PostModerna: The foundation for a good project is not a picnic blanket!

Discussion in 'PostModerna' started by EP-Newsbot, Mar 23, 2011.

1. When I started this project in the Fall of 2008, I was really excited about the potential. I loved games and at the time, I loved playing the Real Cash Economy of Entropia Universe. I knew NOTHING about game development. I am a sales guy! I merely saw the Mindark Partner Planet Program as a [...]

More...

2. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

Wait what??!! So is this still a go or is it now defunked? :scratch:

3. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

I'm fairly certain it's still going on. That, or he's writing documentation for the sake of writing it ;)

4. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

well you must admire his perseverance, it is pretty hard to make a game and much more so without any money, but the stuff we see from him are tarting to look very promising. And if some how this game will not launch in the future at least it was a hell of a learning experience I'm sure.

5. narfi

narfi Lost

You have to root for the underdog, and I am really hoping that this project takes off and becomes a success.

narfi

6. aridash

aridash large throbbing member

i just hope at some point he realises he's leant so much that it would be silly to throw it away, and push on to a full, self-contained new game.

7. Yep, hopefully the people he's talked into working for him for free will learn how to not get screwed in the future.

8. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

spot on!

On the contrary I just hope he decides to do it properly or it's going to end with a very unpretty sight.

If you mean by leant so much of his own money you are very mistaken.

Personally I don't think he has what it takes to make it. He's a salesman and thought he'd get some people to fund him to make a planet which didn't work. No funding. So he went for this community approach and that didn't work either.

Why would anyone in their right mind fund someone who doesn't know how to make a planet or a game? If they got any sense they'll get someone who knows what they are doing.

The best this guy can do is work for another team if he wants to work in the games industry, at some role that he's good at and it's not management by the looks of it. After working in the industry and picking up the tricks of the trade he'll stand a better chance of fulfilling his ambitions. If he doesn't do something like this then he just appears to me to be someone with ambition but no substance or (i'd rather not finish the sentence as it's not nice what I have to say). Hope he figures things out and starts making the right decisions and going on a path that's actually going to make some difference and address his shortfalls so far he's made the wrong decisions imho...

9. "So remember if you decide to go off and do something crazy like me and this project, write a GDD!"
    Certainly the way to go to create at least a basic game design document. We learn how to do that at university at the moment. It can be quite a tricky job indeed.
    Ozis document for Arkadia was 60 pages long btw so have fun. :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.