*Adopt a Newbie* - The Newbie List

Discussion in 'Adopt a Newbie Foundation' started by Dalas, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm Bekah! I've been playing MMORPG games for 9 or so years. I started out playing runescape and maplestory. I then was recruited over to WoW and stayed with that until the recent patch. (4.0) I'm planning to stick with this game for the long run and I have competition so I obviously have to stay ahead! Help? ;o

Also, I'm totally sorry in advance if the text colors bother you! I just wanted to make it snazzy!

Start Planet: Rocktropia

Real life location: Nebraska, US

Real life gender: Female
    Real life age: 20

Entropia join date (or approx): Nov 12, 2010

Agility: 1 point! WOO

Notable skills in, or interest for...

I have an interest in hunting. :) Unfortunately, I'm stuck sweating for now though.

Mining: 0?

Hunting: 0?
    Crafting: 0?

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality):
    Bubbly, Determined, Funny, Totally Nerdy and Corny

What do you seek in the Entropian community: Just some neat online friends and a positive experience. I've got one friend from online that I've been in touch with for over 7 years.
    :)

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society:
    I just have a few questions that pop up here and there but I'm mostly just looking to experience things I don't know about or can't due to not being able to find a solid group.
    Even as a new person on Rocktropia, if I see questions asked that I know the answer to, I always answer them! I'm a helpful person and can put whatever I learn back into the community with a smile! :D

How can you help to make this happen:
    This question confuses me??

2. Hi,
    I have found it to be a bit confusing, I wish someone could help me get started.

3. Avatar name:kest

Start Planet:Calypso

Real life location:Addis Ababa
    Real life gender:male
    Real life age:30

Entropia join date (or approx):Nov14, 2010
    Agility:0?

Mining:0?
    Hunting:0?
    Crafting:0?

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality): nothing special

What do you seek in the Entropian community: a good experience, freinds and more

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society: help me understand and join the Entropian society

How can you help to make this happen: I will try my best

4. Avatar name: Hero Of War

Start Planet: Calypso

Real life location: US
    Real life gender: Male
    Real life age: 19

Entropia join date (or approx):
    Agility:November 12th, 2010

Mining: 11
    Hunting: ?
    Crafting: ?

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality): I listen well, i pay attention, i want to learn to become better, and where it stands right now, im unable to do that without any sort of help.

What do you seek in the Entropian community: Fun times, Some friends, and who knows what else

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society: Mining/Hunting/Financial Help. Because as it stands now, I cant do anything since Sweat has dropped in necessity, so it is hard for me to come across any finances to acquire what i need to mine/Hunt

How can you help to make this happen: As stated, I will pay attention, be grateful, work hard, not be disrespectful, and make sure that i leave a good/great impression on the society that will hopefully adopt me.

5. Avatar name: Aleksander "Sasha" Nikolaevich

Real life location: USA
    Real life age: 20

Entropia join date (or approx): 11/13/2010
    Agility: 2? Not sure if I'm reading it correctly

Mining:
    Hunting: Mostly interesting in hunting but I'm open to anything really
    Crafting:

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality): Laid back but I also have a competitive side :)

What do you seek in the Entropian community: A good community, I judge a game based on it's community and sadly most games have been not so great so far :(

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society: Beginner advice and hopefully meet a cool group of people

How can you help to make this happen: I'm a quick learner and take criticism with a grain of salt

6. Avatar name: blood gor roth

Real life location: USA
    Real life gender: male
    Real life age: 22

Entropia join date (or approx): 11/13/10
    Agility: 5

Sweat Gatherer 106
    Laser Weapon technology: 57
    Rifle: 48
    Anatomy: 38

Mining: Interested in general knowledge of this path. I have yet to get any results form mining; as a result, I have packet the equipment into storage for a later date and time when I have ped to burn.
    Hunting: Main focuses area -- I intended to focuses on laser weapons, and start hunting when I have built up 50-100 ped from sweating.
    Crafting: No interest, most games I have gone down this road before have been nothing but a giant currency sink.

Outgoing, adventures, risk taker, someone you can trust to count on.

What do you seek in the Entropian community:
    I seek a community to call friends, that I can joke with and have fun while exploring, hunting and dieing.

I am looking for a place that can help guide down the right path. People who are active and knowable of this game, that don’t mind sharing it with a noob. People who are fun to be around and keep my mind off how boring sweating is!

Being an active member, keeping an open mind ,while having a great altitude. Along with many, many late nights of sweating to gain some ped.

7. Avatar name: Lenaudart Lars Glandt

Start Planet: Planet Calypso?

Real life location: Central United States
    Real life age: 17

Entropia join date (or approx): 11/14/10 (Today)
    Agility: 4

All three, I would have interest in, moreso hunting. But I have enjoyed mining and crafting in other games (IE pre-nge/cu SWG, EVE etc.)
    Mining:
    Hunting:
    Crafting:

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality): Not quite my place to say, you have to make your own judgements.

What do you seek in the Entropian community: Enjoyment and community.

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society: Not necessarily looking for help, but looking for a place to have fun and a feeling of community.

How can you help to make this happen: Being apart of the group

Warning: This is hunting season for me, Thanksgiving week (The week after this week, I will not be home or have access to a computer nor will I have access this coming weekend after Thanksgiving although this should die down.)

8. Avatar name: Kraf Cheese Crowwlian

Real life location: California
    Real life age: 17

Entropia join date (or approx): 11/14/2010
    Agility:0/Newbie

Mining: A little interested
    Hunting: Pretty interested
    Crafting: Mostly interested in

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality): Fairly quick learner, willing to stick with things and help out the best i can. Would really like to get into this game and see what its all about

What do you seek in the Entropian community: A helpful, mature community, and a good place to meet some new people and make some friends.

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society: Just general help on getting starting and not failing from the get go. Alot of times in MMOs, newbies fail to start due to not knowing what to do or lack of knowledge about the game. I'd just like to meet a few people that could help me get started or answer any questions i have.

How can you help to make this happen: Be active, listen to the advice given to me.

9. Avatar name: Liam Rift Frost

Start Planet: Calypso?

Real life location: Ohio United States
    Real life age: 27

Entropia join date (or approx): 11/14/2010
    Agility: not sure

Mining: no
    Hunting: interested in hunting
    Crafting: no

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality): outgoing, adventurous, easy to get along with

What do you seek in the Entropian community: a place to explore and have fun

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society: direction and guidance

How can you help to make this happen: whatever you need

10. yeah, I learned of Entropia when the sale of the asteroid for $355K made the (internet) news. I have been looking for something just like it though, so it was uncanny. I was considering Second Life and even reactivated my account from years ago (I played a whole of a day there), but I was dreading the pure sandbox nature of it. Of course I play WoW, but that's the complete opposite in that it's structured and organised. Currently WoW is pretty much on hiatus due to the impeding expansion, and Entropia appeared on my radar at a perfect time really. I just wish it wasn't so hard to get started in this game! The other day I had to swim for two hours because I couldn't get back to a safe area on land. What a mission!

11. Dalas

Dalas ANF Master & "Death Limited" Healer

Well well well. 8 more newbies since I last checked? Another record broken.

I have read all your applications and found nothing untoward there. I won't give you all a personal introduction and welcome, but I really hope you guys will all stick around and use that patience many of you claim to have ;) I am always here anyway, if you have questions or want advice about literally anything. Just click on my name and Send Message, it's not hard. I hope all of you will also take my advice from every other post I make in this thread which is to check out our Newbie Society! Hang out there until you either find your own society (feel free to ask about suggestions or possibilities) or get adopted (which we hope for all of you of course).

Evoke: Seems you struck some nice luck finding EU, let's see if that luck carries through into EU itself. I also love the "of course I play WoW." :D

I think EU is the perfect blend of sandbox and structure these days. There's something for everyone, and it's only diversifying more! And about it being hard to get started, that's what separates the men from the boys when it comes to difficulty. Those who are not smart or persistent enough will fall by the wayside, and in EU that is the way it should be. Those who survive have really achieved something and are joined by people in a similar "category" to themselves, at least in some way. Those times you get stuck at inescapable outposts are just little tests that everyone (pre-vehicles) has been through and come out stronger from. You are not alone there ;)

Just keep your head up, learn and work and you will be getting somewhere, perhaps faster than it seems at the moment. Patience, patience :)

Good luck and shout me if I'm needed!

Dalas :afro:

12. Avatar name:Darkmift dark secondus

Start Planet:calypso

Real life location:israel
    Real life gender:male
    Real life age:24

Entropia join date (or approx):nov. 13, 2010
    Agility:?

Notable skills in, or interest for...computers and mmo's

Mining:0
    Hunting:0
    Crafting:0

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality):layed back and relaxed :)

What do you seek in the Entropian community:to get to know what that game is...sems nice and intresting....got fed up with wow and eve online

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society:info mostly

How can you help to make this happen:ask veterans for guidance ...?:)

----------------------------------

13. Avatar name: Genghis Burner Parr

Real life location: Texas
    Real life age: 47

Entropia join date (or approx): 11/15/10
    Agility: 1

Mining: 0
    Hunting: 0
    Crafting: 0

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality): CPA, Quick Learner, Played Everquest for years

What do you seek in the Entropian community: Would like to be pointed in the right direction.

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society: Need some help getting started. Might bring 4 or 5 friends into game who played WoW for years but I would like to know what I am doing first.

How can you help to make this happen: I have tons of time until Jan. Would be willing to logon at anytime. Do not have a problem with a small investment to get started. Just dont want to throw away money.

14. Avatar name: oreseur ore firsin

Start Planet:calypso

Real life location:ny
    Real life gender: male
    Real life age:27

Entropia join date (or approx): nov 13 2010
    Agility:3

Mining: just what i got from the starting area
    Hunting: just what i got from starting area plus i sold the items so i could get new gun since others broke cant buy ammo though lol
    Crafting:none besides what i did at starting area. atm just trying to farm sweat

fun love to joke around
    What do you seek in the Entropian community:
    fun peeps to play with. i have vent
    just some people to help show me around and such. maybe some sweating party's i read about online.

be there to listen and learn. I come from a back ground of ever quest eq2 wow and league of legends. just for a background of my online playing experiance.

15. Avatar name: Damien Godpants Boneweaver

Real life location: Az, USA
    Real life age: 28

Entropia join date (or approx): 11/13/2010
    Agility: 2

Notable skills in, or interest for... I really want to do hunting and mining well.

Mining: 11
    Hunting:
    Crafting:

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality): Loyal, Quick Learner, Easy going, Funny

What do you seek in the Entropian community: Fun with other people

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society: Learning the game better, people to play with.

How can you help to make this happen: I can play the game nearly everyday. I will actively do things with other society members.

16. Avatar name: Corina "Carny" Haynes

Real life location: Virginia, US
    Real life age: 30

Entropia join date (or approx):
    Agility: 4

Mining: 10
    Hunting:
    Crafting:

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality): Casual, like to interact and joke around, loyal, eager to learn

What do you seek in the Entropian community: entertainment, friends

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society: guidance. I'm not looking for handouts, just information, etc.

How can you help to make this happen: I'm patient, but also a quick study. I'm always willing to put in the time/effort necessary as well as helping others any way I can.

17. Avatar name:Zaphod IW Beeblebrox

Start Planet:Calypso

Real life location: Arizona USA
    Real life gender:Male
    Real life age:30

Entropia join date (or approx):11-13-2010
    Agility:2

Mining:10
    Hunting:???
    Crafting:???
    There are so many different aspects of both Hunting and Crafting that Im not sure what exactly is being asked for. However I have not done much of anything except Sweating and the tutorial section of the game.

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality): Love Tedium, Adaptable, Easy to get along with.

What do you seek in the Entropian community: fun ... especially fun ... for free ...

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society: Different in-depth aspects of crafting and general game play as far as mechanics.

How can you help to make this happen: I will generally play every day and If I don't its because I am taking classes at the local college and have homework to do.

18. Avatar name: Jak Amsterdam Telamon

Real life location: Texas, USA
    Real life gender: female
    Real life age: 23

Entropia join date (or approx): 11-10-2010
    Agility: 5

Mining: 9
    Hunting:??
    Crafting: ??

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality): I like to joke around, perform repetitive tasks, and make excel spreadsheets for fun :) I'm coming to Entropia after soloing in Eve Online, so I'm not scared of an Everest-like learning curve. I'm usually online weekdays, but not often on weekends, due to the fact that I go to college and work part-time on friday, saturday and sunday nights.

What do you seek in the Entropian community: I'm hoping to meet some cool people to help me learn more about Entropia, and continue to grow within a single society

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society: I need help in just about all areas of the game, since I just started, but the crafting aspects of this game look specifically interesting

How can you help to make this happen: I'm willing to do just about anything to pay back people willing to help me

19. withdrawing myself, found a society

20. Avatar name: Cornholio Corn Cornikovsky

Start Planet: Rocktropia

Real life location: Albany, NY USA
    Real life gender: M
    Real life age: 35

Entropia join date (or approx): 11-12-10
    Agility: 14 ( firt weapon combat )

Mining: interested
    Hunting: new so no stable group established yet
    Crafting: interested

Personal characteristics (keywords about your personality): nice guy , albeit perverted, hehe ( aren't we all )

What do you seek in the Entropian community: to learn the ropes , and become self-sufficient , while assisting others as i go

What kind of help are you hoping to get by joining a society: explanations of basics, occasional groups, crafting help ( as in what items are good to start with )

How can you help to make this happen: i have oodles of time to play, 10+ hours a day

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.