April - next VU wishes

Discussion in 'Next Island' started by Lucky_A, Mar 31, 2012.

1. First I'd like to ask when is the next VU content release for NI planned ?

My wish list for the next VU on NI/AG ;)

1) introduction of cyclop heads in the loot so we can craft some of the BPs introduced in the previous VU :)

2) Hoplite Arm Guards present in AH (that means craftable or lootable ;) as atm the hutning drops are long over and BP is uncraftable)

3) Hoplite Feet and Hand protection - as promised :sneaky: ... and in craftable BPs :rolleyes:

4) the new UL Greek swords ;) (as only 1 out of 3 BP was discovered till now and that's uncraftable atm)

.... open list, if others would like to add theirs :unsure:

2. Chariot as vehicule for AG

• Like Like x 3
  3. Liu

Liu

More quests...maybe one or two iron or ifn like missions ?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Boats as vehicles for AG.

• Like Like x 3
  5. I like the subtle unfolding of Next Island :thumbsup:

My wishes would be it continues this way :)

• Like Like x 5
  6. You are have no idea what's coming... you will all be happy and surprised! Bigger and Better... Constant Forward Motion! ;)

7. Liu

Liu

Making promises is dangerous, dear CGO, be careful :)

8. My wishlist:

- more balanced crystal drops
    - more balanced blueprints

- new ranged weapon: bow
    - new personal carrier vehicle: trojan horse
    - new one person flying vehicle: icarus wings

- new mob medusa

- new quests that giving these Unlimited items instead of 'gambling' blueprints

9. Dear CGO, I appreciate your enthusiasm, but please do not make the same mistakes that Mr. Marco 'Ah the Egg' Behrman did in the past... ;)

10. Sounds great!!! But in your next VU can you PLEASE fix the contrast???? Seems about two updates ago the contrast and brightness got out of wack a bit.

11. :what: Either you have an ace up ur sleeve or u just made not a very inspired comment as it can be used by many to mock the dev team if the released content is not up to standards ... but I do hope is the 1st option :)

Anyways, before bigger and better I'd like to have existing fixed :D ... let's start with cyclop heads, last hoplite parts and workable BPs, after that sky can be the limit ;)

12. Meg

Meg Next Island : Game Content Designer

We're hoping to have all of the issues surrounding the three new Greek swords sorted out before the next release. Fingers crossed, of course!

I've just been looking at the models for the Hoplite Gloves, and I expect we'll be releasing those in the next VU. We don't expect Hoplite Sandals in this one, I expect those to be released in the following VU.

More info on fixes and planned content is on the dev blog as well.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Thanks Meg for replying - glad to see some issues are acknowledged and under investigation.

Speaking of next VU ... could you share when should that be ? like this week or the next ?

14. Looks like NO April release according to Megs blog. May 1st is the next one.

15. Liu

Liu

May I ?

The previous VU's have been great, introducing craft in NI, even in a clumsy way, things are getting slowly sorted out....

HOWEVER !

I got the feeling, miners are being screwed on next island.

All the craft here is being provided by hunters, and as it is actually very low level craft, hunter can eventually craft things themselves, therefore limiting the expansion of the economy.

So, my thought is : either increasing mining spawns on areas that are almost empty with ores such as belk or iron, to improve the craft or "regular" items. Other ores are welcome (I have noticed a dramatic decrease in mining spawns these last 2 weeks)

Introduce new bp that also involve miners in the crafting process.

Long story short : I would really appreciate to see the miners more involved on Next Island, as we are already put offside in AG.

I have been mining thousands of peds per month on Next Island....until March, when I felt like spawns has been modified drastically, it drove me away...I will of course be back, but not mining as much as before if nothing changes.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Holly *#@& ! ... you're right Softhart :cry: ( Meg's blog ) ... 1 month away and the day Cyrenne is supossed to start ... not good, not good at all :(
    Guess they had no choice though, forced by MA schedule ... altough I'd would have expected fixes at least to come in April ... oh well, tough life ... 1 month is a long time for NI/AG to run in the current setup :mad:

and Yes Liu, they changed mining ... altough I think is at platform level itself. They nerfed mining - especially amped mining that is - now also on NI. Before was just Caly, but now can feel it on NI as well :( ... but that's no reason not to use generic ores & enmats in the crafting process :rolleyes: ... as I said so many times - throw in a lysterium ingot instead of a zillion crystals :roflmao:

• Like Like x 2
  17. Is there anyway you can hold off with the May 1st content release? I would be the first to be there but with Cyrene being released that day I don't think I, like many others, will be on planet for the coming month after it's release. Yes sounds bad, but it would give you time to work out any other items that need to be fixed and or made better and shoot for the next VU?

18. Liu

Liu

Good to know I am not the only to feel that !

19. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

From my facebook post:

Things I want to see in Ancient Greece.
    1. Use of areas (why is there nothing there?)
    2. More mobs (all in favour of not dying every 5 paces but no mobs for miles is a bit weird)
    3. Telescopes (read, scopes)
    4. Icarus Wings (read, glider... powered by wax? [it melted doncha know? ;) ])
    5. Chariots/Horses
    6. Armour/Clothes like the underworld traders
    7. Bows and Arrows
    8. A Labyrinth
    9. More Caves
    and tunnels
    10. Lootable/craftable decorations like those seen about
    11. Less empty buildings
    12. More NPC's/missions outside the main areas
    13. Sailing ships.
    14. Medusa, Kerberos, more mobs from Greek Mythology
    In short I feel its a great place, a great idea that is unique in MMO's and has a lot of potential that currently isn't being utilised.

• Like Like x 5

20. Have you fallen and hit your head??? Why would you tell a PP to NOT release and update? Especially one that needs all the ones they can get! Yes, Cyrene is suppose to go live then, but that is no reason to stop the growth of another PP. There is a whole month usually between updates, that gives you plenty of time to travel to both. :) I also suppose the other PP's will also have updates. Maybe the new Avatar system and that is why they are skipping April.

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.