Any word of NI update in next VU?

Discussion in 'Next Island' started by Nicci, Aug 1, 2011.

1. I was reading this and thinking.....this is kinda harsh. But I can't say that I disagree with any of it. I have said it on a different forum....maybe the 2 David's should get together and have a little chat.

I just hope with the next VU we will get what we need. Not sure how many ppl are going to keep supporting NI if we don't.

2. Tom

Tom

I find no word on update plans for Next Island this next Tuesday (9 August), however there ARE plans for updates on another planet partner website, Planet Arkadia.

Chuck, great seeing you the other day and being able to say hey. I don't think you are being harsh at all.
    I'm still of the belief Meg would communicate something if there was something to share concerning Next Island.

P.S. I miss hanging out and dancing in the moonlight with Next Islanders. Those were happy times.

3. aia

aia

I like Next Island and Ancient Greece.

There are a few small things I think could improve the feeling (for instance Mountain Boars eating you inside the house when you're buying ammo).

With space there are a few things that have made life harder: NI is further away from Calypso than the other planets, making trips there sometimes even more expensive than before space.

The fact that space is lootable keeps me from buying things like sweat, fruit and stones (I could make use of ME, but getting a balanced amount of Nexus is probably hard). For same reason (lootable space) I can't bring Nexus from Calypso. Also there is a gap with the mobs: There aren't any molisks around, for molisk buttons. I'm not a really a molisk lover, but maybe it could be possible to either put in molisk teeth in another mob (boars since they stopped being the key to blueprints?) or if MA would allow a small spawn of small molisks (for the main purpose of getting molisk teeth).

Maybe NI would prosper more if it was connected by teleporter with another planet so going here would be easier, faster and safer.

As for helping beginners, I wonder where the red papoos went? Is there a easily-sweated pappoo somewhere close to a revival? They used to be at the (pvp) castle, but when I went there now there were brown pappoos (a bit bigger). Or is there some other good mob for sweaters and beginner-level hunters I ahven't found yet?

(And my big disappointment was the missions that suddnetly got removed - sorry, but I didn't follow this forum at the time. I will forever have two unfinishable missions in my list now.)

4. Downloaded and started in Next Island on Thursday night and I'm taking a long weekend so it's been fun getting to know the place...so...hi! Gretchen Gretch Jarvis, if you see me give a wave.

Been trying to glean what info I can about the Entropedia Universe in general and Next Island in specific...information in the Entrepedia is scant, the map is hopeless (can't zoom in enough to know more than roughly where you are) and it's vast, lovely but empty. Found in another thread most of the listed quests are taken down...not a whole lot to do.

But, NI is lovely...and it makes me look forward to learning what I can there, and then moving to more populated worlds.

@aia I have been 'swunting' the Brown Papoos at Sensor Gamma, the wave spawner across a little bridge north of the curving road that passes north of Crystal Center. The bridge and Sensor are just west of the intersection with the road north to Rutile Beach TP, and the respawn point is just north of that intersection...so if you die, you just run around the corner and over the bridge and you're back. I've found it a very good place to sweat until I'm taking too much beating then shooting towards the 250 mission. Since I'm doing more sweating and healing than shooting, I'm not beating the waves or anything but it does give me skillups.

5. kind of sad to find out I am starting in what is basically an abandoned property. I have newb questions but I'll start a thread for that.

6. red

red

try working on the red papoo wave (I forget the sensor name). the brown ones are harder and much more dense.

if I may, I'd suggest working slowly. rushing around will cost you more than it should.

7. Tom

Tom

Hello Gretchen. Some of the other recent forum threads (example: Help Me) offer some tips for new people. The regulars who post here are very friendly and informative. For more usual face to face questions that come up, I strongly suggest either finding some friends or even explore visiting another planet. In the later approach, you'll find that Planet Arkadia and Calypso are thriving planets with a well rounded population and economy, so very helpful to the new person.

Next Island was not always like what you experience now.

We all wish you the best as you explore the Entropia worlds.

8. Sr Torz Man

Sr Torz Man Freelanser

Server Downtime for Release

Tomorrow our servers will be temporarily made unavailable while we implement Entropia Universe Release 12.0.3 and Planet Partner Content. Estimated patch size is 650 MB.

The servers will be taken down at 2011-08-09 07:00 UTC, and we estimate a downtime of at least 120 minutes.

I hope NI get something !!!

9. Tom

Tom

I bet somewhere in the northern mainland mountains resides an ancient, secretive Papoo tribe who knows all of NI's deep dark release details. Only rumors have been passed down, hinted at by mad-eyed wanderers. "You want to know? Want to know," cackles a ragged stranger. And upon getting closer to the man, a whispered hiss is heard through the trees and a lethal dart takes away his life. Peripherally on a nearby hillside, and gone in a blink, an agent of the Papoo tribe completes its mission to keep the release information secret...until the time of the second tide.

Till the second tide.

10. red

red

hahahaha! a lethal dart...

I could use a tube of those.

11. ░░░░░░░░░░

12. lol, so need to rush to my comp and start the download then. Oh well.

13. Tom

Tom

Yep really sad...

Was hanging with some Wild Mountain Boars the other night (fiction alert here), around a camp fire and they were all depressed...

Boar #1 - Just ain't fair, no more screaming and running scared villagers through the woods. With no updates, it's all coming to ruination.
    Boar #2 - True-dat.

14. I would love to have a piece of land to manage on NI. At least if some of us were given the chance to own land we could consistently set up events to bring in more people. If not for anything else let some of the NI born players manage the planet and give us the tools to help make it thrive. The way things are right now, it's just a big money pit and everything we put in to help new players disappears with them when they quit or leave.

15. "NI born players"

I didn't even know you could start on other planets, all I found was this "game" with a website called "Next Island" and so here I am. The login interface seemed to imply many worlds but you had to start here and move elsewhere ingame. Had I realized there were other busier fully developed worlds I might have been tempted to go that route.

But that's the past and here I am on NI. I rather like it. I could buy a ticket offworld. But someday I'll be giving the new Next Islanders a hard time after a couple rounds of Neverdie Lager, talking about how back in the old days, we had to kill 250 Papoos with our teeth, and find enmatter by grabbing a handful of dirt and smelling it with our keen senses, and dug up minerals with our worn, bleeding fingernails, and had to heal our wounds with grass poultice and spit...and how they didn't know how good they have it now, and I'll shake my cane at them and tell em to get off my lawn! :mad:

The land makes us stronger. We will be the bones of the land. :cool:

16. Hehe, that type of attitude will keep you in EU.
    Yes starting on other planets is possible, Calypso is the oldest planet, and most of us started there before the other planets where availble. Calypso was created by Mindark, the platform profider, 8 or 9 years ago. Basically the example planet, to prove that it can be done. All the other planets are created by different company's. Rocktropia and Arkadia where created by former players, Nextisland was initially developed under contract by the same studio that made Roctropia, hence why people refer to NI and RT as being sister planets. The only thing that really matters about where you start is who get's your decay, who gets the money you spend. Now there is wild speculation as to exact figures floating around but one thing is certain, the planet you start on always receives a percent of your decay, even if you no longer play on that planet. This is so that if one planet spends alot of money on advertising, another planet doesn't benifit from the money the first planet spent to get new users. All planets are supposed to get there own player base, not steal from eachother.

Chris, although I agree that giving people have spent there own money to help NI should be rewarded, I think figuring that on NI born players only is a little unfair. Because I started before NI was released does that mean the money I spend to help NI means less? We are all trying to help NI grow, there is no reason to single people out based on the planet they where born on. We all beleive in the dream of NI, enough to help new players with our own PED while the transition from NDS to an all NI team takes place.

17. My bad Corey, Was late when I replied. I was actually following up to your post a few pages back. Not NI Born, but more of those people who helped "pioneer" and get NI off of it's feet and those who continue to try and support the planet and player base. Bad choice of words on my part. I guess a better word would be "Next Island Citizens" or "Next Islanders" which includes all those people (such as yourself, Honey Kitten, Tom, Lord, Magyar, Ash, Softhart, etc.) who set up roots and helped all of us new NI players get started. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.