Planet Calypso News: Shock Horror: The CDF are Actually Defending Us?!

Discussion in 'Planet Calypso' started by EP-Newsbot, Mar 16, 2016.

1. The CDF have relocated Fort Medusa!

The outpost - previously a plain military backwater - has since been upgraded to a top-of-the-range compound complete with defensive technology and thick, strong battlements. In addition, the fort has been moved to an easily defensible location.

There are even rumours that Fort Pandora is to be similarly upgraded!

Could it be that the CDF - who normally move slower than the shifting of tectonic plates - have actually been pro-active?

It seems increasing robot aggression and intelligence have finally forced a reaction from the doddery CDF. The metal menace has brought the fight to the cities: disabling revive terminals and defences in a ceaseless campaign of occupation. Our resources are being eaten away by their excavations. We are slowly being hemmed in.

The CDF reaction is cheering, but you have to wonder: will they actually use the fort to defend us? The fight has moved away from outposts and into populated areas, but where are the CDF?

Still at distant outposts ‘containing the situation’.

We know it will probably be up to the average Calypsian to defend Calypso. The only thing colonists can trust are the weapons in their inventories.

So keep your guns oiled and your blades sharpened, colonists.

It looks like you’re going to need them soon enough.

Source

2. Clothes redesigned for the 42th time, towns redesigned for the 153th time, game icons redesigned for the 17th time,
    ..... in other words, stuff NOBODY CARES !!!!!!!

Hey mindark, when do you plan to fix YOUR PERSISTING BUGS since years ????
    Please call the support department blablabla.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

This questions why the CDF built the fort in a less easily defensible position, rather than doing it right the first time... Is there more going on than the CDF would like for us to know? Was there someone active in the upper echelons of the CDF who secretly was plotting with the robots?

And seeing usually the CDF releases news articles, who is this new person reporting?

4. The question is, does it really make sense to re-re-re-re-re-re-re-decorate towns so often ?
    After CryEngine most towns ended up beeing jsut one single container...not mentionin the Tron Tanks of old Port Atlantis.

MA employee :
    "Look boss, I bought some 3d models from turbosquid and added them to this teleporter...and most important, I moved the TP elsewhere...aint that awesome ?" :D

Boss:
    "I SEE. *walks by*

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Exactly what i was thinking, check the models types & textures, looks like what we see on all download websites...

6. My ALT-TAB is no longer working. Screen flickers, changes focus to Firefox, but I stay ingame. So is Alt-Return.

Next screenshot says more then a thousand words.

flat design.jpg

I think they re-re-re-re-design menus all so often, because all creative people got fired and this re-designs shall lead to believe they are steadily working on the game. THey arent able to do anythign else anymore. I bet they had their problems with the "invisible armor". ;D

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  7. Sadly, you're probably not far off....

8. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Not to be too direct (but likely failing), I've been hearing this "fix the bugs" rhetoric for years now but no one ever actually states a single bug they want fixing. OK I appreciate that can be time consuming and it isn't our job to list the bugs in someone else's product... but we know for sure MA don't fix anything they don't know about but there is a chance at least that (some years) down the line they will fix something that was reported years ago.

Out of interest, what have they done to the textures on clothes (I mean aside from accidentally making a lot of them invisible) I didn't see any difference (admittedly most of mine are invisible so I can't tell anyway!).

What have they done to redesign the towns?

The UI has always been a piecemeal mish mash of different styles and probably always will be. I expect the redesign of the mission tracking interface has something to do with the changes to the mission system (that only the PP's can see).

Is Magnus still the release manager? (He was at the time the Entropian was written - which was a long time ago)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.