Planet Calypso News: Robots in Port Atlantis – Stress Test Event

Discussion in 'Planet Calypso' started by EP-Newsbot, Sep 13, 2016.

1. During 2014 and 2015 Planet Calypso hosted a number of stress test events to pinpoint bottlenecks in the Entropia Universe systems. The findings in these stress tests have helped the developers make the Entropia Universe platform both more stable and much faster. Now in 2016 it's time for a new round of tests.

On Wednesday September 14, 2016 waves of Robots will be lured to attack Port Atlantis in force.

We ask all colonists to help defend the city while the developers and engineers closely watch what goes on inside the servers. Their findings will later be used to see how the Entropia Universe platform can be improved further for an even better game experience.

The Robot Attacks will commence at three different times to ensure that Entropians in all time zones can take part in the event. The schedule is as follows:

• Wave 1: Wednesday September 14, 2016 11.00 - 13.00 UTC
    • Wave 2: Wednesday September 14, 2016 16.00 - 18.00 UTC
    • Wave 3: Wednesday September 14, 2016 21.00 - 23.00 UTC

We hope that as many Entropians as possible can join in this Robot smashing event!

For details about UTC time please see www.entropiauniverse.com/utc

Source

2. Events got renamed to stress tests now. Very creative.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

I seem to remember they have the power to make these things free (reduced ammo/decay at least) too... but they don't. If they did, and there was a chance to loot still, they would get a REAL stress test event because people would bother to go.

Don't get me wrong, it is good they are trying but I feel they could try better. Another consideration would be writing something to simulate players like Dual Universe have been doing. While I appreciate there are benefits to real players being involved there are also benefits to bots as you have logs of both sides of the equations as it were, that can help with playback and diagnostics.

If they don't have any software for this. I think there are quite a few players in the community who could lend them their bot scripts ;)

4. As long as the hardcore depositors are happy with such "news", it will never change.

Never change a running system... x'D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Will never forget the 'stress tests' from back a few years earlier when bots invaded half of the cities on the planet, and you could get freebie dodge skills just by reviving since they swarmed the revives... Of course the free skill gaines stopped after a while and you had to log out and log back in, but it was fun while it lasted... really hard on the ol graphics card though.

6. Sionkiewicz

Sionkiewicz One of those Americans

From what I heard, PA was packed last night during the stress test.. :shoot:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.