Planet Cyrene: unable to visit cyrene forum

Discussion in 'Planet Cyrene' started by GeorgeSkywalker, Jul 7, 2012.

1. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

cyreneforum.jpg

I get the above message when trying to visit cyreneforum.

My virus program gave a few malware messages before when I was browsing cyreneforum. Now it's just blocking it completely.

Is cyreneforum infected?

2. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

I was getting the same thing last night and this morning when I came to the forum (see pics below), but I spoke with Peter on Skype earlier today and he said that it had been sorted out, so if you're still getting that, then it seems that further investigation needs to be done.

I was also chatting with Lykke, and she mentioned the following to me:

"Peter found that a file was uploaded, though not possible to see from where - and removed that. But a few threads give warning, including one of yours. This doesn't have to mean there is something major. It could be a picture (gif, jpg, png) found on a pge on the internet which can referr to a site, even if the link is not directly on the site. It should be gone now though."​

She wasn't able at the time to let me know what thread of mine had been in question, but would check. I've done a complete scan on my computer, and nothing was detected, so it's not from me. I also haven't been to any of my threads today, and won't until Peter or Lykke come back and give an update.​
    Just as an FYI, I use Google Chrome exclusively, so not sure what other browser alerts have come up. Google Chrome gave me the data on the first two pics, and then once I got to the forum, my anti-virus gave me the notice in a bar across the top of the forum.​
    WarningAtCyreneForum-070712.jpg
    DiagnosticPageAboutWarning-070712.jpg
    CyreneForumMcAfeeWarning-070712.jpg

It probably won't be until morning before we hear anything back from Peter or Lykke on this situation, but hopefully it was sorted. If anyone else is still getting these alerts, please post a screen shot so that Peter and Lykke have the details.

For me, it's not happening any more.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  3. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

just tried it and I do get the message from google as well.

malicious.jpg

Just to be sure, DO NOT GO TO THE WEBSITE IN THE SCREENSHOT !!!!

4. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

The problem may still be there because i was getting them today. When I posted this thread that's when cyrene forum became blocked for me by anti-virus software. Probably not a good idea for me to over ride security until there is definate confirmation it's fixed.

5. MindStar9

Just sent a text to Peter and Lykke in case one of them is still awake.

And I agree with RAZER. :wise:

6. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

As stated, the cause of the issue has been removed, and I took reported the site as clean to Google again.

This has resulted in the site being re-evaluated succesfully as clean, but the updates to this are not instant:

At this time, there unfortunately is not much more I can do. It is up to Google to remove the warning.

7. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

We went for a dinner party tonight and almost just came home - but before that Peter dealt with the situation and issue, and there's not much more we can do at this point.

8. Lykke TheNun

MindStar, you forgot to quote this from the conversation too:
    And this:

9. narfi

narfi Lost

Im getting the same message as George has screenshot in the first post, guess ill just wait till its cleared up.

narfi

10. MindStar9

Oh, sorry about that, I guess I didn't scroll back far enough. :doh:

11. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

It should be cleared up :) You should be alright to just click on "ignore the warning".

12. Sorry, it's not..I've been getting it for the last couple of days every page I try to access...also if I press ignore, I get a jquery error.

Warning: Something's Not Right Here!
    cyreneforum.com contains malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
    Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.
    We have already notified cyreneforum.com that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on cyreneforum.com, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page.

13. Lykke TheNun

Thing is, it was solved today - some hours ago - as soon as we were aware of the issue. And from that time it will take some time before the warning is removed.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  14. Just my 2 pec's here I run IE9 on Windows Vista and (IE10) on windows 8 on seperate HD I have had NO problems with cyreneforum.com on either and I go to it daily :)

15. Well, .... :giggle:

But thanks Lykke for the update and all. It's great to see that so many are viewing the site isn't it!! :clap:

16. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

That's because IE doesn't always pick up errors. We know for a fact there were some issues with cyreneforum before but now it's probably fixed.

I would suggest you run a throrough virus check on both your hard drives. The likelyhood of either or both being compromised is high.

17. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

It was picked up on Safari as well :wink:

18. MindStar9

Just an FYI ... my Google Chrome is still showing the alert screen! :headscratch:

19. Lykke TheNun

The warning might still be there, even though there is nothing on the site. It takes some time for Google to remove it - as Peter said.

As the note says, Google tested the site and it showed hurtful material might be on the forum 4 times the last 90 days. Last time was 2 days ago though - and they have not found anything since. As the message also states; they did NOT find any malware on Cyreneforum.com or any hurtful files the last 90 days. The reason why it can have been detected as a 'dangerous' site can be because a third part have created a link somewhere on the site which can cause this warning.

Whenever we see spammers on the forum they get deleted. And I have been looking through all new members profiles too to remove eventual spamming links.

There should be nothing to worry about.

Thank you

20. Why not change the signup/login page to something "not standard" so the bots wont know how to signup/login?... This is the issue with these "standard website" systems... they are infested with bots... :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.