*Adopt a Newbie* Society List

Discussion in 'Adopt a Newbie Foundation' started by Dalas, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Alwyn

Alwyn loves cake!

No, I won't reconsider. At least not at this point. The NBK is turning over a new leaf and trying to keep our image clean. Shadowraider's entire posts have been a detrament to that and unfairly so, nothing is being done about that but the exact opposite is being done when we are trying to defend ourselves. If you could only see the threats Kiri and I are getting via PM, you would not debate this with me.

I thoroughly enjoy helping new players and I shall continue to do so without the aid of the ANF. This is not my loss, but ANF and everybodies' and everything that this organisation represents. I still wish it well, but so long as shadowraider is around I will not be participating and my faith is lost in the cause.

2. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

I cleaned out this thread yesterday evening before midnight, after a long day with Peters parents, who are on a visit from Holland.

I'm sorry if I didn't look everything through and missed something - which I obviously did. And I appologize if anyone felt personally attacked - that was not my intention.

My reason for clean this thread was indeed NOT to defend anyone or to hide what others were explaining - but to get this thread back up on track where it belongs. For the sake of ANF, which has done some quite nice things for a lot of newbies - and for Dalas, who is and has been working hard with the foundation.

I just woke up and realized other things, in my world quite serious, happened behind the scene too and I had to take action on that. In the light of all the things which happened the last couple of days, Shadowraider is permanently banned from this forum without any warnings.

I give you a day or two to reflect on this post - and then I will remove all the deleted'post msg to clean up this mess. If you feel to discuss this further, I'm all ears but I still don't wish to use this thread for it.

Thank you for your understanding
    Lykke

3. KiriHime

KiriHime Natural Born Killers

We're all human and we make mistakes :)

I'm sorry for hijacking the thread and causing it to go off topic. Now we can all move on and put our efforts into things that matter :)

4. well my soc. is called Calypso New Arrival Corp. It is as well as it says for new arrivals. We have a total of 3 members 2 are veterans. We accept any type of player as long as there willing to do everything we tell them to do. Get me a coffee i want a coffee that kind of thing. Its more or less we dont want the help to be in vein. We help starters getting on there feet. Guide them so to speak. Like the old mentors of project entropia. Nothing is free in the game but we are willing to give our time for free as long as there willing to work for it. We also would like to create a exclusive deal with other socs. that use alot of sweat to make ME. i wanna create a deal that we can sell our sweat that we collect from the starters and sell it to the designated Soc. at a fixed rate nothing more nothing less. This will be able to fund the actions of the new arrival. :) So please other soc. that read this please come and find me im usually stuck to the manufacturing machine in sweat camp. The name is King Noble Dragon. Lets work out a deal and we can take care of each other.

5. Jason Jay Carr

Jason Jay Carr Chetara Society ******

Hi Guys I run a Society that i am very proud of called Chetara, we started it in march 2007 after our previous soc was closed overnight by a moody soc leader.
    Most of our members came to us after hunting/tp runs by myself and my co-leader (Chetara Freckles Carlton (we took her name for the soc) and many of those ppl have gone on to do good things and progreess very well in entropia.

I myself am from England and due to life commitments have been fairly inactive for a time, i am now back full time and looking to carry on building the soc up,i have always enjoyed taking on new players and seeing them grow with the soc i would say at present most of our active members are hunting or mining and ofcourse sweating :)
    I am more than happy to take on players from anywhere in the world as long as they can type at least enough english to get by, ofcourse uk and european timezones would have more chance of bing online the same time as myself but we do have a number of american members and an aussie, hopefully as we get back up in active numbers we will be well covered.

Soc rules are fairly universal... no scamming, begging and preferably not too much colourful language in soc chat, i have only once had a pm complaining about one of my soc members and would appreciate it staying that way.

hope i havnt bored you too much, thx for reading if you got this far :)
    Regards and best wishes

Jason Jay Carr

6. }+~ ONYX ~+{ is a little french speaking and 2 years old soc; you can be anywhere, all we ask you is to try to speak french in the soc chat and be honest.

we will try to help any newbie with our little knowledge, fell free to contact us.
    i'll be your contact on this forum.

sakransael sakyt kyt.

7. Dalas

Dalas ANF Master & "Death Limited" Healer

Looks like I have a couple of PMs to send :)

For now it's bed time, but tomorrow is a new day!

8. Penny Dreadful

Penny Dreadful Bears the Horns of Power

Ouroboros is a relatively new soc created by close friends who rank from
    mid-level to noob. We are mostly a hunting society, but also mine and
    craft fairly often.

Our motto is "Unity. Eternal" as we consider ourselves longterm players,
    who help and support each other while exploring our world. The logo of the
    snake eating its own tail appealed to us as a symbol of being reborn,
    recreated anew in EU. And in EU death is not permanent, leading to
    "rebirth" or revival. That may sound all philosophical and brainiac, but
    we really are a fairly earthy bunch -- especially in humour :P

We are a Calypso-based society welcoming people who seek to play in a
    supportive, easy-going team environment. One key rule we have is to
    respect others, treat them as you would like to be treated yourself. We
    are here to help others enjoy their time, not tear them down. Most of our
    players are North American, but with odd sleeping patterns there is no
    reason folk from other timezones will be alone in the dark :) We are an
    English-speaking society, but we don't expect perfect grammar and spelling
    (almost impossible when typing in chat anyway lol).

We are looking to adopt 3 newbies to start. We are a small soc at 11
    members currently, but we all like to help out where we can and this seems
    like an excellent initiative to do that.

And if you see one or more of us while in-game, give us a shout out. Have
    fun, and may Lootius Bless!

--Penny Dreadful

9. Dalas

Thanks Penny!

I will add you to the list tomorrow evening when I get home to England, nice info though :)

10. My society is goal is to stable out the economy of new planets. We are relatively new society working towards this goal to make the game more playable for new players in hopes that It will give new players more of a reason to stay around and enjoy what the game has to offer.

Currently our society wants to keep members to 25+ and optimistic players. Though this doesn't apply to adopt a newbie foundation we accept all ages for adapt a newbie foundation but we do ask that you follow our guidelines while in our care.

Which is
    -Positive attitudes towards our members and other new players
    -To have fun while you're playing

As for myself i'm pretty care free but I love to help out new people with what ever questions they may ask. Currently I'm involved with Entropiatouragency.com Which I suggest checking out for free tp runs.

Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have about me or my society if I didn't explain it well enough ^.^

Zelgais greyworth

11. Dalas

Adapted newbies? :bowdown:

Thanks for popping by so soon and posting your info! I will send you a PM tomorrow when I'm logging in :)

12. eh he i'm sorry I completely missed that ^.^ but i guess it means the same thing in the end.

if you want more detail on what my society is. I actually wrote a small article when the society was closed off to recruiting and building it's frame work.

Info: Universal Economy

I should be on most the day tomorrow, If you want we can meet up in twin peaks

Zelgais greyworth

13. No Return

We are happy to adopt 2 newbies age 18+ location allover, most in the soc from Europe though. Having fun, slow growth in soc to be able to know each other better.

What we want from the newbies interest of learning , get as many as possible teleporters, ofcourse we gladly help,
    in team or solo, i still see its one of the 1st a newbie should do get the teleporters, its a great way to explore.

deppen, leader No Return

14. Dalas

I'd like to welcome Zelgato of ITC and deppen of No Return to our list of adopting societies!

I've hung out with both leaders and am confident that they're up to the task. Let's see how they go and wish them a productive time with their newbies :)

15. Hello,

Soaring Eagles is looking for a few good candidates for membership. Several of the members have been asking me when I would start recruiting again, so here goes... We are fairly free form society without a lot of rules. The only things we screen for is being 18 and over, self sufficieny, a willingness to ask and answer questions about the game, the desire to treat others with respect and a sense of fun and adventure.
    We are not structured very formally. I am the leader, but get teased alot, which is fine by me. Members are basically equal in status, but the ones who have been in the longest often have the broadest knowledge base. We have some group activities, but many times it is just informal gatherings and impromto activities.
    We are looking for folk who stay up late in the Europeon time zone or play early evening in the USA time zone. It is preferred that chat be kept in the common language, English, but in pms of course, talk anyway you wish.

16. narfi

narfi Lost

Ill vouch for Emma,
    She was my mentor when I started and played a big part in getting me to where I am today.

narfi

17. Dalas

Wow! I can't believe I missed two posts in this thread! How did that happen? No idea.

Anyway, PM sent to Emerald and thanks for vouching there Narfi, that really helped :)

18. AEU Regiment will take on some new members. We'll start with 4.

18+ years of age.

English speaking society with members from all over.

I am in Eastern US time zone. However, I am not on a definate time frame.

Must be open minded and have a sense of humor (friendly harassment :D).

Looking to build up the society with active and friendly members.

With more active members comes more events.

19. Dalas

Thanks for your post and interest UWN :)

We will have to arrange a time to meet up in-world so I get to know you and your soc a bit before the adoptions may begin. We can arrange that by PM easily.

Looking forward to meeting you, and thanks once again!

20. Hi Dalas

Candu Corp will be glad to take on some new members.

We are an Entropia Business society, and we are keen to have members join our society that have an interest in succeeding in real EU business. We derive pleasure from succeeding financially in the game, making it possible for us to afford and enjoy all the other fun activities that are out there to enjoy.

Our members enjoy various activities including swunting, hunting, mining, crafting, and EU business of course. Our business activities are structured to profit our members, not the society. This is achieved by supporting each others' business activities, through various methods derived from proven RL business techniques.

We are happy to show noobs the ropes in all these activities and a few other interesting things along the way. Success is there if they have the patience to try.

This is NOT a get rich quick opportunity, so noobs with that in mind need not apply.

Our foremost rules are honesty and integrity, at all cost. And any breach of this will earn instant dismissal.

We believe it is only through longstanding trust that strong lasting friendships, and partnerships are created.

I thank you for the opportunity to be considered for your great organization.

Regards

Peter Candu

PS our society website is a work in progress, but please feel free to have a look : http://candu.2hav.net

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.