Entropia News: Account-Liquidation-Auctions

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by EP-Newsbot, Dec 16, 2013.

1. "There will be a fee if you want to take part of the files. Please return with an invoice address. It´s not possible at the moment to estimate the total cost."

That is what they answered with

edit: I suggest you write to them if you have an interest and ask for more details on the cost

2. I feel a fund raising come :) Count me in!

3. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

(second thoughts) ... some things are just better left unsaid

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  4. sledgehammer

sledgehammer Ping Pong

A quick google search reveals a facebook page for a Latvian (edit: originally wrote Russian) living in Egypt.

https://www.facebook.com/maksims.kuprijanovs

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  5. Tass

Tass Administrator

Well, Nostrop then.

6. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

bingo !

7. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Done

8. I googled him, but had no idea Nostrop is a latvian from egypt... O_O

9. RAZER

wasn't that just a diving holiday ?

10. I dont know...last headline for me was "Slayem and Bowles"...so feel free to top that story !

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. RAZER

nope can certainly not top that story :)

12. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Got a reply from the Swedish court system. They sent me a detailed list of all the different dates and actions that took place in the case.

The cost for obtaining documents is 50 SEK, plus 2 SEK per page scanned. The first 9 pages are free. I'm trying to find out how much pages the full set would include, and whether we'd be allowed to publish it after purchasing.

However, the fact they instantly supply a detailed list of all documents making up the settlement should put to rest the claim by some people that this is a private settlement and that hosting the documents would somehow be illegal.

I'll keep an eye on my mailbox for a reply.

13. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Apparently the Swedish government is able to shift a lot faster than MindArk. I got a note that the total package would end up costing about 850 SEK (~125 USD).

I hoped for a bit less than that, to be honest. Anyone interested in this at all?

14. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

By the way. The most interesting bit of this whole mess is that the EULA apparently is worthless. MindArk would not have agreed to a settlement if it thought the EULA would hold up in a court case.

The EULA states that as a player, you are at the very most, entitled to the TT value of the items on your account, and that they can ban you whenever they deem fit.

Yet, here they are, apparently settling to pay Nostrop 60% of the execution value of his gear.

15. RAZER

mmm thats about 10x higher then I would have hoped

16. AxeMurderer

AxeMurderer Master Of Entropia

subscribing

17. 125$ is not worth to read HunterZ real name and how this case went. I wanted to get enraged for free. Ignore it. :)

18. So this case have been ongoing since 2008? five years.

19. So I take it that means there are about 400 pages, are you intending on reading and publishing all that?

20. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Prolly not. I'm thinking there's no real point. I'm thinking of starting at the end and working our way back as we discover interesting other documents being referenced.

Or maybe we can figure out a way to get the full documents, and publish an executive summary so people won't have to wade through 400 pages of legal drivel.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.