Why I nearly quit EU today...

Discussion in 'Entropia Space' started by nexus7, Dec 25, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Today I nearly quit EU, because even though I have 'flown through EU space' many times already, I yet again found general navigation haphazard and unintuitive. Don't know if other ppl find this...
    Here's what happened anyway. I went up into the heavens from PA mall in my quad-wing and was asked if I wanted to enter space, and I clicked yes. I tried to use the mouse (as ppl know you can't use the arrow-keys when navigating in space) to point myself in the direction of RT, but basically I just kept spinning wildly all over the place - nothing that I did with the mouse seemed to get me any control, the quad-wing simply wouldn't become stable. Added to this was the fact that 'from the off' I had been plunged into the PvP area outside the space station.
    Because I was distracted due to this endless spinning, I got jumped unawares by somebody and couldn't defend because my quad-wing atm has no weapon fitted/attached. Basically I was p....d off to say the least, because I knew what was going to happen! I was duely retired to the space station revive point and the quad-wing was returned to my PI, of course in a none-working order, so I needed a VRK, but of course there is no auction on the space station.
    So I had to go planet side after equipping my Vtol with the thruster, so as to try and get one from an auctioneer at PA. But then as I'm televating from the roof of PA mall down to the ground floor, I suddenly loose connection to EU.
    I then quit the EU client fully via the task manager, and then start it up again only to see that EU is currently offline for maintenance... Yet, I was able to log in anyway, and there were other AVs at PA chatting on the global chat, etc. I then went into the neverdie bank to get to one of the auction npc's, but the auction categories wouldn't load or display after umpteenth times of trying, so in the end I quit the game session.
    Now, I have to admit, I found this whole series or chain of events a bit ludicrous to say the least, which as far as I'm concerned all started with the fiasco up in space in the quad-wing because I simply couldn't get the thing under control, whatever I did with the mouse. I'm sure there is a bug or two with EU space navigation controls, but MA always denies this in support cases that I raise...

Anyway, this is why I nearly quit.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  2. narfi

narfi Lost

If you are ever in space stuck without an RK, go to my website chat and ask if any of my crew can assist you. Usually there are skillers on the ships repairing anyways who would love to be help out anyone in need.
    EntropiaTransport.com

doesnt help you yesterday of course, but next time you or someone else who reads this has the same issue they can save some TP fees.

as for the spinning with your quad, I always set waypoint where I want to go. (for instance if I am leaving Calypso going to Rocktropia I will set a custom waypoint on the map at rocktropia) then I hit spacebar to use my mouse to stear towards the waypoint diamond. As soon as I am on target (or even near it) I hit spacebar again. This stops any movement except for forward and steadies the craft. If I am not quite exactly lined up I will hit spacebar again and make small changes till its where I want and then make sure that I have hit space again to prevent any accidental changes.

hopefully that helps,

gl and have fun,

narfi

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. I don't really understand the "spinning problem", how that could be. :P
    I never have any problems like that, the only problems can be that i get a bit "disorientated", knowing what way i should fly. Do it the way narfi describes, that the way i also do it.

4. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

Same here. Suggests to me keyboard may not have been mapped properly for flying but not sure. If I remember correctly when we first got planes and I didn't know how to fly or had mapped keys I was rotating in same spot rather than going anywhere...

5. Thx ;) If I'm ever generally stuck in space I'll ask on your website chat - I've seen that before and it's a nice feature.

I admit I've never set a waypoint in space so I'll think of that next time, although usually I'm able to stop the craft spinning just by using the mouse on it's own...

6. I don't understand it either, as it doesn't always happen. I know which planet is where and so usually just point the craft in that direction with the mouse, but on this occasion it just wouldn't stop spinning - I couldn't get it to go forwards other than for a few brief split-seconds but then it just started spinning again...

7. I've not mapped the keyboard for flying in space at all, never occurred to me to do it, so when you mention 'rotating in the same spot...' before you mapped the keyboard, this makes me think that I maybe I should.

8. You need more practice in space. Quad wing working good. probably you have to configure controls by your needs.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. In the four months or so since starting this thread, I've used the quad wing in space a fair number of times and haven't again had the endless spinning issue, so what happened back then must have been a server glitch or something.

10. That is just one glitch I guess their is many more out their.

11. There are many more glitches out there, I've never known there not to be. One day EU will be glitch free :rolleyes (2):

12. EwoK

EwoK Southern Fortress Engineering

:eek (2): Blasphemy!

:giggle:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Miracles can happen ... :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.