*Adopt a Newbie* Society List

Discussion in 'Adopt a Newbie Foundation' started by Dalas, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Society

Laudanum

Correspondent

Magyar (US) Opticron (Europe)

Zone

US / Europe (English is our primary language of choice for expediency)

# of newbies

4-6

Looking for

Fitting personality, non traditional thinkers, folks who want more out of the game than just a collection of numbers and dollar values. Please refer to our website for more information!

2. Dalas

Dalas ANF Master & "Death Limited" Healer

I somehow missed this post, thanks there Magyar. Exactly what I wanted

I look forward to more future collaboration with you and your soc! That is one awesome website and logo by the way :)

Thanks for signing up with ANF and may your newbies be active!

3. Hah. Thanks! Im still working on learning the ins and outs of Drupal, but its been a fun project revamping this site from our older, less user friendly version! :alcohol:
    You didnt by any chance catch my article there on Neverdies Asteroid sale? :coffee:

4. Dalas

5. Hi Folks! I talked to my soc, and we're interested in trying this adopt-a-newbie thing out. Our leader has designated me to facilitate this. I'll take a look at how to formally undertake the adoption soon, but for now I'll give you the info for our profile. I'd also suggest that it might be a good idea to sticky this thread :smile:

Society: -=Gods of Chaos=-
    Correspondent: Me (I go by Fred ingame)
    Zone: North America
    # of Newbies: 1 for now
    Looking For: Adult players who don't mind bad (and often inappropriate) humor, and are not looking to scam/beg. We're primarily english speaking and online evenings, North America times. People who understand that real-life trumps Entropia!

6. Greetings, coffeeman! A welcome addition to good idea of ANF; i hope you be nice to the adoptees, and it works out best possible way; tip - i'm an adoptee myself, just decided by your writing, that i like you :p Fare thee well;

7. Dalas

Hey Coffeeman!

Thanks a lot for hunting us down here and offering an association with this Foundation. As I'm sure you'll appreciate, I will want to have a talk to you and/or members of your society before putting you on the list!

So, time-zones permitting, it would be nice to meet up in-world sometime, just let me know when (by PM in this Forum preferably).

Again, thanks for your support and I hope to chat to you soon!

Cheers,

Dalas.

8. /shamless advert mode
    Check on he clientloader for a new PvP event funded by the Guides

9. Dalas

Hehe Faye, well you know what I meant :D (I hope ;)). Our societies have to be able to look after the newbies they adopt, since the aim is to keep them involved in Entropia. A lapse potentially means one less newbie!

For everyone else: Please do not take Faye as an example, she is a noob murderer!

---

Welcome to the *Adopt a Newbie* Foundation Coffeeman, and say hi to your soc from us. We look forward to collaboration and success with you!

10. Paradox is no more

Paradox does no longer exist, the soc has been disbanded and site is gone,

To be honest i kinda forgot to switch it off after i gained leadership and built a site for the soc and 7 days later the soc was no more :/

Yes very stupid and proof im no longer fit to lead a soc, amnesia and demention is kicking in prob, i joined Global Alliance, its a great active soc with a diversity of all kinds of players and i like that, We are looking for more people. Feel free to join us, apply trough a soc terminal.

11. Dalas

Kung:

Tough times! I actually thought it was a different Kung I was seeing around in the soc Global Alliance although it looked "rather similar" to you. Just goes to show that nothing lasts forever and things are always moving on. Of course, we wish you the best time ever in Global Alliance! I don't know the society at all but maybe they'd be willing to join up with ANF? I might have to track down their leader or something... *Puts on balaclava and sneaks into the night* (damn it's actually morning).

Thank you for your time, effort and support for us, Kung :) Don't be a stranger!

Shadowraider:

Quite a generalisation there but there is definitely more possibility for a tyrannical leader in a small soc, I agree. I have actually been accused of this, but the funny thing is, I don't even lead my soc! My leadership style is what they call"laissez-faire" ;) It's easy to jump in and get the wrong end of the stick, especially online. We're all different and have to find something that works for us. For you that may be a bigger soc like NBK, the baby-soc from which (Army) is even a partner of ANF.

Let's hope you've found where you belong!

12. Np Dallas, i'm grinding combibs 6 to 8 hours a day in swamp, ill contact the soc leader and ask him your request, im sure its gone be positive, we are looking for more members (no requirements), ill talk to you ingame. Count me out for a while im gone focus on my own game, im too upset coz i lost Paradox and for now im just gone focus on my own game.

13. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

Good luck with everything Kung! Things in game can be 'dynamic' in different ways! Looking at it positively, as you are, is the best you can do :)

14. Paradox is no more

hear me out! i was not refering to you or Paradox in a negative manner; i wanted to join Paradox, but then i got invited by Lost Renegades (wich only caused me problems); i was sorry to hear that Paradox was disbanded, actually; so , kudos to you, brother! cheers; :thumbup:

15. Paradox is no more

As much as I would want to agree with you, ANF foundation is new and like any new group the bad seeds are necessary in order to truly appreciate the good additions when they come along. Over time colorful interactions like this teach people boundaries, and it is in this area that ANF may be at its weakest.

In wanting to do good for new players they put themselves in a position where they are easily taken advantage of by individuals who may not wish to return the favor they are given, and easily swayed by politics of individual guilds who may have other agendas aside from the good of ANF. The end result is the foundation becomes a forum for cyber strutting.

So in a sense, by all of the drama this one individual has been the center of he is doing some long range good for ANF. Others like him will serve to reinforce those lessons over time. Like any good project, the first few steps are the hardest.

16. KiriHime

KiriHime Natural Born Killers

Paradox is no more

That's a very good point, I never thought about it like that.

Still, this oppurtunity should be used as a learning experience on how to handle and deal with new members that have issues and cause problems.

I've never met, spoken or had any interactions with you before. I would just hate to see other socs withdraw from the group after having a bad experience like this. Hopefully some steps are taken to prevent future issues like this from happening with a problematic member.

17. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

Yes, it had to come to this.

Inappropriate posts has been removed and so has the replies. I'm sorry for this and for the effords people put into explaining themselves, but this is necessary to bring back the thread to it's main goal and purpose; To welcome societies into the ANF programe!

I hope you will all accept this solution, as this is not a kindergarden, nor is it a dumping place for problems between people.

Do you have any personal issues with this decission feel free to pm me or each other instead, but leave it our of this thread.

Thank you for your understanding

Lykke

18. Alwyn

Alwyn loves cake!

In that case, this is the point that my society pulls out of ANF. Please remove me from your list and cancel the contracts you sent out yesterday Lykke as I can no longer support this organisation. I was willing to take on unlimited amount of recruits but due to the slander aimed at the group of societies that I belong to and the fact that ANF and EP will take no action to resolve this besides deleting the post Kiri has made to defend the NBK as a whole (including the society I run, NBK Army, who have taken on as many newbies as we can) and not the posts that he has felt a need to defend us on, I can no longer support it.

I wish ANF the best in the future, and I truly believe what you are doing is a good thing but I cannot and will not subject myself, my soc or the NBK to behaviour like this anymore.

Regards,
    Alwyn.

19. narfi

narfi Lost

Alwyn, I would like to ask you to reconsider your thoughts a little bit. At least one of shadowraiders posts were deleted as well. It cant be easy moderating something like this, so try not being to harsh on those who's responsibility it is to do so.

ANF is a great organization, and has done lots of good for lots of people including shadowraider who received the starter gift from them. Try and not let one persons negativity spoil your view on the organization or this forum. They try and allow more free speech than ef does, which at times bothers me as well, but it allows people to speak their mind more openly.

NBK has had plenty of bad press in the past, but I think in this instance you guys have demonstrated good leadership and a true willingness to help new players. Don't let this clean mark on your name be smeared by reacting rashly over a player who was unsuccessful with fitting in to the first 3 societies he tried.

gl and have fun,

narfi

note to the mods:
    All the posts in this thread that are directly related to this incident and not having to do with the actual discussion of this thread could be moved to its own thread. This would allow people to discuss what is on their minds without really clouding up the spirit behind this thread. (I realize im clouding it up even more by posting here, but not sure where else to post since its in response to posts in this thread)

20. KiriHime

KiriHime Natural Born Killers

<removed quote from a deleted post>

The fact that this post is deemed appropriate is the reason the NBK is withdrawing. I hope it was a mistake.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.