Are you a big coffee drinker?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by RAZER, Jan 18, 2014.

1. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. RAZER

I'm from The Netherlands and I usually get to 2 to 5 a day and more depending on how much I slept and how busy the week is.

3. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

I'm from Australia. If you consider cup size as a standard metric cup (250mL) then generally I drink < 3 times the average of the Netherlands figure on a workday. I can drink anything from 2 to 8 (or more) depending on the day and who I'm around.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

I typically have between 5 and 8 cups daily. If I get more, I resemble the Tasmanian devil.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Depends on cup size as suggested and if it's ground or instant coffee. My coffee cup is 8cm wide, 10cm tall. I have two cups of ground coffee in the morning and about 5-6 instant rest of the day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

Canada, and three to five... Then three to five beers... :cautious:Now there's a poll I'd like to see! :alcohol:
    Ok so less beers, but I like to think I can drink lots.... *whispers* I'm a cheap drunk. :smile::shots:

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. RAZER

So, I'm wondering, is the number of cups Denmark drinks increased since you move there, or are your cups part of the Dutch number?

8. It's a bit like me - well, sometimes... Only difference is I take a partially secluded bench (I believe in discretion...) in a local park with 2-3 cans of 'something brew' to equal out all the caffeine intake.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I express my coffee consumtion in liters/day; one liter a day. People call me a coffee junkie, on which I reply that because I smoke I metabolise coffee at 205% the rate of a non smoker. Petty excuse I know.

10. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

Come Down Under mate, we'll train you to drink properly....Noone will EVER call you a cheap drunk again :sneaky:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Don't drink it at all. Hate the stuff.

When I joined the company I work for all they all drank coffee, I've managed to turn them all except one or two to tea drinkers now.

12. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

lol. All I know is Heineken shares went down since I moved.

13. Ahh c'mon I thought we where talking about beer here :nana:

14. RAZER

I agree Heineken has not much to do with Beer ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. narfi

narfi Lost

i was drinking 3-6 mugs a day which each hold about 2 cups, so 6-12cups total per day, but was bothering my gut some so switched to tea. Both tea and coffee I was drinking with quite a bit of sugar, and since the phone I got beginning of the year had a calorie counter on it I decided to start some changes and switched to 2-3 cups of tea a day with just a single artificial sweetener in each one.
    In just over 2 weeks I have lost about 9.5 lbs.

• Gratz Gratz x 1
  16. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

US here and I usually only have one or two 10 ounce cups of coffee in the morning with a non-dairy liquid creamer (Coffeemate), no sugar. Any other time of day I'll have tea and I don't use sugar or anything else in the tea either. White Orchid tea, Typhoo tea, and Lemon Zinger are my favorites.

17. RAZER

Counted my coffee today and I got to 6 espresso (only coffee I drink). All black, so no milk or sugar.
    So yeah 2.4 seems about right :)

18. So today I made a liter coffee; black, no sugar. Drinking the last atm.
    Also, the quantifications in cups is not really accurate; you can have small cups, big cups and really tiny ones. Or do like I do and not fill them completely.

19. RAZER

yeah my cups are tiny, but VERY strong, especially compared to US standards :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

When I was still teaching at the college I would stop in at the coffee shop in the student cafeteria and order a large triple Espresso, White Chocolate Mocha coffee. :tongueout:

Hey, I taught 3 hours in the evenings and my student knew they were in for a great evening when they saw me walk in with the coffee. If they didn't, one of them would sneak out and get it. :headbang:

I think they were trying to tell me something. :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.