8 weeks since CES - when does NextIsland goes official???

Discussion in 'Next Island' started by Fox, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Fox

Fox

Maybe I didn't notice it, but slowly I get a bit impatient.

EIGHT weeks without a word about the official start of Next Island?
    So, what's up there? And I don't mean the ND part, I speak about the true Next Island.

PLEASE, dear Officials: Can we get a little bit of information?

2. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

As I mentioned in another thread ... there is a full page by David Post in the March issue of the EntropiaTimes which will be published on the 12th. That's only a few days away, and perhaps his message will answer some questions that people have ... and the discussion can continue.

3. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

Cryptic??!! :p I'm all for suspense but doesn't this go against good communication practices?! :confused: People would like to have better and more timely communication between their respective planet partner. :love: Not like we see with another!! :palm: I just hope that with this magazine we are not being pushed aside for the big scoop!! :kick:

4. MindStar9

Sorry for being so cryptic, but it's nothing like that at all Hon ... it's not a big scoop. As a result of the OP, as well as questions elsewhere about communication from the developer, I just wanted to let everyone know that David Post gives a one-page message about Next Island in the next issue of the magazine. It's like a page out of the diary of a planet owner. You only have a few days before the magazine is published. :p

However, I agree with you, there should be better communication with the community for sure. :love:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Calin

Calin Due for an Ultra-Uber Loot.

It truely baffles me why any PP wouldn't be in pretty much CONSTANT contact with their customers.:palm:
    Even if it's just a "Here we are if you need us for anything." Or in the case of new PP's... "We are here and want your feedback on how we can make the experience better".

Even having someone constantly checking for information on bugs, issues, exploits, missing features, etc. in the forums and in-game should be standard practice. I don't mean they are on the forum or in-game 24/7, just that they should pop in a few times each day and address concerns and basically say "Hi, we are here."

6. There might be a gold event similar to the one Calypso had years ago, and that might signify the grand opening. I feel like NI is already up and running and the time travel by Kitten signified the grand opening.

7. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

This I think is what everyone wants. And I truly believe that it should be done!! :)

I hope I wasn't too harsh. I was just hoping that there wasn't a delay in information just to have it posted in the magazine. Ty for clearing it up!! :D And I can't wait to read the next issue!! :dance:

One can hope this is true!! Yep I would love to see all planets do this!! The gold event that is.... ;)

8. Well SDC hinted at a TGA for Calypso so it would make sense for other PP's to have some kind of golden event to compete. After all they don't want us all running to Calypso for a month or two for some heavy hunting :)

9. Hoping they open the Kyanite Lakes Server (SW Mainland) and Enchanted Lands Server (Maybe even the Sypherton Server (wishful thinking lol) soon on the mainland as all thats really finished is Crystal Cove Server and Club Neverdie Server, But most likely the Kyanite Lakes is the next server to open as the LAs are already in place - But these other servers will mark end of beta and public opening as the Crystal Cove is the open test server, but rumor is Kyanite Lakes was the closed test server , the new mobs which we already know 3 of by looking at the corpse (Chimera and Portal Guardians and the Ancient Skeleton King) maybe finally named

10. MindStar9

You were just fine my dear, no problem. Also, I don't think there was a delay in any information being given to the community at all, in fact, we asked for an ad (I believe) from David to put in the magazine (like we did with Ed Robles for Cyrene - and have that), but David did his page a little different. There's a small paragraph on his perspective, and one on the backstory, but I still think the community will find it interesting.

That's all I can give you (sorry), except the magazine will be published sometime on Saturday. :) I just didn't want people to think that it's this big elaborate spilling over of information like in an interview ... it's sort of an advertising page, but it will definitely answer one of your questions. :)

11. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

LOL That would be great!! :D

Sounds like its going to be a great read!! A few more days!! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.