Anyone play Poker?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by RAZER, Apr 2, 2012.

1. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

Not planning anything here, just wondering if there are other people here playing poker.

So if you do tell us how, when and why and if you are any good.

2. How: With a deck of cards

When: Once in awhile

Why: Passes the time

Any good: Not at all :rolleyes (2):

Oh a side note, they should have poker tables in EU..............oh wait that is gambling :bduh:

3. I play on "PKR" and "Carbon Poker".

I usually play when I want to pass some time.
    I'm decent for as long as my concentration lasts lol

4. RAZER

Nice so we have some players, well let me tell you my story (not that exciting though).

About 3 or 4 years ago me and a co-worker were talking about poker for some reason and found out we both liked it and that more people around the office liked it. Until then we all never actually played any serious poker, but we decided to do a company Poker Tournament anyway. We started with about 6 or 7 people and played every 3 months or so. Last month we ended up with 15 people playing, which was great !

During one of the tournament at the office last year a former neighbor of mine called to ask me something and I told him I'd call him back because I was playing poker at the office. When I called him back the next day he told me he was going to a tournament every month and that I could join him if I wanted to. So last January I did for the first time and ended up 5th out of 48 players on my first actual poker tournament. Since then I did 2 more and ended up 4th and 13th (last Saturday).

Not saying I'm good, but I seem to be able to at least match myself with the people there.

I don't like online poker at all and especially the free kind, because people just do stupid things if it is for free and I like to be able to look at the people I'm playing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Well there goes my plan of inviting you to online poker lol
    But good job on the nice positions :)

I've played irl poker as well but never with that many players but
    only with 6 people max. I would like to try a poker tournament
    myself one day.

6. RAZER

Playing with 50 people is very different then with just 6 or so. I at least play a lot less hands in the beginning and slowly start to play more hands once I progress in the game.

Playing with people that are far more experienced than I am also gets me to learn a lot and I have still a lot to learn.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.