What do you Play?

Discussion in 'Other games and gaming' started by Mikah, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Other than EU, what do you play? I'm an FPS kinda person (FarCry 2, playing Bioshock atm, etc) and enjoy mmo's when wanting a more laidback social atmosphere. Though I'm looking for a sci fi mmo that encompasses both fps and mmorpg facets (is that too much to ask for?) I've been wandering from mmos like Aion, Fallen Earth, Afterworld, Second Life, heck even EQ2. Nothing has yet really captured the essence as the beginning of my newbie life in pe, since it was my *first* mmo.

What about you guys? :beerchug:

(I know this is under the rce games section, sorry if it is in the wrong place or not appropriate, didn't know where else to post it)

2. safara

safara Pamwe Chete

Hi Mikah :nana:

I am spending a fair bit of time in Eve at the mo.

3. Hi, since my loots realy sucks in EU Iam stucked in Perfect World International, they call it historical MMO, well it uses some Ancient CHina stuff, but primary its sumtin like wow, but a bit harder. Iwas lookin for some sci-fi MMO too, but at all Ive noticed mmorpg is enuf, and especialy this is good one. Try take a look... :)

4. Chopper

Chopper Sanctuary

I've been working on fallout 3. I'm pretty happy with the storyline, the graphics, and the quests.
    I finished Crysis about 2 months ago, that was some phenomenal graphics there!

5. Yirrk

Yirrk Who Speaks for the Earth?

Eve Online here. #1 in my book :) Brilliant game, unparallelled depth of play.

Also Age of Conan. Might be some bad word about AoC on the street but it's mostly leftovers from when the game first came out with lots of bugs. It's had some time to mature though and it's actually quite fun - despite my preference for SciFi MMOs! No elves or other goofy stuff like in WoW or LotR, cant stand that stuff.

There's so many amazing MMOs out there these days (and more coming) that make EU look as lame as a five-legged centipede, I often seriously wonder why I even bother hanging around. :umn:

6. PieRat

PieRat Arrrrrgh!

In the MMO arena besides EU I play LoTRO (Mainly because I am a fan of Tolkien more than it being a game full of elves). Have plenty others installed and accounts for free games like Sword of the New World, etc. They really do not hold much interest for me.

For stand alone single player games I am all over the place there as well. From Civilizations 4 to Left4Dead, and so forth.

7. @ Yirrk I'm waiting for this game to come out, Global Agenda, your "No Elves" reminded me of one of their vids ^_^.

Funny you guys mention EVE, I tried it, it has an amazing level of depth, what really deters me is the No Avatars deal, I'd like to be able to get off a ship and walk around in any given planet. So far I heard rumors of avatars being implemented but will only be available in the trading cities?​

Anywho, I wanted to give EU a second try but I just can't justify depositing in it's current state. ​

8. PieRat

PieRat Arrrrrgh!

LOL!

I will have to check it out. Funny video indeed! :D

9. ALEXANDER

ALEXANDER The Renegate

you will be able to do that in the near future :)

10. Chopper

Chopper Sanctuary

That's a great vid! :p I'll be looking for this one for sure!

11. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

They said that for some years now .. didn't they? ;)

That Global Agenda looks neat, but unfortunately I don't feel like having any room left for more games atm.

Next to EU I play AW a lot (Afterworld). I also have a LOTRO (Lord Of The Rings Online) account. And that is quite fun running around like little hobbits and dwarfs - but it's a little too cute for me ;) When delivering the 20th pie to some woman in a town, I had too much ... BUT you can cook :D

I have played EvE but I hate the warping and I'm too noobish not to be shot down by all the pirates all the time .. I hate the dieing tbh .. I've also been waiting for the avatars for quite some time now! Tried the game out some months ago (again) but I don't really get catched to it.

I also played a little Jade Dynasty (the same guys who made Perfect World) but I must admit the game is a little too easy and spending hours meditating around in the cities .. is just not me ... :alcohol:
    Other than that I have tried out a lot of other online games - but I keep coming back to EU and AW and I guess this (including LOTRO which I have if I wish to relax a little with some fantasy) is what I feel is more 'me'. And now with the two new forums (EP (this) and AWF (AfterWorldForum) ) my guess is I have no time left over for new adventures :sad:

12. Chopper

Chopper Sanctuary

Left4Dead was great, but a little too short IMO.. That game did give me some pretty weird dreams every night after I played :dunno: I think it was the creepy music.

13. Norbert

Norbert Cartoon Head

I've been playing battlefield heroes and prototype quite a lot recently. BH is a lot of fun for a free game, and very light hearted. :clap:

14. Stave

Stave Guest

I Think im going to be playing Stargate Worlds when its released/my appplication for beta gets accepted XD cant wait :P

15. Funnily enough I also playing through Bioshock at the moment.

Progress in there is hindered by two other games...
    After Gothic 3 finally is patched so much that it is playable I play this a lot.
    Also I recently discovered Mount&Blade (old game) which is a very unique mixture between RPG, Strategy and medieval combat action (FPS like) and on top of that its the only game ever I know of that enables mounted combat (on horseback) in a really good way.

But besides EU I don't play other MMOs... I tried out so many but EU is really offering all I want from a MMO.

For quick action with others I use Counterstrike Source and rarely Team Fortress 2 or Left 4 Dead.

16. Okay I have a behavioral question for ya, do you harvest or save the little sisters?

Like my friend says, EvE feels like an excel spreadsheet. Anywho, I know there is a high probability of Star Trek lovers in here, they are accepting applications for closed beta for their mmo http://www.startrekonline.com/

Oh, if anyone wants to apply for Global Agenda I have a code that will give you better odds at getting in, just shoot me a pm :).

17. save - always

18. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

Did play a little Anarchy Online for a while, but not for to long. Tried Blue Mars, but that is boring if you ask me. Also looked around in Second life, but that is as boring as BM.

For non online games I did play a lot of Command & Conquer (started with Dune2 actually) and also loved the Need for Speed series. I now have Red Faction Guerrilla installed on my PC, but that is getting boring already, some how I miss the interaction with real people.

19. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

Ah yes, sniffed a little to Anarchy online too - and also tried one day in second life (the worse crap ever - sorry if that offends some people :disgust: )

I didn't know Dune was an online game though ? Is it a multiplayer game? I used to play all the Tombraider games and Doom ... and boulderslash .. but that was on the COM64 :D

20. hehe did U noticed Blue Mars is beta? one day it will be Second Life on cryengine2 :) Ive found it not long ago, and must say its empty and far from finish, but looks way better than EU right now, even its on same platform :) IMHO this game have great potential in it, ofc if it will keep this way :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.