New Forum

Discussion in 'Next Island' started by SylverDragon, Mar 23, 2012.

1. lol there is no gallery on EP either. I like having a gallery.

2. NextIslandForum, why do you create confusion on this forum with new threads containing age-old information?

3. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

That's the RSS feed I enabled this morning. I moved everything it caught initially, but apparently a second batch followed later.

4. Bad move in my opinion

5. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Well, it's a necessary evil if we want to enable RSS feeds. It only happens the first time the RSS feed is added, so from now on, only new content will appear.

6. Tass

Tass Administrator

Hm, displaying Meg's blog posts on the forums has been a request by several people. Imo it's a must have.

Of course in the moment of implementing that it causes the whole 'back catalogue' to be imported. But after some clean-up operations it isn't actually a bad thing either.

7. I was one that requested that the NI RSS feeds show up here. I saw a NI feed at the EP forurm and asked why we don't get the same feed over on the NI forum. I am sure you would agree that anything having to do with NI should show up on the forum correct?

The forum is still a work in progress, and I think Peter and the EP team should be commended for the work they are doing in getting this forum up and running and adding things that will keep us more informed. :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. btw where does the RSS feeds show up? In the box where it says NI News? Does it not show under recent threads at the bottom like it does on EP? That NI News box at the left is not that noticeable and doesn't catch the eye. And can the NI feeds be moved on top of the EP or other news?

Just my opinion :)

9. I preferred a forum serving its purpose as a forum.

I am a bit uncomfortable with Swiss army knives :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. And I thought the purpose of a forum was to provide information. :rolleyes:

11. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

I had the RSS feeds pull new info to the NI News forum section.

As for the News Box, it has been set up like that. I creasted (and just checked the front-page to verify) it showing NI News first, then Meg's Blog and the EP one very last. If for some reason they switch around, perhaps it at times retrieves the feeds in a different order, and thus moves the order around. I assure you that this is nt intentional.

I will try and have a look at the code to see if I can change anything in it (we're using free APIs from Google for the RSS Feed, so not sure how much control I can get).

12. Just wondering cause I didn't see it show up in the recent list before. The RSS feeds are sent from the NextIslandForum account?

Yes, its gets switched around at times :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.