A Message from David Post

Discussion in 'Next Island News & Information' started by Enzo, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Enzo

Enzo Next Island Manager

[​IMG]
    Originally posted HERE>>>

Hi everyone - this is David Post, Chairman and Chief Complaint Officer.

The delay in the launch dates is my doing. I know that Entropians have seen this before, but I made some difficult decisions based on what is good for us in the long-term.

So here's the scoop:

• We will open our Beta on Dec 7-8 so you all can play - it will not be publicized.
    • We will have our trade launch - to the media at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas on January 5th. This was the decision I made because we will have TV coverage then.
    • We will announce and allow the media entry on Jan 5th at the Digital Experience Show at CES.
    • We will have our consumer launch around the 3rd week of January 2011 with events in New York City and Los Angeles (maybe other places as well).

My reasoning is, that we make some impact which cannot occur in December, but can occur at CES. I did not want something almost finished, and then have to make excuses.

We do appreciate your patience, and hopefully will gain your support. I truly hope you will love Next Island and Time Travel.

-David Post

2. so 2011 , the worse case scenario is confirmed , still looking forward - but derails plans of seeing Next Island live before christmas..oh well

3. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

:p
    We will have the Beta launch exclusively (it seems) for the EU community, delivered to us on Dec 7th or 8th to be able to explore, so why is it that important that it go live before Christmas? Also, I don't see it as a worst case scenario either ... I see it as a developer who is mindful that delivering a half-assed product isn't a good thing. He gets my respect for sharing the information he has regarding the delay in the launch of Next Island, because it could have been the same ol' soup warmed over that we get elsewhere. At this point, I don't see the need to be overly critical about this delay, but rather more appreciative that we didn't get an unfinished product that would certainly have caused more of a bitch session. :p

4. At least there is a plan that should be followable, let's hope the technology behind it will work, and that it will all work well. Better to wait a bit for that and play well, than to fail because it doesn't do as it shoud.

5. MindStar9

This is confusing, because as a result of Marius putting my David Post information on the front page, we now have two threads going on about the same thing. If posts from my thread get merged with the front page, then it looks as if Marius is giving the information to the community instead of me, which the front page looks like anyway because it's under his name. I think the person reporting the news should get the credit for it if it's being placed on the front page, and ... it's what 711 did at EF whenever he took someone's posts and put them on the front page. Hopefully Marius will be able to sort this out. I offered news reporting assistance in PM as well, so maybe we'll have that one of these days, in addition to those on NI staff who already provide information. :)

6. A good start for Next Island in communication.
    Hope this will continue to let the interested ones stay informed before and after the launch.

7. Enzo

Enzo Next Island Manager

Calm down Mind. Currently Articles can only be placed on the homepage by me. Where they are placed now is at the dead center of the page and in the article section. Your post was in the forums. Also if you notice the first line in the article links to your post.

8. MindStar9

Whoa ... I am calm Marius :( ... and my apology if my post came across otherwise. Perhaps I could have worded it a bit differently? I guess I was just confused as to why we needed to have two threads going on, as that is what it appeared to be to me, because I didn't see (or overlooked) a link to my thread. I very much appreciate that you placed the information on the front page, but I saw comments being posted there as well and it just confused me. I've been doing news reporting for years at the forums, and this is the first time I saw my content on the front page under someone else's name, so forgive the initial reaction please.

At other forums, work was always done in a private area until ready for publishing, and even though I publish my own stuff on the front page at EntropiaPlanets now, this wasn't the case at EF. 711 always posted the news articles and player profiles under the author's name, so this was a first for me.

Again, I'm not upset, and maybe I should have worded my post differently, but I'm respectfully asking that maybe you can give a minute of understanding why I reacted the way I did. Sorry if I disrupted anything. What you did is appreciated.

9. LOL I think we need a Valium smiley :)

10. MindStar9

Funny! ... too frickin' short

11. Fox

Fox

Ich have one! Look at this, MS9, and you will be calmer. :p

[​IMG]

12. MindStar9

Glad you're having fun! Now let's get back on-topic please before we have another visit from the Admin to do so.

Thank you!

13. Hey Wait a min I'm the agitator here.. I'm never calm WTPhook.. Can I get a Badge here?? Can i lock up farce for Breaking time laws??? Bahh can i rob a Bank??? :palm:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.