Neverdie circles the wagons

Discussion in 'Next Island' started by aridash, Jan 7, 2011.

1. I've been out of EU for a week and it seem this stuff is getting worse.

Banning VF because of the post was childish at best. Banning his account was outright irresponsible moderating. If MA acted this way half the people on the official forum would be banned.

I am surprised that ND is taking this route. Seems as if to put his big boot on anything not positive about his projects. Yes i understand he might not be the one who banned and removed--but it is his forum <period> .

For the hive/mob mentality that people are throwing around; the thoughts have been there--just took someone to let everyone else know how they feel.

Seems to me like there is a big rift in the community coming, and I hope the other Planet Partners get in before it happens.

2. LordLongLicious

LordLongLicious Do you fear death?

English is not my first language, so I hope I understood it right.

Like in the game of chess, when people get over confident they tend to commit mistakes.

I am a veeeery new member to this game, I find the graphics awesome and am starting to realise where it can improve and why I a money wary person has already invested more than 250US$ on my first month.

As systems tend to grow, rules must be created to keep everyone safe (not nescessarily happy, but at least safe so they dont end up hurting not only themselves, but many around them)

I really enjoyed the day I was on the island and coud see Neverdie's avatar working there and listening to people's suggestions while promising them (and keeping it up as I saw things speed up in terms of previous bugs), you feel kind of good as a noob when you can interact at that level, I dint talk with him because I still had a lot to learn about how this game works, but it made me feel a bit safer somehow.

However:

Neverdie must also remember his huble origins on the game and accept MindArk's decision on this sense, because it is a fair one. He has made it big, he has cashed in and he is now a planet partner, so he shoud really let others play the game he now knows everything about (and I mean everything, as a planet partner he is - of two entire planets! (and really awesome ones I must add, as I wanted to be born on Rocktropia but due to some RT log error I went for Next island - only to fall in love with it, as it reminds me of a tropical island I lived as a kid with hippie parents.

he made it big, he won, he shoud now let others have a piece of the pie when he now owns two of the pies, unless of course he has spent all his ped and is now flat-broke the only reason I would have understood desperation in damping down critiscism, which I hope is not the case, as I really hope he is successful financially, my best wishes for him really, as he opened the "gold rush" on virtual reality.

So this stated, (that Neverdie does not seem like a bad guy to me, just grew to big to fit his previous clothes, and that MindArk did make the right choice) we move to the classical mo bmentality issue related to internet forums and THAT deserves my full critiscism so enjoy the ride as I am pretty acid on this sense:

Internet forums are usually like communist regimens: The will of the people is the will of the leader, therefore, to criticise the leader is to criticise the people (for some nutjobs, and unfortunatelly nutjobs have the leader's favour as they really suck up to him or her) and punishment is the answer.

I have been on forums that for having pointed out (and I was a mod there!) that the owner shoud avoid making apologies to drugs in there as there was the possibility of kids watching the site, I have not only been attacked, my supporters had their accounts removed without any warning, but also had my replies changed and several replies from them removed so to make me look stupid, if not mad. :)

And the madness continues still, side projects have been sistematically been sabotaged, because as authorities mock any seriousness on the web (perhaps because they are impotent on this sense as anyone can create a root) there is no punishment for such bastards, forgive the language, but that is what such people seem to be, when they waste so much time tryiong to prejhudice someone for disagreeing with their views.

This is the downside of internet forums, petty people, either owners or sycophantic mods, make with it whatever they feel like and nobody really can do anything about it.

I like neverdie and what he did for expanding this universe, I dont like that he is using inner knowledge to achieve globals, that is just not right, what can I say.

To say he is not doing it intentionally as the mad dude threatening to slaughter any avatar who point a finger at Neverdie seems to be suggesting, when ND is a planet partner is utter bollocks - ND has the blueprint of the engines on his lap and he can use it anytime he wants as far as I understood - he creates the jackpots!

Was he just a land owner like before I would not have written this long and obnoxious post, that probably nobody will read because I am a frigging noob and posted just few posts yet in here. :) (and might even get me into trouble in there now, who knows my Avatar might never be able to achieve a global now or be stalked to death by some insane online gamer high on cholesterol levels, boo-hoo)

But some people shoud read this with an open heart and understand that by doing what is being done is to behave like a dog that pisses on the food after he ate just to ruin what is left.

Neverdie shoud not only call the guy who was banned back, but punish the responsible for the ban by removing his powers of moderation, I agree it was mob mentality, and this is no good, specially on a game involving money, as it might end up with famous moves as "dead man's hands" and I do not wish to see this on such a beautiful idea as MindArc group had.

And the guy threatening to go amok, I persoannally think he must play too much, and he shoud air off a bit. He shoud not go about threatening people of "retaliation" and other crazy talk because as far as I know of he can end up getting beaten up in real life, if not just making a fool of himself in public as I believe he did.

Because I do not know any of the sides, perhaps I shoud just keep quite and throw more money into the game on the stupid hopes of gaining global, I dont know who is who or who did what to deserve what and all the idle gossip and all that, I am for freedom of speech, and without critiscism there cannot be any improvement, this made Neverdie look bad.

"hidden agenda" sounds paranoid, the action probably came from the guy who threatened to go nuts in game and all that pifious nonsense.

Guys who makes threats like that shoud be put in mental institutions, not allowed powers of moderation they cannot handle properly, just like those kids who go amok on american schools killing people they usually write menacing texts or poetry before they go bonkers.

Best regards to all sides, and I really hope that this situation is solved soon or Ill be closing my account on NI not to suffer "retaliation" from some raging weakling of a nerd drunken of his forum moderation powers elsewhere.

*chuckles with the thought*

• Like Like x 1
  3. NotAdmin

NotAdmin Administrator

Nice post, LordLongLicious.

One thing I should point out though is that I am under the impression that planet partners do NOT create the jackpots. They apparently do not even get to assign specific item drops to specific creatures. Also, NEVERDIE does not own two planets. He owns ROCKTropia, and is sub contracted to develop Next Island, which is in turn owned by David Post.

4. Dragon Moon

Dragon Moon ...ya, that too...

Right! While I don't agree with this deleting of the post and banning of Peter, I can see where ND is coming from. It's plain and simple, he's very upset and emotional about not being able to be "his avatar" anymore. We humans more often than not tend to get very thin skinned and get very irrational in our actions when we are upset or devestated about what life/love/job/business is throwing at us. IMO that's what happening here. And very often things get even worse when people try to reason with us and/or try to calm us down.

It's pathetic, it's immature, it's whatever... but it IS human nature. It is how WE are! Give the guy some time to breath and calm down and get his act together.

2 cents from somebody who never met or talked to ND. :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.