PostModerna: Another Successful Model Conversion : The Comm Tower

Discussion in 'PostModerna' started by EP-Newsbot, Jan 9, 2010.

1. I have to say that it took me a horrible 2.5 hours to get this one right. I was hoping to reproduce the process I used with the Fort Ash Domes with the Comm Tower. I actually created the collision volumes and rebaked the textures with no trouble. It was after [...]

More...

2. Hello EP family.

I wanted to add on for your benefit that the models I have been working on have been very low-poly and do not take full advantage of the shaders I have access to.

After I pull in the basic models, I will then redo the models for high-poly and high detail at close range (under 10 meters). I am learning a lot so far and get more excited about this project.

LOL. The funny part of all this is that it still rides on money and getting a contract with Mindark. Who knows? Maybe as the community sees this project continue to grow and materialize, someone with money will take notice and say...let's do this. Mindark might even take notice and want to take Postmoderna under it's wing.

In any case, even if that never happens, Postmoderna will be a reality. In that case, the gain will be all Postmoderna's.

Stay tuned.

Best Wishes,

Flap

3. Hey flaps ma man!

little confused i am. Is Planet postmoderna official? What i mean are you officially a planet partner?

shin

4. Hiay Shin,

No we are not. I was just plugging that little fact. Maybe I did not communicate that right.

We need to be funded first. We are an independent project working towards that.

Flap

5. Hi Flaps my friend,

good to know. Should I win the lottery this year, you shall hear from me:)

Shin.

6. Atlan Leticron

Atlan Leticron Postmoderna pixel pusher

Hello Flapman,

I was wondering, do you guy's take 3D models as donations?

Altough I have a busy RL, I maybe can create some structures and donate them to this project for you guy's to use.

I use Blender myself too, so there are no conversion broblems.

Kind regards.
    Ion

• Like Like x 1
  7. You are the best Shin. Thanks.

Oh by the way, we have a custom planet icon right here on EP. Show your support by buying one. It is actually what Postmoderna looks like. :)

Flap

8. Hiya Atlan,

Pleased to meet you. :) Absolutely. We would love to have your help. Create an account for yourself on the dev forums and take a look at what we have done so far. We have really raised the bar on model creation and texture usage in the last month alone. You will see what I mean when you look at past work compared to present. The most notable is the revision to the Pod Containers. You can see that under this concept thread: Equipment and Personnel Pods.

Flap

9. Atlan Leticron

Atlan Leticron Postmoderna pixel pusher

Hello and thank you Flapman for the invite.

Currently I am awaiting the aproval and look forward to contribute to your project.

To give a idea of my work, here is the link to a project I am currently working on.

http://area50da.wordpress.com/

If you want, I can post more work.

Kind regards.
    Ion

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.