3D-print service for EntropiaPlanets members

Discussion in 'General Entropia Universe Discussion' started by Jamira, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Wait wait, I got told how to "smooth" in 3ds max, but dont have acces to 3ds max right now.
    Maybe that step can save a lot of work.

2. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

Not sure why I said video in my previous post, but here is a picture :)

IMG_1221.JPG

He is now on a shelf with his friends, Hogglo, Atrox and Longu.

Thanx Jamira, I love him !

• Like Like x 3
  3. Paint it ! :D

Looks quite nice :)

4. RAZER

Paint it you say, well, that would end up with a very ugly purple looking mess I'm afraid :)

5. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Something like this?
    20150218_183222.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  6. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Okay, but this feature of 3ds max is a bit tricky ... at least from my experiance with 3ds max 7. It wouldn't save work but could improve the appearance a bit - as the name says: "Smooth". It replaces hard edges by several more triangles wich make them smooth even. The effect is comparable to what the renderer ingame does but this time the geometry is truly affected.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  7. RAZER

Yep

IMG_1222.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  8. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Well, since I'm able to print again, let's continue with McCormick's Drone. It's running already. Will be a ~160 mm high model. I had to rework it a bit. It's left feet was crippeled, the guns didn't fit to the robot's arms and it was 2.2 mm high only. The hip wasn't connected to the thighs. I put a cylinder into the model and melted them all together.I assume it was meant as 2.2 m. All in all it's a pretty good model. No problems ... a bit simple even ;-)

9. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Holy shit! That bloody bastard took nearly six hours for printing.
    20150329_001328.jpg
    20150329_002319.jpg
    McCormick you owe me 'nen Kasten Jever! ;-) pm me your postal adress and I will send it to you ... you may pay the shipping costs ingame ... ~50 PED. Or better visit me at Lippstadt, get your model, some melee practice
    20150329_003251.jpg
    ... or bow shooting
    20150329_003426.jpg
    I made this bow by myself. It's made from damn hard Hickory wood. We could spend a nice weekend and kill that "Kasten Jever" together ...

• Like Like x 2
  10. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Drone looks ace!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

ROFL!
    Well the drone is still here. 160 mm. Not sanded and polished yet. It looks shitty. Like most of the original models from games ... not only EU! They aren't made for RL.
    How ever think about this Kasten Jever (see above) and a visit to Lippstadt again. Just for fun and hang out relaxed at my loggia and remember good old times.

• Like Like x 1
  12. The Kasten Jever was well hidden between the drone and the sword. x'D

Should I login anytime soon, Ill be glad to pay you in PEDs. Lippstadt is 4 hours from here, but I thank you for the invitation, maybe another day. :)

13. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

I don't need PEDs anymore. Would be a waste of money.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.