About skills for spaceship pilots

Discussion in 'Professions and Skills' started by nexus7, Feb 26, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Are there specific skills that you need for operating a spaceship?

• Like Like x 8
  2. Anna

Anna Master of the Universe

No, i dont think so.

• Like Like x 11
  3. There are no skills for pilots just the investment of the hanger/spaceship. Once you have it it pretty much is autopilot.

• Like Like x 11
  4. Ludde

Ludde HOF HUNTER

Would be pretty annoying if the pilot didn´t have the skill to fly. And when he ran out of oil he would tell the passangers to leave :)

• Like Like x 10
  5. Thanks to all - sry for late reply, only I've been stranded somewhere in EU:D

Very surprised you don't need special skills to fly a spaceship seeing as you need skills for just about anything else in EU, so that's good to know. It's a good few months away yet, but I would love a spaceship. I know they cost about 60-70k PED with the hanger, but have no idea if pilots make a profit...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2008
    • Like Like x 9
  6. I have only seen them going for around 120k - 150k.
    From my understanding, if you do it full time, you can make a little profit off of it.

• Like Like x 6
  7. Ludde

Ludde HOF HUNTER

If you buy a hangar for 120k and if you take 25/ped / person then you need to sell 4800 tickets, But i havent calculated the oil use. But its proably not any problems to make a profit.

If yo can do 0ne flight/ day the it will take 1200 days before you start to profit.

• Like Like x 10
  8. himm.... ware do i sigh up? hangers on loan? do they come with payments like a car? =-P

• Like Like x 4
  9. They come with High oil prices.... about 25k oil required to fill these dudes up.

• Like Like x 5
  10. :)

Thanks for correcting me on that - I was quoting from prices that I saw some time ago (a long time ago...) before the AV recreation, so prices must have gone up. BTW - I hope we've both quoted PE$ here and not US$, because to be honest I've forgotten :D

Ludde - " If yo can do 0ne flight/ day the it will take 1200 days before you start to profit."

Flip - that's a bit of a downer. This might make me do a quick U-turn from the idea

• Like Like x 5
  11. Anna

Anna Master of the Universe

Well, to be realistic, maybe 4 flights a day.

Thats 300days before profit.

If i would have enough peds, i would buy hangar.

• Like Like x 4
  12. yep...to have an hangar and a ship it is a good ideea...i have a friend who had one, and from profit he pay a pilot with 2-2.5k peds/mounth!! So i think it he had some good profit!!

• Like Like x 7
  13. That is only 200 US$ to 250 US$. Nice little part time work I guess. :)

• Like Like x 5
  14. Yep - that makes sense; would reduce the time. I'm starting to think though, that maybe most hangers are not purchased by one person but by a few ppl that chip in.

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.