Planet Calypso Content Release 2012.4
Official release notes
PLANET CALYPSO CONTENT RELEASE 2012.4 2012-08-28
***PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT IF YOU FIND SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY IN PLANET CALYPSO! IT MIGHT PROVIDE THE INFO YOU NEED BEFORE CONTACTING THE SUPPORT DEPARTMENT!***
REVAMPED NEW COLONIST EXPERIENCE
The “New Colonist Experience” of Planet Calypso has been improved to offer our newcomers a more instructive, accessible and engrossing introduction to Entropia Universe. We have redesigned the “Start Room” and “Gateway” to address concerns expressed by the new players who took part in our surveys this past spring. Among other things they feature a simpler and more linear layout that will be less confusing to the newcomers. The “New Colonist Experience” also contains significantly more information about the gameplay of Planet Calypso and Entropia Universe. All of this has been done in a story driven approach in order to provide the player with an early peek into the rich history of Calypso. Current participants will have the ability to test drive the improved New Colonist Experience beginning several days after this release by activating the televator in Port Atlantis named “Calypso Gateway”.
PLANET ATMOSPHERE AND LIGHTING
The default atmospheric and lighting settings of Planet Calypso have been modified to give a more enjoyable experience when exploring Calypso. Some of the features include the following:
- The moons have been moved closer and their texture resolutions have been increased.
- The length of a full day cycle has been lowered from about 5 to 2 hours
- The portion of the cycle allotted to night-time has been lowered.
- Nights are now significantly less dark.
- It is no longer possible to teleport to a location within 150m of an oil rig.
- It is no longer possible to use or spawn a vehicle within 25m of an oil rig.
- Gun turrets have been placed in the land grab forts.
- The use of vehicles have been disabled inside the contaminated area known as “PvP4”.
- Camp Icarus, a new outpost, has appeared to the east of Port Atlantis.
- A new oil rig and PvP area has been added to the north-east of the new outpost.
- Several dozen new quests have been implemented.
- The Atrox has been updated with new graphics and animations.
- New equipment has been added and is waiting to be discovered.
- Argonaut Elites have been added to the Silver Mission.
- It is not possible to skip the new tutorial and go straight to Calypso at the “Mr Yoshida” NPC in the new starting area. If you want to skip the tutorial, you will need to run to the end of the new area and speak with the NPC Lieutenant Smith to gain passage to Calypso.
MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to insure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches.
Un-noted changes, images of new stuff, etc go here
Wiki documented changes
Links, references, contributors, categories
- Previous Version Update: