Official release notes
Entropia Universe 12.8 Release Notes
09 Oct 2012
Entropia Universe Version Update 12.8 Release Notes
Integrated minor fixes for planet content into Entropia Universe:
- The Thing
- Next Island
Changes & Improvements
- Auction fees have been reduced by 25% for all items, and reduced by 90% for all deeds.
- It is now possible to create custom item sets with the new action “Create Item Set”, this allows players to quickly change between different equipment sets, such as armor with a single click.
- The scoreboard and notifications in The Hub PvP arena have been improved.
- Quest titles are now displayed in the abandon quest dialog box.
- The make-up mask system has been temporarily disabled in preparation for the upcoming avatar system upgrade.
- The Space auction category has been removed.
- A warning is now displayed when the required number of participants is not met for instance dungeons with a team size requirement.
- Motherships now have a "Restricted access" mode that is accessible through the Engineering terminal. When Restricted access is activated the owner of the Mothership is unable to operate the ship or remove any devices attached to it. This mode is required in order to place a Mothership deed on auction. The Restriction date can be viewed in the Mothership deed info panel.
- Motherships now have a "Public Access" mode that is accessible through the Vehicle Guestlist.
- Motherships now have a read-only access mode for the engineering panel, allowing others to view the current settings.
- Motherships now display their location on the map for the deed holder.
Crafting System Improvements A completely new and improved user interface for crafting has been implemented, which dramatically streamlines the process of constructing items.
The new interface automatically scans the avatar inventory and storage for blueprints, resources and materials, allowing items to be constructed without the need for dragging input materials into the crafting machine. Other exciting features of this new interface include-
- A single comprehensive overview of all blueprints carried in inventory and storage, with the number of attempts possible displayed based on currently owned resources and materials.
- Ability to customize the exact number of attempts to be made on the currently selected blueprint.
- Ability to sell crafted items directly to the Trade Terminal, with optional thresholds for minimum/maximum condition.
- Ability to set custom thresholds for the use of residue to improve the final condition of crafted items.
- Integrated access to auction buy and sell orders to assist in quickly acquiring necessary input materials from the market.
- Detailed log of each crafting session.
- An issue causing incorrect placement of ships when entering space from Planet Calypso has been corrected.
- An issue causing portions of the login interface to disappear at higher screen resolutions has been corrected.
- Several MindForce animations have been corrected.
- Unlimited Sleipnir ships now have the proper spawn cooldown.
- Mentors are unable to enter the Genesis area to recruit disciples.
- Content download requirements when entering the Genesis area are incorrect.
- When using the Auction Orders shortcut in the new crafting interface, the order window is hidden behind the main auction window.
MindArk and the Planet Partners strive to ensure a smooth and problem-free Version Update. Nevertheless, even after extensive testing some issues may arise after release. Such issues are often addressed via mini-patches directly after a release and in subsequent patches. If you feel that the possibility of encountering minor issues or bugs directly after a Version Update affects your gameplay to an extent that Entropia Universe is not enjoyable, please wait until the mini-patches have been released and any last minute issues have been resolved.
Un-noted changes, images of new stuff, etc go here
Wiki documented changes
No wiki documented changes yet.
Links, references, contributors, categories
- Previous Version Update: