Other RCE?

Discussion in 'Other games and gaming' started by Zibster, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Yesterday, someone posted a link to a new one on PCF...forget the name.
    I played Afterworld for a few years, had the uber gear and deposited but that fell apart and died.

Anything new on the horizon?

2. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

• Aftertime Diaries, no idea if that is still gonna happen
    • The Repopulation was planning to be RCE as far as I know
    • No Mans Sky has the potential to be one, not sure if that is what they are planning
    • Planet Explorers maybe
    • Project Ion has plans for RCE
    • There is twinity that was planning to go RCE, no idea if they actually did that
    • Blue Mars is one that had plans in the RCE direction, not sure they did that
    • There was a racing game called Odyssey X that was planning to do RCE, can't find anything about them anymore
    Turns out a real RCE is harder to create than most people (and most EU players) think.
    Don't think there is currently a real RCE game out that that has a 2 way money stream like EU has

3. Thanks, nice post!

Yeah, I think there are huge financial and legal hurdles. It could never be hosted in the USA. I guess Second Life is or was but there was never a "gaming" aspect to SL.

Aftertime Diaries is dead, I was a long time Afterworld player.
    Twinity is still alive (I own 4 apartments) but user activity is VERY LOW. So basically dead.
    Blue Mars doesn't seem to be happening.
    Project Ion would appear to have some connections to Afterworld but there isn't much activity.

Planet Explorers seems promising...no mention of RCE on their website.

4. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

5. Aftertime Diaries as i have say in long ago post is alive but slow development :
    http://www.aftertimediaries.com/

TheRepopulation devs never say or planned to make them game RCE...also main game is canceled for now why Hero Engine have broke and now try to rebuild with Unreal engine and soon is ready to release a fragment of the basic concept...
    https://www.therepopulation.com/
    http://www.fragmentedgame.com/

No Mans Sky ...Murry never talk for RCE ...

Planet Explorers ...i dont have any idea what they planned...

Twinity is a bad clone of Second Life so no much potential...

Blue Mars...yes i try to start this game but never have play it...servers is down...

Project ION ...SnelleEddie never said for PI is RCE ...
    Are there plans to make Project Ion a Real Cash Economy?
    The answer depends heavily on which definition you use from all the opinions on what a 'Real Cash Economy' actually is. Just to be clear: We are not planning a withdraw system. It would require heavy security measures and (over)stimulate greed at the expense of fun. Every donation will be spent on improving the game anyway so there won't be anything to withdraw, really. With that said, we do have an in game currency which is linked to the euro at a 100:1 ratio, and everyone is free to trade in any way they like. In the event of a donation surplus we have some cool ideas for (real) rewards standing by...

I have find a game there and u can withdraw in final chapter and is the My Lands...in start page shows the number of withdraws from players and is $2.591.288 as now i post...also i play it and need alot of patience and reading to play this game and also not for all ppls...
    http://mlgame.co.uk/

Faceof is Dynamic...:jump:
    Faceof...:cool (2):

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  6. narfi

narfi Lost

I think people often confuse Afterworld with After Time Diaries
    As far as I know they are two separate games/development groups.

7. Actually yes, there is a 2nd RCE game out there besides EU, and it has been running for 3+ years now.
    And yes, it aint just a browser based RCE with a pseudo-economy system but a proper game with mobs to hunt, ores to dig up and items to craft :))
    However I would hate to hi-jack your thread so it is probably better to open a new thread to offer info about it and discuss it :)

John

8. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Why? The guy asked for other names. Just mention it ;) If you think it needs more attention, then by all means, create another thread first, and then point to that thead from here :)

9. Yes, you are right ofc, it's just that I considered it impolite to start talking and talking in another man's thread and most likely lead the discussion off-topic.Pls allow me to rectify my mistake.

Zibster, the game I was talking about is called Planet of Dreams and if you want to discuss it and/or ask some questions, I have created another thread for it
    http://www.entropiaplanets.com/threads/planet-of-dreams-2nd-rce-game-besides-eu.19212/

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  10. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

I usually end up opening several tabs. Start the new thread in one, and the copy/paste the URL to whichever windows needs it :)

Here's the link to the section you mentioned

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.