1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Real name account issue

Discussion in 'Guides and help' started by Liam, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Hi everyone, I'm a former Project Entropia / Entropia Universe player, I used to be really active in the french community and on EF. I played from 2003 to 2011 and was in La Faction Beta society. I left all activities in Entropia around 2011 and have never played since then.

Anyway, If I'm posting here it's because I have a problem with Entropia Life, the website that is recording globals etc.
    They seem to be owned by MA but what I surely know is that they are the only website remaining with my real name linked to Entropia, according that my nickname in game was my firstname/nickname/lastname.
    I have been in touch with them for a long time and the last answer I received is the following

--
    Entropia Life : If having your real name displayed is a problem ask MA to change your avatarname, they will if it is you used your real name. Once that is done provide us with a copy of the case and we will change it aswell.
    --

Ok, problem is that Entropia Universe Support is not answering my emails. I sent two cases in june (with the "no account" option since I dont have an account for the last 6 years at least) and I havent even received a confirmation of reading my emails....

I guess I'm not the first one with this issue, could someone help me with this matter ?

Thanks

2. Howdy partner.

Back in 2005 changing (account)names was no problem at all...yet support always called it "major exception".

In todays Entropia, I havent heard for (accountname changes since a long time...at least not on public forums.

So it either still works...or they simply ignore you...like many other support cases.

3. Tass

Tass Administrator

That's easy.

What EntropiaLife does is simply illegal (and just a heads up, anyone providing data to EntropiaLife is committing illegal acts too).

Their answer to your request is illegal too.

Apart from the fact that their acquisition of your data was illegal already you can probably solve this refering to GDPR.

All you need to do is requesting your data refering to GDPR article 15 and demanding that all your data is deleted.

Example: "Please provide me all data you have about my activities in Entropia Universe in accordance with GDPR article 15. As the data controller you are obliged to provide me the details about processing of the data, such as
    • the purposes of the processing (Article 15(1)(a))
    • with whom exactly the data is shared (Article 15(1)(c))
    • the envisaged period for which the data will be stored (Article 15(1)(d))
    • how the data was acquired and any available information as to the source of the data (Article 15(1)(g)).
    • the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for me
    • a full copy of the data (Article 15(3)
    Please also delete all data you have about my activities in Entropia Universe."

You say you are in touch with them for a long time. That's weird too. This should actually be handled very swiftly. EntropiaLife isn't owned by MindArk, it's owned by the same people that now develop Next Island. So EntropiaLife is the only organisation you need to deal with.

And please let us know how this proceeds, it's a very interesting topic.

4. San

San

Government: "It's not illegal if we do it."

5. Thanks Tass for this very clear answer.

When I wrote I've been in touch with them for a long time it means : a few years after I left the game I saw my name remaining on Google via their website so I connected to Entropia Life and wrote a support case (in 2013 so 2 years after I left the game and Mindark deleted my account). I wrote a support case to ask to close/delete/remove my details and like maybe the next day I stopped caring about the website I never went back on it (I remember they had an option "hide my account" I thought that was enough to hide it from Google Analytic but that was only to hide it from Entropia Life users). It's only a few months ago that I discovered that nothing has been done.

I'll keep you updated about my case.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

THANKS! I was going to say something vaguely like this but you nailed it. I might use this as a template to base stuff off for some GDPR stuff I need to hit some companies with.

7. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

"What EntropiaLife does is simply illegal (and just a heads up, anyone providing data to EntropiaLife is committing illegal acts too)."

Do you mean generally? or in the case at hand (i.e. clearly one person's personally identifiable data [their name] is being shared both by EL and those who provide data to them)?