Question regarding remining locations

Discussion in 'Guides and help' started by Phenakist, Apr 2, 2013.

1. I am aware mining and intricate knowledge of mindark systems is pretty much bound to speculation, however the question is still somewhat relevant.

How long do you leave an area until you remine it? So to go to the exact same co-ordinates and mine a spot where you previously dropped a bomb. Just curious what numbers in minutes,hours,days,weeks you say.

2. Anything concerning how the looting system works, whether hunting, crafting, or mining, is very much down to speculation, so you're right there - but sticking with mining and the point you raise, if you return to an exact location where you've already found a resource, the chances of you finding another are zero if you go back to it within a few minutes or even hours. Same applies if you haven't found anything.
    A method used by many miners to increase the chances of finding something, is to go into 3rd-person view and drop mining probes in a zigzag fashion over say a 100x100 meter area. This way you can see where you've dropped the previous one, and so on. When one 'rectangular area' has been exhausted, you then move to another one.

If however, you wait for a number of days before returning to the same location, especially at areas where you've seen regular mining activity, then there is a good chance that you will find a resource whether or not you did the first time.

3. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

just remember that you will probably not get a claim if you mine the exact spot you got one earlier, the re-spawn is in the general location.

4. narfi

narfi Lost

a buddy and I once stood face to face with a stack of rookie finders and dropped on auto for 100 drops (i forget if it was 50 each or 100each)

Between the 2 of us, we got 1 claim.

On planet I try to wait 3-4 hours before mining the same location, on hell/foma 30 minutes is enough but Im not very hardcore, so even there usually an hour or more.

I have had no issues with hit rate/tt returns being affected doing this, so while it may be shorter timers, i very highly doubt its longer timers.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Since I posted this I have been testing this out. It does indeed reward mining the exact same co-ordinates after several hours of waiting, not days/weeks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. OK, fair enough - I was going by my own experience with mining; this is how I found it. It seems that not all participants experience EU the same...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.