The avatar statues that got auctioned in 2016...actually never arrived. Next Scam by MindArk ? x'D

Discussion in 'The Black Hole' started by McCormick, Mar 22, 2018.

1. I thought I could rest some after the latest crypto-scam of swedish MMO veteran MindArk.
    But noOoooOo, someone directed me towards this mess now. x'D

Those statues got auctioned in 2016 (damn, time flies) and John B Knight and others are desperately waiting for their statues since more then 1 year now. *lol* -_-

Considering only 3 statues got sold, I do understand why MindArk thought it would be okay to "do nothing". ,-)

Community angry. MA made 1500$. Case closed ?

Anyway, just read. Beyond epic, once again. x'D

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?290413-Avatar-Statue-Auctions

http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/f...ar-Statue-deed-sales-mindark-sales-in-general

FUMA, just FUMA !

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Statues are there but can’t see them due to invisibility bug in those locations.

• Hussked Hussked x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Ah, so 2 out of 3 recieved their statues, but you cant SEE them anyway ? x'D
    Or did I miss the sarcasm ? :p

And only John B Knight is desperately awating it ?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. San

San

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I think it was rather funny sarcasm. "oh yes we did do it... but we crafted them using the invisible armour and that's why you can't see them ;)".

So this is interesting though. I thought they maybe were not there because no one actually bought them. To have people having actually bought them and got nothing for a year is just fucking shit if you don't mind me saying so.

I'm actually a bit more annoyed about this because I'd actually considered buying one. But the price was too high for a virtual tombstone in my mind.

It's even shitter because this literally should require almost NO work from MA at all. They just load up the avatar model wearing whatever the owner has specified, and capture a pose then place the saved model on the podium. Job's a good'un.

There is even a good chance that if they did it, other people would see the statues and want their own. So they could make more money.

Seriously, it's a frikin' win win situation for them! Why the hell haven't they done it?!

6. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Ah, the statues...

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    • Hussked Hussked x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

[​IMG]

8. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

[​IMG]

9. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

[​IMG]

I'm sorry... I can't stop finding them...

10. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

[​IMG]

• Hussked Hussked x 1
  11. You forget the Ark landplots.. also 1 year ago and still not delivered, while they are coding a full scale moon.

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. Just re-reading The Black Swan (Taleb) and came across this where he writes about scalable variables and how they can impact upon project planning:

“Let’s say a project is expected to terminate in 79 days...on the 79th day, if the project is not finished, it will be expected to take another 25 days to complete.”

“But on the 90th day, if the project is still not completed, it should have about 58 days to go.

( he goes on)

Not complete by 100th day.. 89 days to go.

Etc

By day 600 if the project is not done you will be expected to need an extra 1,590 days.

“...the longer you wait, the longer you will be expected to wait”.

Kind of intuitive and ties in with delays with MindArk’s projects.

No excuse though for their lack of communications.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

That sounds a lot like where I work... (although there have never been any reaslistic estimates on how long anything is meant to take... I mean like any understanding of what needs to be done)

14. The threads on the other ofrum turned silent in may. I guess no statues then ? Anyone ?

15. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

[​IMG]

16. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

:'(

17. just a little update... 1 year and 8 months after the sale...still not delieverd, support case closed ! x'D
    What an attention whore this guy is... ;D

statues scam 2.jpg

18. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Fucking hell! There is NO excuse for this.

19. *bump* still no statues

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.