*Adopt a Newbie* - The Newbie List

Discussion in 'Adopt a Newbie Foundation' started by Dalas, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. In game name:
    In game gender:

Real life location:
    Real life gender:
    Real life age:

Agility: 1(?) I know it is very low...

Mining:low
    Hunting:low
    Crafting:nonexistant
    Trading:low

Personal advantages (keywords about your personality):easy to get along with, respectful, mature, willing to pass on any help I get, love being able to repay a kind deed
    What do you seek for in the community/society:people to chat with, help and be helped by, learn from, group at times, still don't know what I want to do in game so really anything works for now

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society:learning, friends, help

What are your own contributions to make this happen:I'm an active player and plan to mentor noobies myself one day

2. Wow, totally missed these...
    In game name:
    Jack Moderator Acer
    In game gender: Male

Real life location: Louisiana, USA
    Real life gender: Male
    Real life age: 21

3. Dalas

Dalas ANF Master & "Death Limited" Healer

Yet another record, 9 applications overnight!

All of you are added to the List, so good luck with getting adopted!

You may have noticed though, that about HALF of the "Waiting" section in the Newbie Fund has come from the last week of applications! This is insaaaaane! I've only received one question from a newbie who has applied this last week though, so I hope all you guys are doing fine. If not, just shout!

Another piece of advice: Newbies who post in the Hello and Greetings section of the Forum stand out more and are more likely to pick up adoption offers

As always people, let's build up our Newbie Society with active and ready newbies!

4. Avatar name: Iczelion Hazard Romanova

Start Planet: Planet Calypso

Real life location: Michigan
    Real life age: 29

Entropia join date (or approx): 11/14/10
    Agility: 4

Notable skills in, or interest for...

Mining: 46 Very interested in a carrer as a miner
    Hunting: 42 in Rifle (not seeing hunting as a cat. in game)
    Crafting: 2 in manufacture armor

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality): very adament about a structored environement, spent time in military and generally run my games in the same fashion

What do you seek in the Entropian community: Comradery

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society: General knowledge of the in game system

How can you help to make this happen: Honor, Respect, Commitment

5. Avatar name: Darkest HellsAlumni Firelight

Start Planet: Calypso

Real life location: Massachusetts/USA
    Real life age: 27

Entropia join date (or approx): 11/10/10
    Agility: 1

Not sure what I would be interested in pursuing, I'm open to any suggestions. I think i'd like to try a little bit of everything and make a choice at that stage.

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality): Funny, Optimistic and Loyal

What do you seek in the Entropian community: I seek friendship and to get more into the game. I want to learn all I can about, what I need to know.

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society: Knowledge

How can you help to make this happen: Ask questions

6. Avatar name: Deielinn Lyn Black

Real life location: so cali, usa

Real life gender: female

Real life age: 28

Entropia join date (or approx): 11/13/2010

Agility: 2

Mining:
    Hunting: would like to become a hunter
    Crafting:

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality): openminded, easygoing, funloving, friendly

What do you seek in the Entropian community: to make some friends and have fun

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society: guidance, friendship

How can you help to make this happen: listening, doing my best to learn

7. Avatar name: Chance "KaoTiK" Drake

Real life location: Washington

Entropia join date (or approx): Nov 12, 2010
    Agility: 2 I think

Mining: Interested
    Hunting:Interested
    Crafting: Interested

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality):Fun, Trustworthy, Smart

What do you seek in the Entropian community: A place to relax and have fun

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society: Just a little advice and help

How can you help to make this happen: I will listen and do what I am told lol

8. Avatar name: Jay Ray Man

Real life location: Hsinchu, Taiwan
    Real life age: 16(yes I am young, but have plenty of xp in online gaming)

Entropia join date (or approx): about 15 Nov 2010
    Agility: 1 or 2(cant check server is still down will edit later)

Mining: highish intrest (theres alot of money in this right?)
    Hunting: very high (I love 1st person shoters so...)
    Crafting: average

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality):
    Fun, active, serious, adventures, competitive, and enjoyable(to most people atleast)
    What do you seek in the Entropian community:
    Advise, help, and the like.
    What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society:
    Tips on where to hunt, mine, etc. and advise on what to sell and what to keep, all other help would be appreciated.
    How can you help to make this happen:
    I learn fast, listen to advise, and I follow instructions well.

9. Avatar name: Arlen Arlenuzzo Athardis

Real life location: Italy
    Real life gender: male
    Real life age: 25

Entropia join date (or approx): 5 days ago i think, so 12/11/2010
    Agility: 7

Hunting:Interested
    Crafting: Interested

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality): loyal, funny when it's joking time and serious when it isn't :) patient and willing to learn and help

What do you seek in the Entropian community: fun, meet nice people

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society: a little help to understand this HUGE and fantastic game

How can you help to make this happen: i am a good listener and, as said before, i have a huge patience

10. Dalas

Ok guys, all added!

Short on time tonight (got home late), so I'll just say the essentials to you guys.

Please sign up for our Newbie Society in-world at any Society Terminal and PM me with any questions you may have regarding anything at all.

Don't forget to have fun, stick around and be patient :)

11. Avatar name:Dr Darkway

Start Planet:Calypso

Real life location:usa texas
    Real life gender:male
    Real life age:33

Entropia join date (or approx):about nov 10 2010
    Agility:1

Mining:intrested
    Hunting:same
    Crafting:same

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality):team player fun and layedback

What do you seek in the Entropian community:just to have some fun

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society:maybey some guide

How can you help to make this happen:devote my time

12. Avatar name: goos jj winterbreeze

Start Planet: rocktrophia

Real life location: usa
    Real life gender: male
    Real life age: 19

Entropia join date (or approx): november 13 2010
    Agility: 3

Mining: 0
    Hunting: 0
    Crafting: 0

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality): im a college student involved with things such as sign language group, student body government, and i play guitar and piano

What do you seek in the Entropian community: a community that i can have fun in and earn a bit of cash also

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society: i hope to get to be able to walk somewhere and know the language (like i just learned what faps and mobs is) and be able to understand how to do stuff like what monster i should kill to get this item so i can make some pants or how to make a car or how to mob efficiently

How can you help to make this happen: i will listen to what you will teach me and will ask alot of questions lol. and i would be as active in events and what im doing as possible

13. Shadowinde

Shadowinde Shadowinde

Avatar name: Morgan Shadowinde Klosterburg

Real life location: Michigan, USA
    Real life age: 53

Entropia join date (or approx): 11/14/2010
    Agility: 10

Hunting: Interested
    Crafting: Somewhat interested at this point (but not in a rush for this one)

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality): Good sense of humor, easygoing, solid team player, inquisitive.

What do you seek in the Entropian community: Tap into the knowledge base, pick up "tips & tricks" to succeed in-game, meet new people & have some fun.

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society: Get some questions answered, participate in group events (if available) or "team-up" as the occasion warrants, get advice on trading/mining/hunting/etc. so that I can maximize my game time.

How can you help to make this happen: Willing to learn & help others do the same.

14. Avatar name:marmite cookie morgan

Start Planet:calspso?

Real life location:uk
    Real life gender:male
    Real life age:26

Entropia join date (or approx):today 18/11
    Agility:start agilty 1?

Mining: all of them :D
    Hunting:
    Crafting:

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality): Fuzy hair :) Likes coffee

What do you seek in the Entropian community: abit of social adventure :)

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society: to elarn from the best :)

How can you help to make this happen: quick learner , chaty :)

15. Avatar name: Chuck Tehbomb Norris

Real life location: Canada
    Real life age: 17

Entropia join date (or approx): Novembre 14 2010
    Agility: Not sure (Currently having a hard time connecting, i seem to be having a hard time with the dynamic file downloads, on my second un-install now, and i've re-tryed downloading it a good 10+ times, doesn't seem to be anything working, so i can't check my skills till i figure this out)

Mining: Newb
    Hunting: Newb
    Crafting :Newb

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality): I'm very patient, Mature, i'm also a fast learner.

What do you seek in the Entropian community: A pass time really, I've read a lot about this game and it got me interested.

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society: The main thing im seeking really is tips, doesn't seem to be many good guides out there, either that or they're just hard to find, and theres much to learn in this game, so all tips would be much appreciated.

How can you help to make this happen: I'm a fast learner,and i'm very patient, if i don't get it the first time, i'll keep trying till i do. :)

16. Avatar name: Washington Josh Brandon

Real life location: Singapore
    Real life age: 24

Entropia join date (or approx): 1 day (19/11/2010)
    Agility: 1

Mining: 1 (Interested in mining)
    Hunting: 1
    Crafting: 1

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality): Fun, outgoing and talkative!

What do you seek in the Entropian community: I have read from several forum threads that the Entropian community is one of the most helpful around (eg. helping newb getting tp points, healing them). Thus, I hope to be part of the Entropian community, and hope that I would be able to give back when I become stronger in the future.

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society: I am looking for a active society that have lots of friendly members. I like interacting with people as it makes gaming fun and interesting. I have played several games such as WOW and Atlantica Online, and the best experience I believe is when you have a close and knitted clan. I would also like a clan that can help me out at the start eg. tips and strategy, so that I would be able to start out easier.

p/s. I am already part of the *adopt a newbie* society ingame. :jump:

How can you help to make this happen: I am a committed gamer and I am willing to put in the time and effort to make anything work out.

17. Dalas

Woohoo! Awesomeness. I actually saw you earlier at PA, Josh, just running past me while I was semi-AFK.

Added all new applicants to the list! Follow Josh to the Newbie Society guys!

18. I've hesitated posting this because I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for in a society, but figured I'd better before I'm no longer considered eligible.

I'm not certain about skills because I can't log into the game right now (maybe I can update this when I get home). They can't be all that high because I haven't really logged a lot of game time so far; most of that time has been spent sweating. I've read a lot of the tutorials, forum posts in the newbie section of planetcalypsoforum.com and am still browsing for more info here and there. I haven't figured out yet what path I'll pursue within EU.

Real life location: US
    Real life gender: fem
    Real life age: 32

Agility: 10

Mining: ?
    Hunting: ?
    Crafting: ?

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality): fast learner, inquisitive, like to try new things, laid-back, ambitious

What do you seek in the Entropian community: I really don't know at this point. I don't like to ask for things/help and can be a bit of a loner at times, but would like to meet some reasonable, mature folks. At some point I'll be ready to do more group, social, or specialized (crafting, mining, etc) things within the game and it would be nice to be part of a crew who know what they're doing and how to work as a team.

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society: See above.

How can you help to make this happen: I like to do research and will typically try to look up an answer before asking - I value my time and try to respect others' time. I know there are links on the home page here for a few societies and I'll look through them to try to find a like-minded group. Ask away if you need more info from/about me.

Thanks to all those who put this together. I think it's a great idea and a much better way to help people connect.

19. Avatar name:Vindicator Vin Gildartz

Start Planet:Calypso

Real life location:Malaysia
    Real life gender:Male
    Real life age:23

Entropia join date (or approx):20/11/2010
    Agility:1

Mining:1
    Hunting:1
    Crafting:1(interested in crafting)

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality): Open minded, fun, helpful, dedicated, MONEY lover :).

What do you seek in the Entropian community: MONEY! Thats the main reason i play Entropia Universe. I know there are no easy way to earn money in Entropia Universe. Thats why i need help from this community. Please. Please. Teach me everything. I'll do anything. Just show me the MONEY!

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society: Anykind that will point me to where MONEY is.

How can you help to make this happen: Eventhough i love money, i'm actually very patient, and stubborn to. If i want something done, i'll do it until i get it right. (as long as there is MONEY).

My personal motto: Whats in it for me.

20. Avatar name: Bos Vanth Haze

Real life location: USA

Entropia join date (or approx): 11/20/2010
    Agility: 3

Mining: dont think ill be focusing on mining much
    Hunting: probably my main interest for now
    Crafting: most interested in, but from what i hear its expensive, so maybe in the future

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality): Im a pretty fast learner and ready to have some fun :)

What do you seek in the Entropian community: A fun, friendly community to hang with

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society: maybe a little help learning how the game works, and then some cool people to play with

How can you help to make this happen: by being active

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.