Virtuverse

Discussion in 'Other games and gaming' started by BruuD, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

2. It's like a clone of EU

3. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

it's even Swedish. One has to wonder...

4. Didn't know it was Swedish, but Virtuverse AB says you're right. The only main difference I see is that there's some degree of customisation for estates which I suppose is good, but it seems you have to buy a colonization certificate for $8 a month which isn't a lot, but there's also founder packs for $15, $30 and $800.

5. Right, so today I created an account with virtuverse.io and then downloaded and installed it all, then went through the AV creation process, etc, but the AV I ended up with had little resemblance to what was suggested and I couldn't access planet Stig - option was greyed-out. So after everything, I couldn't actually play. It could be that in fact you do have to buy either a colonization cert at $8 a month, or a founder pack, but then it's not free to play. Also support is only available via their discord channel, there's no forum or support page via their home page.

6. So what does anyone here think. I realise this flies-in-the face of what the thread-starter says, but this is what I experienced trying to install and play the game. If they're trying to be serious competition to EU, they've got some way to go imho.

7. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I doubt there's much going on with the version you looked at. IIRC previously they did short access trails to test specific newly created stuff but I think they were only ever short, like weekend stuff. I've never tried it myself since indeed they like to coordinate everything (including software distro last I looked) through discord. They are super into it and hang out there and talk to all the testers and are very open or at least were. No idea if the enthusiasm has continued. I suspect right now they might have something left but not being developed any more while they jump ship to the newer engine. I doubt they'll be play testing again any time soon.

Could be interesting to see who gets to alpha test first on UE5... them or MA.

8. Whichever version it is, they give the distinct impression that you can download and play the game. If this is not the case then they should be honest about it instead of inviting ppl to go through the download and install process that takes well over an hour.

9. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

yeh that does sound really annoying/sucky. Sorry you had to go through that. I'd have been pretty irritated by that too...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Yeah it was pretty annoying, especially as the game seems to be fairly good going by the vids on their home page, and the AV or character creation stage is a bit buggy. What I ended up with is difficult to describe, sort of a half M and half F face with distorted arms and legs.

11. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

distorted avatars Reminds me of one of the entropia updates. Will see if I can find a pic of what I mean later. Certainly one of the more impressive bugs of the past

12. Yeah post a pic up, should be good for a laugh ha ha! ;) If memory serves, I think there's been at least one mini update, if not full VU, since I started playing and I've not had any rendering issues at all with EU, so I think the virtuverse character creator is the culprit.

13. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

wow.png

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Beware the 'Horned Fiddler' rarely seen in Entropia ha, ha! :biggrin:

15. It was just a joke. Your AV is sprouting horns and sort of looks like it's playing a fiddle.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.