this train? Would you do it?
    Tony: I don't know. What's in it for me?
    Michael MacCauley: $100,000.
    Tony: Absolutely!
    Michael MacCauley: You don't even know what it is.
    Tony: It doesn't matter. Come on.
    Jackson: So, what is that one little thing?
    Michael MacCauley: A passenger on this train doesn't belong. They're carrying a bag, but you don't know what it looks like. All you have to do is find them before they get off.
    Tony: That's it? It's not much to go on, Mike.
    Michael MacCauley: Tell me about it.
    Jackson: And what happens when you find 'em?
    Michael MacCauley: They die. Hypothetically.
    Tony: So what would you do, Mike?
    Michael MacCauley: I'd get all the people left on the train in one car, propose that very scenario.
    Tony: No, no, no, no, no. I mean, would you take the money?
    Michael MacCauley: You know what? I already did.

An insurance salesman/ex-cop is caught up in a life-threatening conspiracy during his daily commute home.

Director Jaume Collet-Serra
    Writers Byron Willinger, Philip de Blasi, Ryan Engle
    Stars Liam Neeson, Vera Farmiga, Patrick Wilson

19. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Don't know that one... odd dialog, vaguely wondering on context, but not that much.

Sorry I mis remembered the name of the film I saw. Was called Hick.

Found it from listening to the music in this channel and checking the scene credits. It was our first experiment with finding films to watch this way... off to a decent start...

(3) i'm cyborg but that's ok - YouTube

20. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

It's hard to find clues to give without giving it away but I'll try. The context is, an ex-cop now works as an insurance salesman. After finishing work he goes on the train on his way back home. Here a woman sits opposite him and says, "My first time on a commuter train."
    to which he replies, "I'm sorry, have we met"
    She says, "I'm Joanna"
    "Michael."
    "What if I asked you to do one thing..."

From there the dialog is similar to the dialog I quoted in my previous post above. Michael accepts the offer the woman made and is now talking about it to his friends, Tony and Jackson.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.