Planet Calypso: ;-)

Discussion in 'Planet Calypso' started by Jamira, Apr 8, 2014.

1. dalewj

dalewj StoryTeller/Nerd/Gamer

even at your age? HAHAHA

2. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

ROFL YEAH! TBH Ulla is at age of 44 ... still a good age for woman - not like me at 60 ;-)
    This "Ulla Nova" is at level 100 in onehand and twohand weapons. She is at level 100 blacksmith and can do everything she want to do. We have extraordinary kill-animations here. OMG .. sometimes Ulla use her blade at the right shoulder of a victim to prevent it from fall over ... only to be able to place both of her onehand blades crosswise to it's neck and cut it's head off with a strength crosscut. She is a bad ass in Skyrim like she was at Calypso ;-)

... I love roleplaying ;-)
    ... just got "Oblivion" yesterday. Unfortunately I will be away from my comp this weekend. So I cannot check Oblivion nor can I put some more effort into the Pitbull-model.
    ... the reason is: I will make my own longbow in RL ;-) It's a two-day course;
    http://www.archerybrennecke.de/epag...tPath=/Shops/11692338/Categories/Bogenbaukurs

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  3. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

All I got atm is this Rhino-model:
    [​IMG]
    It's work in progress. Since the model is great enough I will add some features the original ingame vehicle doesn't have. I will make the hatch functional. I will make the seats inside supported instead of the "flying" seats. Probably some details more. Let's see ...

Once I got a good model I will offer it to customers. So stay tuned ;-)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

No news this weekend. I have an important RL issue. I am in Suhl, Thuringia and learn to build my own longbow.
    www.archerybrennecke.de
    Morrow eavening I will have my own longbow, build by myself. A deathly weapon.
    Do you know the V-sign, Winston Churchill used during WW2? Most folks think it means V for "victory". Thats wrong. It was the sign of english bowmen to french enemies that they still have both of the fingers to draw a bow. Nice move in historically knowledge :-)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Holy shit! I got my own 40 pound longbow! Well, professionals will lough about it. But it is the first try of a total noob. Our teacher told us: "It's a task of genes :-)" Unbelievable: I made my own Hickory (really, really hard wood!) Longbow within two days (Usually it would take ~4 days. But André helped us a lot.) . And it's amazing to feel the power of it. This is not a toy! I am still not able to use it. Noob even. But some practice will help to skill up with it. We had some practice after finishing the bow and making at least three arrows. Guys, you can't imagine what it means to draw it and let the arrow fly to the target! Well, I mostly missed it ;-( But I got an impression of what such a deadly silent weapons can do. The penetrating power is at least good enough to kill a deer, our teacher said.

I fell into love with this smooth, silent and elegant weapon immediately. Such items could be the real sniper weapons ;-)
    If you are interested in: check Youtube for "ZDF Terra X-Experiment: MittelalterlicherLangbogen" etc. Well, it's in german but André is a really cool urban guy who lives at a beautiful place nearly Suhl in Thuringia. I was so impressed by his knowledge about woods and bows and historical facts! That was one of the best weekends in my life!

I am afraid I will consult him for more advanced advice soon ;-) I will post some pictures later ... sorry for off topic ... I am so excided ...

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
    • Gratz Gratz x 2
  6. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Puhhhh ... calmed down a bit. Back at home and still unable to draw my bow completely. It's such a thin wooden piece (~10 or 12 mm in thickness) - but I cannot bend it to the end - lol! Unbelievable!

Tomorrow I will have time to put some works to the Pitbull again. Hopefully I can make the main hull.

7. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

Awesome news on you Longbow. I love archery though its been years since I've had the chance to do any. Now that I have a life again (having resigned from my job at the hospital) I might actually look into the local archery clubs and see what's around! :idea:

8. dalewj

dalewj StoryTeller/Nerd/Gamer

Note to Self: Do not enter central Germany dressed as any type of mob even if there is a convention there...

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

I won't shoot at something or someone. The main experiance is still that I made the bow by myself. One can buy such a bow for $50 at amazon or elsewhere. I paid at least ~$400 for two days making it by myself with the help of one of the most skilled bowbuilders in Germany. That was worth it. And hey, dale! You must be dressed as Atrox at least to get into trouble with your Fort Troy Child ;-)
    Lately I was too busy with RL work. I couldn't put much more effort to the Pitbull yet. Even when I come home I start Skyrim and skill up the other Ulla Nova - she is as tough as Jamira in EU with her blades ... a bad ass even ;-) Crazy Uber-Armor - lol!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014
  10. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Well, the pain lingers on ... no time for hobbies like 3D-models. Looks like I have to ride to Birmingham next days ... away from the Pitbull model ... ***moan***

11. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Puhhh! I am fired. No job from January. It's probably hard to find another job for a 60+ man even with wide experiance ... let's see. Hanging out at work I put some work to the Pitbull again and hope to be able to print some more parts soon. Stay tuned.
    Screenshots from my old ThinkPad:
    Pitbull 06.jpg
    Pitbull 07.jpg
    Let's see if we can make it printable.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  12. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Ohh ... and yes, IF it works I won't care for copyrights anymore. IF it works I'll offer this model. Will be kinda 21 cm long.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  13. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Well, I will have time for further work on that Pitbull during the next 3 or 4 weeks.

I improved my Skyrim experiance widely. I got slavery and more followers to build my own little army. Reason enough to enter civil war quests. My little army (12 slaves and 15 followers) did all the job for me - uhh ohh, I've lost some of my slaves - but okay, I can get some more soon.

Just for entertainment and keep on the ";-)".
    My war camp near Whiterun:
    ScreenShot89.jpg
    A prayer to the NINE in the morning with my slaves:
    ScreenShot92.jpg
    Some morning sports and fun ;-)
    ScreenShot101.jpg
    Later I assembled a more powerful little army with my slaves and more followers (unfortunately the slaves won't use horses):
    ScreenShot131.jpg

Last edited: Nov 25, 2014
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.