ANTEVERSE

Discussion in 'Other games and gaming' started by Hulyss Bowman, Jul 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Tass

Tass Administrator

-> http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/Patric_Sundstrom_(Project_Entropia)_Mini-Interview from March 2000.

That should be the truth. But we can ask a friend who has worked at MA in the early days ;)

• Thanks Thanks x 2
  2. Sorry if I understand wrong :

Patric Sundstrom say that MA have designed Gamebryo ? He say "our engine"... That sound strange.

Also, completely off topic, I found this VERY old site. I never seen it before hope you'll have a blast from the past. I'm exploring the links :)

http://www.fiendwithoutaface.com/home.asp

3. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I think he meant to say PE used Gamebryo Engine but the avatar design wasn't part of Gambryo and came from elsewhere. Originally it was Netimmerse Engine too but I think it evolved into Gamebryo as a version release.

4. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Thank you for sharing this document. I am not that investigative person. Now I know a bit more about what I was part of for several years. A really exciting vision. R.I.P. Project Entropia. May the Force be with you.

5. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Don't think I've seen that one before.... goes to read...

6. Just a quick update to say that Anteverse development is on the road again but, this time, with a network coder. So we are 3 and motivated and so far so good. Here are the few elements we have worked :

- The full project as been converted without errors for latest Unity 5.5 (and 5.6 beta).
    - ...but the water needed to be changed >> The new water is far better and less resource whore.
    - Textures as been reworked but the work still in progress.
    - Vegetation is in progress and, this time, the whole continent will be covered and customized by area.
    - So far, minus some minor glitches, the network part is working. We are focused on security first with external DB.

Ok, we are not anywhere near a game but we are heading this way, slowly, and we do not promise anything. I'll keep this thread updated every month or so :)

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.