Seeking Crafting Advice.

Discussion in 'Professions and Skills' started by Shim, Mar 4, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Hey all,

I am interested in getting into crafting more then just components. I want to ultimately craft attachments, and tools. My question is should i get level one BP's for these or is there value in crafting components to raise skills first? Ive been crafting Basic filters as everyone says thats where all start but its boring and mostly a waste of money. Ill continue doing it if in the long run it will help me with my goal of being a tool/attachment crafter.

I bought a OA-101 Light BP and tried a few clicks with minimum success even though its a level 1 BP. I know im not ready for this as i have minimal skills in construction. Any advice here would be great!!
    :search:

• Like Like x 9
  2. Kets

Kets Cranky Old EuC Reporter

I started out by buying blueprints from the techincians for a Jester D1 and a Mann pistol. I had acquired a good amount of Laser Technology skills through hunting so this has allowed me to successfully build some of these. Also, I've done some talioring, basic shirts and the like with generic animal hide, wool cloth and molisk buttons. All of the materials I had acquired myslef and refined myself as well. It is an investment in tools but as a result my blueprint interpretation, ( or something like that ), my tailoring and other crafting related skills have been improved. I haven't globaled or Hof-ed or antyhing, but I keep trying.

I know this may not qualify as advice, per se, but I am in a good mood today and thought that I would throw in my two cents.

:twocents:

• Like Like x 9
  3. Bunny

Bunny Vampire Bunny Inc.

Crafting is like tailoring, very slooooooow. The idea behind the skilling is to ultimately unlock blue print comprehension. Crafting can be very very expensive when you leave the component stage. If you are still doing basic filters then try the level 3 damper if you have the bp. Same idea but return is a bit better.

• Like Like x 11
  4. Although it's unquestionably boring, crafting with the basic components and other lvl 1 bp's will not only give you the minimum skills to start getting a better success rate, but it will also award you a bunch of other BP's as you go along, saving the need to buy them.

It's worth looking at how all the skills effect various types of items, then craft into a specific area to head for what you what you eventually want to make.

• Like Like x 11
  5. Ive done some other things then filters. Ive actually globaled 180+ on sensors. I think ill continue grinding components for a while longer. Unfortunately i dont have dampers but ill pick that up. Ive leveld my QR of my filters BP to 51, sensor and servo to 23 QR, and some various others to not even 10. Crafting is something i want to slowly get into as i am just now starting to become a break even player with mining and hunting. So what should be my next step? Eventually ill list my skills.

• Like Like x 12
  6. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

Shim, you probably already know, but just in case, the metal and energy residue that you get from crafting components etc, is worth collecting and adding to the materials when crafting (L) items such as oreamps. I think it basically uses the residue to boost your crafted result, so 20 peds of residue might add 20 peds to the TT of the crafted item. Very helpful when trying to craft (L) items at full TT.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2008
    • Like Like x 10
  7. Ahhh here is a question i was wanting answered. I know that the residue added value to the Item crafted. My question is if say i have 10k residue in the craft window and i craft say a OA101Light (TT value 50 PED) will all 10k be used or only what is needed? say the craft was 15 ped TT without residue so 3500 residue would be used or would all be used?

• Like Like x 8
  8. Phoenix

Phoenix Esquire

Very helpful thread Shim. Well done! Even though I do not craft, I always had these kind of questions. Now I got them answered. Thank you very much! :)

• Like Like x 8
  9. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

Only the amount needed should be used, the remainer will stay in the crafting window. Also if you loot additional residue, it will auto-add into the crafting window until all the residue is used up. Then if you loot more residue it appears in your inventory.

• Like Like x 8
  10. Awesome i was always scared about that one.

• Like Like x 8
  11. I agree with Kets; very helpful thread! I've recently started to do some crafting and also had some questions that I've been wondering about. But now those questions are gone :search: :D

So thanks for starting this thread Shim and thanks to everybody who took time to explain :ok:

• Like Like x 9
  12. ive bin told that starting with sheetmetal instead of filter's is a good idea because the metal is actualy used in other bp's ware the filter's are just tt food and not used on other bp's... but this is hear-say to me

• Like Like x 7
  13. Burgerman

Burgerman Cleaner

Good advice. :ok:

Cool new avatar picture TrinityFox. :D

• Like Like x 6
  14. Yeah I started with those filters, and they booore me so bad by now! :rolleyes: So tips of what to craft next is very useful.

Thx Burger! Was a bit bored yesterday since I have catched a mean and stubborn cold, so I thought I'd take some time and make this ava :D

• Like Like x 5
  15. I also started with components. But then I quit because it was too boring.
    The last weeks I started over with crafting again. But I used a Jester-D1 for laser skills. I pushed the BP up to 60 Quality rating now. This still means no benefit at all, but I loot nice BPs from time to time, especially L weapons, I do not have the skill to craft those, but I keep them. And if I'm short of ped I can sell them, some have a markup of 9000%. as a side effect, from the weapons book1 the first 3 levels are nearly filled with BPs. But I stay at the jester-D1, cheap to craft and the more skills the better outcome. I do not know when is the time to switch to another BP, but I think I will ask my feelings.
    Additional I started crafting MAddox1 to get skills for BLP, not so cheap to craft, because raw materials are more expensive.
    As a last point I crafted some settler shins, not only to get skills but to get BPs and, look oh look, I got some nice L BPs as well.

As conclusion I might say as the others, Crafting is expensive, especially at the beginning. But by crafting the Jester D1 I got some globals and HoFs, although I still did not post...
    Roughly said before crafting I deposit 100 EUR, and I spend at minimum 4000PED in the last weeks. So there was benefit from time to time, especially when I globaled or HoFed.
    A last advice perhaps, do not craft 10 pieces or so, I only craft if I have to funds to do at least 100 or 200 clicks on the button.

• Like Like x 7
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.