Planet Calypso: A ban on "new" content?

Discussion in 'Planet Calypso' started by Wistrel, Nov 6, 2012.

1. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Just a (mad) thought but last night I was walking around the "lower deck" of the "space station" connected to the old CND asteroid...

Theres a ton of stuff down there, rooms, shelves packed with items, some really nice stuff... and none of it has any "point" whatsoever!

So here's a crazy idea, put a 2 month ban on "new" content and enforce all planet partners to "flesh out and polish" the stuff they have. This can take any form, refining models, new missions that exploit old areas etc. I'd like to see fixes like making models with spaces big enough to walk through to actually allow people to walk through, maybe add some voice/sound effects to some existing missions like we had on Hunt the thing. Change it so exiting space stations actually allows you to enter the gate before TP'ing you or making doors open when you approach (eg the compound in hunt the thing or the PVP forts that have buttons)

Basically it would be good if everyone had a "polishing" month or 2 once a year where they only concentrate on cleaning up everything they have previously had to rush the year (or decade) before.

Over and out

Wistrel

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yep, I agree, there's too many buildings, areas, etc that have no real purpose, so this would be a good idea. You get the impression that PP's have just thrown in a lot of cameo objects just to make EU look more than it really is, but this doesn't make sense unless it's a statue or similar. If it exists in-game then we should be able to interact with it in some way, or don't have it in the first place...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

One of the things I was most excited about with the star citizen pitch was the idea of ALL things in cockpits etc having a purpose ie if it looks like it should move or do something it will.

Honestly though, it doesn't have to be amazing changes just small things. That area under the flight deck for example could be made worthwhile if there was just a single npc. Sure I could come up with a script for something. If fact missions don't even have to be "missions" as such. Just having a few more npcs with things to say or stories to tell would be enough.

Actually what I think is worse is that some of the space landing places have NPC's... that do NOTHING! Grrr... this sort of thing really bugs me

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  4. And put some storyline into things while your at it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. 2 months is not nearly long enough.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

maybe true

7. Crystal Palace had many (unsed) rooms and floors as well...

...now it has teleporters +"biodomes". Thats evolution ! -_-

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I really miss the old CP hallways and rooms and the bar up there

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.