Sent Items disappearing?

Discussion in 'About EntropiaPlanets' started by Dalas, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Dalas

Dalas ANF Master & "Death Limited" Healer

Hey guys.

As the ANF master, I send a lot of PMs to newbies and society leaders alike. Many of these PMs are contracts and it's pretty important that I can see to whom I have sent contracts.

My problem is that sometimes (a lot of the time) stuff I send is not recorded in my Sent Items folder. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't. I haven't determined any common factor yet which may make this happen or not (come to think of it, it may be something to do with the popup PM window), but I just wondered if anyone else had this problem or had fixed it?

Before you bust out the blatantly obvious, I have ticked the "Save a copy of this message in your Sent Items folder." box, so it's nothing to do with that.

Am I just showing my true Forum-noob colours?

Any help would be great!

Thanks guys :afro:

2. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

That is disturbing :headscratch:

I have sent LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of pm's out in the past year and I have to say, I never had any pm's missing ...

Anyone else? Peter??

3. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Dalas,

Did you by any chance use the pop-up window to send PMs? As in you did not go into your mailbox, but clicked on a username, and thus sent the PM? I noticed the same earlier today when I mailed a bunch of people, and did not find the message in my sent box.

I checked in the database and ran a quick query to verify it did not go missing, and I did get the PM in question returned, so nothing is lost, and the PM was in fact sent. I'll mail the guy who made the mod and see what can be done about this. in the meantime, if you want to make sure you can find your PM later, I suggest you use the approach of going to your User CP -> Inbox -> Send messages.

4. Dalas

Dalas ANF Master & "Death Limited" Healer

Oh nice. That was a quick reply :D

As I edited in my original post, that was my suspicion. Thanks for the clarification and of course I will use the User CP now.

I have also had the PMs I sent via the popup window replied to so it wasn't a problem, but in terms of keeping track of which contracts I've already sent and which need to be sent still, it's important :)

I think this can be useful info for everyone here to use actually, just incase you want to post it somewhere Peter.

Cheers and good luck with the mod-man! :afro:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.