1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virtual Reality and AI - next challenge for a retiree

Discussion in 'Life, the Universe and Everything' started by Jamira, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

YEAH! Message from SimLab's support:
    "Developers are working on this, it will be included in the next update SimLab Composer 9.2"

• Like Like x 1
    • Gratz Gratz x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

And Autodesk finally got it sorted:
    https://area.autodesk.com/life-in-3d/neoscape-3d-to-vr/
    Well, would be very expensive to buy a license again and propably a better computer and a better VR-headset. But meanwhile I think it could be worth it.

I will ask them for a reduced retiree license ... ;-)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
  3. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I'm using Fusion 360 which is free for hobbyists. I wonder if their other products might have similar licences.

4. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

I asked the guy for an ETA. He replied that there is no ETA yet. But it's okay. I can wait.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Parallel to the house of my childhood I took tons of screenshots of Castle Black (Game Of Thrones). This will become a real challenge!
    The original set is very small:
    upload_2019-4-10_1-54-48.
    To make a 3D VR model requires to expand it a bit. Especially the gate to the tunnel through the wall is at the wrong place. It is at the west side, not north where the elevator is. No clue yet how to bring this into VR.
    There is one single scene that suggests that Castle Black is bigger than expected:
    upload_2019-4-10_1-31-53.
    At the left (north) is the elevator at the wall. Right is the corner where the gate to the tunnel should be. At this picture we see more buildings behind that. So lets say there is a second courtyard and there is the entrance to the tunnel.

All this is enough to tell and show the story. But it's partly a fake. To get the real experiance in VR it's necessary to build a functional model. Two big question: Where are the horse stables and where is Maester Aemon's library?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

This is sorta relevant but a friend of mine always complains that film companies make such amazing CG models or sets, and these never see the light of day besides the film. His argument is that you could make a VR world for people to visit following a film.

OK reality is that this would require work that no one wants to do but it would be cool. Take Hunt the Thing for example. That was cool

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Another theme is TESO. I live at Velyn Harbour.
    upload_2019-4-15_3-3-52.
    upload_2019-4-15_4-20-26.
    That's because crafting is pretty easy there. Short distances.
    I run three crafters meanwhile to earn some money to buy a house. Two of them in Vulkhel Guard. Vulkel Guard is stress. But Velyn Harbour is good. This spot would be cool in VR!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019 at 03:25