PROJECT ENTROPIA VERSION UPDATE 5.7
Project Entropia is currently offline for upgrades. The big content update, VU 5,7, is being applied to the virtual universe. While doing so, we are also upgrading the hardware infrastructure backbone supporting Project Entropia. This affects the www.project-entropia.com web page as well.
ETA on when the upgrades are finished is currently unknown. This page will be updated when new information arrives.
We apologize for any inconveniences due to these updates.
VERSION UPDATE FEATURES
Crystal Palace Space Station available
The Crystal Palace Space Station is opened! Take the journey into space and experience a whole new area of exploration. See never-before-seen scenery and encounters and find new items not available elsewhere. Be the first one to set foot in a unique setting, untouched by human colonists.
The venture into space and the Crystal Palace Space Station is the first step of Project Entropia.s upcoming exploration of space and beyond.
Project Entropia Hardware Infrastructure upgrade
The hardware platform and infrastructure handling Project Entropia is updated to new state-of-the-art equipment, capable of handling the ever-increasing number of new Project Entropia participants. Expect better performance, increased stability, and reduced latency.
New area of crafting; Armor attachments
The Project Entropia crafters has a new area to master; the creation of armor attachments. These attachments are added to existing armor pieces by dragging and dropping them onto the armor. To remove an attachment, just double-click on the armor icon while it is in your inventory.
Massive load of new clothes
A huge pile of clothes is added to Project Entropia. All these are tailorable. Some examples are:
- Fedora hats
- Bowler hats
- Top hats
- New bra model
- Stiletto boots
- Stiletto heels
- Cowboy boots
- Evening dress
- Mesh tanktops
- Bomber jackets
Several new colors have been added, including black and white paint.
A lot of completely new weapons added, including many melee weapons.
New armor sets
Armor sets added, both craftable and lootable.
A lot of new creatures have been spotted by explorers. Someone described a horrendous sighting on the Crystal Palace station.
An unnamed source has stated seeing new paintings on Calypso from a renowned Earth artist.
Colorable storage boxes
Storage boxes are now craftable as well as colorable. It makes it easier to distinguish between boxes.
Visual item update
Several items, mainly weapons, in Project Entropia have received a visual overhaul, and are now displayed with a much higher detail. This is a part of a series of grand visual upgrades being done to Project Entropia over the coming months.
New death system When you die you will have the option to teleport to the nearest revival point. If you decline you will be a stationary ghost, unable to move. To get the option to be moved while dead, please press the .T. key on your keyboard. That will move your ghost to the nearest revival terminal. Note that the old way, where you moved to your last revive position no longer applies.
One could ask oneself why anyone would like to be a stationary ghost. The answer is that you can be revived on the spot, given the right equipment or Mindforce.
.T. key change
If you press the .T. key while alive, you will be automatically teleported after 60 seconds to the nearest revival terminal.
Mentor system tweak
The first tweak to the mentor system makes it easier to become a disciple. You now can be Newcomer as well as Inept in your skills and still be a disciple. Expect more tweaks in future VU's.
Teaming issue fixed
An issue when disbanding a team and then having difficulties getting loot afterwards has been fixed.
The indoor movement speed is increased.
Independent Guide bundled with Project Entropia
The very nice and vibrant Project Entropia society Entropia Pioneers has, together with famed Project Entropia participant NEVERDIE created a Guide to Project Entropia, an unofficial manual of sorts for Project Entropia. The guide is bundled with Project Entropia and will available from the Project Entropia web site.
New fixes have been applied to the client, to reduce disconnects and Crash-to-desktop (.CTD.) issues.
KNOWN ISSUES/MISSING FEATURES
- All tailored clothes shown as .Uncolored. in the auction, even if they are colored.
- Currently, the virtual companies on the Exchange do not offer any shares.
- You can't repair a weapon with attachments attached to it. You have to detach them prior to repairing.
VU 5.7 Miniupdates
07 Jun 2004
Several minor updates has been applied to PE VU 5.7 the last few days. Some of the issues corrected are:
- NEW: The Firestorm chips can be put in the auction.
- NEW: Update to the Shopkeepers, enhancing performance and removed annoying glitches.
- NEW: The Pixie armor now have correct name and description.
- NEW: Visual update to the hangars, including the previously hard-to-walk-in stairs.
- NEW: The Standard Compressor blueprint updated.
- NEW: Massive amount of technical fixes, including CTD elimination, performance, upgrades and added verification in the PE Transaction Center and when you create an account.
- General stability upgrades
- Fixed an issue with targeting - including creatures. This will make it easier looting dead MOBs.
- Avatars and MOB's should no longer be invisible.
- Removed Storage boxes and Orange paint from the Trade Terminal. Boxes will be made craftable in a few weeks, and paints will be found as loot to a greater degree than before.
- Enhanced the probability of acquiring items instead of PED's while looting.
- You may no longer place general items in a space ship. Items already placed in such way will be located in each individual owner's storage facility.
- Fixed the decoys to no longer scare off the creatures.
- And many of other minor issues...
Wiki documented changes
No wiki documented changes yet.
Links, references, contributors, categories
- Previous Version Update: