arcade?

Discussion in 'About EntropiaPlanets' started by PeteHines, Nov 14, 2009.

1. I keep getting this message when i try to play certain games listed in the arcade.

Your usergroup is not allowed to play any game from that category.
    Is that cause Im an EP noob?

2. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Hi Pete,

In order to encourage people to subscribe to our site and help us out a bit with the cost of running a server, (as announced here), new games will be available for subscribing members first, and will become available to others later.

This does not affect any games released before, and the arcade will be available for everybody, and with new games added pretty much all the time. The newer games will just be available to subscribing users (or people contributing to our wiki) a bit earlier.

Feel free to let us know what you think.

3. You might want to change that link, not sure where its going ;) But I dont think its where u intended it to go.

4. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Thanks for the heads-up :) I must have had the wrong link copied and just pasted it in.

5. I think its a bad idea :p

Before i would goto the arcade and play around for a bit.. but now since i get this "group error" all the time, i wont bother again.. and i dont think anyone will buy a membership just to play in the arcade ;)

• Like Like x 1
  6. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Fair enough :)

Well, as stated before, the arcade itself is still up and running, and all games are accessible. I'm planning on categorizing things a little better, to enable easier navigation, though. And the only games that give the you error are the new ones.

7. Thanks for clearing that up for me :)

8. leeloo

leeloo cOloRmAnIaC

hmmm not true that only new games are closed with the message
    "Your usergroup is not allowed to play any game from that category." I have played halloween pumpkins before and its now closed. :cry:

9. CycoKick

CycoKick Notorius cK

I sorta did :D
    Besides the beeing pro EP ofc :afro:

10. Oh right.. my bad.. I figured it was counter-productive.. but obviously people wanna pay for arcade.. so i guess its a good idea !

But for me, i would come just to mess around.. and now i dont. Not that it effects your site in anyway, just a tiny lil less daily traffic :p

Guess if you get one membership from it, its definatly worth it though !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.