Warning - Don't bother making or entering any events

Discussion in 'Technical, security and bug reports' started by Oleg, Feb 21, 2010.

1. 21/2/10 - Atrox Valley Sunday event doesn't happen to due to server crashing. No-one can enter the LA or TP in the area, the event list won't load, and everyone has lost their money (c. 800 PEDs total for promoter and participants). Hours spent on promotional time wasted.

20/2/10 - CND events ruined due to server crashing, similar situation to above.

Feb 2010 - Sol's PvP event at Billy's fails due to bugged rings. No prizes are awarded and support refuse to refund promoter or participants because they won't acknowledge that there was an error.

14/1/10 - Atrox Valley Sunday event removed from the event list by MA for no apparent reason. Eventually reinstated a day before the event occurs. 3 days promotion time lost as a result, and many hours wasted trying to get the situation. No PEDs refunded.

9/1/10 - Billy's event fails due to bugged rings. Entry fee and prizes lost.

19/12/09 - Billy's Brawl event fails due to mid-event server crash. Prizes not awarded, all entry fees and promoter costs lost. Bugged event remains in event list for several weeks. Prizes eventually awarded after 7 weeks and 8 e-mails to support.

These are just the ones I know about within the last 2 months.

MA can stick their event system up their fat lazy arse. This is an absolute disgrace. I won't be making or entering any events until they can provide a stable system and hire some employees with a brain.

I have lost money and wasted time on promoting events that have not taken place due to bugs and the incompetence of the developers. I've wasted even more time trying to get back the money that MA have stolen from us due to this.

I strongly suggest you don't make or join any events either.

Fuck you MA.

2. Also the CP events this Saturday. I can understand your frustration :(

3. Don't hold back, Oleg. Tell us how you really feel? :coffee:

4. LOL John. I think he just did, where a fuck you MA should suffice :) Back in the day whilst alone mining the domes i used the same words repeatedly in chat repetitivelly and directed at MA. guess I was right about them all along. The game itself is nice but the devellopers suck big time, old news eh :)

The game is very addictive and they know it, they count on this and abuse their clients. Otherwise why are you all still activelly playing and giving em your hard earned moneys? They are vain, arrogant and look down upon you all, as to crap on your heads.

5. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

wow that sucks :( I always found they should fix their stuff before spending time (and money) on new features. It's just old crap in new boxes!!

6. Chopper

Chopper Sanctuary

That sucks big time..thanks for info.

It's nice to have a forum where you don't get kneecapped for getting pissed off at MA ;)

7. Lykke TheNun

It's only because I'm not very tall ... I might not be able to reach :nana:

8. Atlan Leticron

Atlan Leticron Postmoderna pixel pusher

You mean that you are so small that you cant reach up to his knee's???

:D

Regards.
    Ion

9. While I did have to the modding thing on his thread on EF, I really do feel sorry for Oleg and totally understand his frustration. With so many cataloged issues occurring in the event system, a dedicated event maker has the right to feel very annoyed and upset.

MA/FPC claim their desire is to offer business opportunities as well as fun, however the major qty of problems can make those who work hard and invest heavily feeling, how shall I put it? Pissed off.

10. I woulda said "Pissed on", but otherwise I agree with you, JC.

11. Event system not working, people losing money: BAD

MA not taking the system offline ASAP to prevent their faulty shit from causing more damage: WORSE

That the come up once again with something they did not properly test before they let the players risk their cash: WORST

I guess if they don't act within the next 2 or 3 days (well, actually it is overdue already), the event system will be completely dead soon - even if they fix it, people will hesitate to use it for a very long time.

No matter how hard i try, i don't understand why MA acts again like a bunch of incompetent losers - once again it looks like they simply do not want us to spend money in EU...

:nutkick:

12. Lykke TheNun

they DID announce, that they know of the issues afterwards (prob from reading EP :D ) - but I agree! They should definitely take the system offline while they work on it!! Without a doubt!

13. Lavawalker

Lavawalker RETIRED

Agreed ...

LOL Lykke :D

14. Were any refunds given for lost PED?

15. Not yet. I have an ongoing support case.

Fortunately the server problems seem to have lessened now but I want to see some adequate compensation before I consider this problem resolved.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.