Planet Cyrene: Planet Cyrene PVP Token System

Discussion in 'Entropia News' started by EntropiaPlanets, May 2, 2012.

1. We are excited to share with the community something that we have been working on for 4 years now.

[​IMG]

We are introducing the PVP Token System exclusively on Planet Cyrene. What this means is, that you will be able to log onto Planet Cyrene and go to our PVP Hub. From there you can purchase PVP entry tokens to enter one of 3 arenas, each with two different entry costs. Each arena has a different entry cost and gives a different type of reward token for each PVP kill.

All of the arenas require specific weapons and armor that may only be used in the Arenas, and will not be allowed outside of the arenas, or on any other planet. This also means that none of the existing weapons on either Cyrene or in the Entropia Universe will work in these arenas. When you collect the PVP tokens, you can trade them in for different items available at the rewards token NPC Quartermasters. There you can purchase unique weapons and items that will add flavor to the PVP experience.

One important thing to note about the arenas is that skills are all reset or increased so that they are equal. This means that everyone starts with the same set of PVP skills and Health. Another important feature is that the run speed has been increased to maximum speed but there are weapons that can have different effects on your movement.

Lastly, we would like to mention that once in the arena you can only claim victory of the reward token if you have done the most damage to the other player. Meaning:
    • if you have done most of the damage to another player
    • you are killed before you finish them off
    • they do not heal and someone else quickly kills them
    • you still receive the reward token for your efforts

The tokens themselves also have a PED value. Meaning, that if you are skilled enough, you can actually come away with tokens that far exceed the amount you invest into the entry tokens, which in turn makes this a truly unique way of earning PED in Entropia Universe.

Original story here:

http://cyreneforum.com/threads/planet-cyrene-pvp-token-system.423/

Attached Files:

2. Whow! Just Whow!

I'm impressed. Real PvP in EU, instead of stupid PK - I never really had hopes to ever see this.

Gratz, Cyrene! Well done, hope it fulfills what it promises. Excuse me now, busy to find more information, and to sell stuff to do a little trip in space ...

Have a good time!

3. GeorgeSkywalker

GeorgeSkywalker Explorer

I was there yesterday it's very addictive and a lot of fun. Doesn't cost too much either because like fort events costs are lowered to 10% of normal.

4. MindStar9

MindStar9 Floating in Space

I can't tell you how many people already have told me how addictive "The Hub" is, and how many last night were up way beyond there sleep time. :biggrin:

Even my MSM/MSR partner (Syer) was having a great time checking it out with CyberTrash last night, and both of them were on the MSM TS making comments. Syer was so animated in his commentary, that if I wasn't so stupid-tired at the time, I probably would have gone there and checked it out, but I'll do that today sometime.

The feedback on the PVP Token System has been quite favorable, along with a couple of suggestions that I'm sure will gain attention. It's nice to see that players are enjoying this unique system only to Cyrene, and it will be interesting to see how this progresses.

5. I made my donation :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Larkin

Larkin Entropian Cinematographer Extraordinaire

It's my favourite part of Cyrene :) Very very cool!

7. khaos

khaos DnB'addict

Where exactly is this hub? I can't seem to find it..

8. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

it is a different location, just like FOMA. you can TP to it by using the pull down menu

9. khaos

khaos DnB'addict

That explains everything :p thank you!

10. and finally a good idea!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.