Official Release Notes
Mentor system reimplemented
The Mentor system is now back with many improvements. With the Mentor system experienced participants can teach newcomers about Entropia Universe.
- In order to become a mentor you have to have an account for at least 6 months and you have to have at least profession level 15 in any profession.
- A Mentor has to register to become a mentor.
- A disciple can find a suitable mentor in the mentor registry.
- A disciple can kick a mentor at any time, and a mentor can kick a disciple. The disciple progress will be lost, but you can restart the process again with a new mentor.
- The disciple's skill progress is based on the sum of the skills: Anatomy, Geology and Engineering. The starting progress is your current skill when you start. You also have to get three achievements: Team hunt with your mentor, Disciple mining and Disciple hunting.
- A disciple will have the opportunity to rate the mentor when graduating.
- Both mentor and disciple get gifts if the disciple graduates successfully.
- Disciples and mentors from the old system will automatically be converted to the new implementation.
Space has been rescaled. Vehicle speed and fuel consumption has been adjusted to better fit the new conditions.
To improve possibilities of traveling over the increased distances, we invented a warp drive device, that you can add to the vessels engineering interface. The warp drive device will deteriorate with every use independently of distance traveled.
Activate and use warp speed:
- Activate warp drive from pilot seat.
- Select any position in space you want to travel to.
- The ship prepares for warp speed for 30 seconds. If being attacked, or attacking, during this period, the warp speed will abort.
- The ship enters warp speed.
When traveling in warp speed the journey will go through a set of warp speed route points to the desired destination.
In order to stop vessels traveling in warp speed warp mines can be dropped.
Warp mines can be dropped from smaller vessels and will be active for a limited amount of time only.
The success rate of bringing a ship out of warp speed depends on:
- Placement of the Warp Mine.
- The level of the Warp Mine.
- Warp drive level of the target vessel.
- Captain skills on target vessel.
Fixed issues in space
- Space has been updated with better graphics and more space mobs.
- When dodging shots in space, the pilot will gain skills in captain profession.
- Space station safe zones now have equal distances to planet teleportation zones.
- All motherships and privateers will be moved to the closest space station.
- Added target markers for creatures in space.
- Home visualization in the Map UI is updated more often for motherships. This location can be viewed by mothership guests and mothership deed managers no matter where they are.
- As a passenger in a mothership, privateer or if you are on a space station, you can now see where the ship (or space station) is located in space in the Map UI. Remember to select Space in the Map UI drop-down list.
- When destroying a small vessel, the avatar's hit points are reduced to 10.
- As a holder of a deed for privateer/mothership you are now allowed to enter the ship without claiming it.
- Fixed issues with crosshair in mothership's gunner seat.
Ammo Types Conversion
Light, Medium and Heavy Weapon Cells have been merged into a single type. The same goes for BLP Packs. All existing stacks have been converted.
General improvements and fixed issues
- Team loot rules now work as intended for space PVP battles.
- Fixed problem with history graph showing the wrong date.
- You now only get credited for creatures killed by you in wave spawn events.
- You can no longer add and drag avatar status bars to Desktop when in PvP areas.
- Various other bug fixes.
The following is informarion given as a preview. It might not exactly match the actual implementation.
- New feature: Disciples will also receive a graduation gift
- New feature: As you progress in your mentor skill you will move between different reward tiers with unique reward lists
- Re-design: You can now remove your mentor at any time
- The disciple reward is intended to encourage disciples to stick with good mentors
- New feature: you will be able to use skill chips when youre a disciple, the target level will simply move up
Improvements to the mission systems
- New quest function, we can now use quests to consume items. This means for example that you could bring materials that you have collected, give them to an npc and get something else back.
- New quest giver indicators, you will now be able to see if a quest giver has a quest available or if you have finished a quest and can talk to him to finish it by looking at the icon above its head ! ?.
Improvements to creatures and their AI
The creatures will now be able to alternate between different types of attacks each with their own set parameters and animations/sounds/particles.
The monsters will also have the ability to do AOE attacks that strike all players within a specific radius. These attacks can deal either regular damage or damage based on a percentage of the avatars current HP.
- Damage over time effects togeather with AOE application of the same.
- Creatures using mindforce.
- Creatures using projectiles that can be avoided.
Wiki documented changes
Links, references, contributors, categories
- Previous Version Update: