Need a ride to space?

Discussion in 'Next Island' started by Softhart, Jun 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Can we get a list of ppl who are able to fly into space and willing to take others. And what they are charging for flights to the space station and each planet? And how long it takes for each stop with what vehicle your driving?

2. I have been launching people to the space station for 30 ped and then let them use their own vtols in space.
    I just wish I had UL thruster hehe as it is I can only do a certain number of times before I need to risk flying to calypso to buy new thruster and some of the pvp space pirates are nasty O.O

3. narfi

narfi Lost

I have an interceptor and can pick people up and drop them wherever they want.
    All my gear is (L) so price will be fair depending on what I paid for what I am using at the time.
    Since I am not based on Next Island you could get me cheaper by lining up some trading to do while im there. (non loot-able trading either coming in or out at a price to cover my travel)

narfi

4. red

red

I'm currently using an armed VTOL I've been lifting people to stations for 10 ped. shuttling down for 5.

I can make trips to other planets for a very reasonable cost; however, the VTOL is a little slow.

5. Tom

Tom

As an option, according to the Space Survival Map, Arkadia is "just next door" to Next Island planet AND Arkadia has a long list of the regular (L) Space Thrusters on auction.

6. I have a fully armed interceptor(pilot and co-pilot guns). I can give people a lift to local space station for 25 ped or to another planets SS for 27ped. As the cost of thrusters goes down I can go cheaper. I will base the costs off of what MU I had to pay for current thruster.

Oh and I think this song very much embodies the new direction of EU
    [video=youtube;bCebemDzaSs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCebemDzaSs[/video]

7. Nor Alien

Nor Alien Wisker Fish

My absolute favorite show... it was cancelled way before it's time... :(
    Ty for the reminder. I will now dust off my collection and watch them again!! :) And I agree, the theme fits the bill!! :)

8. I LOVED firefly!

I got to meet half the actors too they come here quite often XD

9. LordLongLicious

LordLongLicious Do you fear death?

Enjoying the oportunity I also offer rides anywhere in space you want to go to for a low fee, if you see me around just ask. :) I am based in Next Island.

10. out of interest where do pilots hang out on NI, I have been at crystal resort now for a few hours looking for someone to take me home to RT but there seems to be a lack of Green Dots hehe

11. Tom

Tom

John, the most common area people / pilots hang out is close to the Crystal Arrival area, up the path and near the large, white tent structure. Good social gathering spot and pilots post flights / destination in trade chat. Should be able to find a trusted pilot around there.

12. Lucky for me Mich TrashHunter Tie was passing and kindly took me to RT thank you :)

13. I really think that allowing space to be lootable PVP is a bad idea. If you want to go to another planet, you risk loosing everything you carry with you. Maybe the vested players can afford a few hits like this but not us noobs or advanced noobs. The old TP method costing 40 ped was expensive but at least you knew what to expect. Lootable PVPs are limited on the planets so only those that want to risk it have to go there. As this thread shows getting a ride is a hit and miss proposition. At least with the TP method if you had the ped, you could go anytime.

And the limited availability on the NI auction (14 pages vs hundreds on calypso) makes space travel necessary for basic items such as BPs and tier upgrade items.

The player pirates are grinning from ear to ear.

There is a reason piracy is illegal in RL--it hinders trade and jacks up the cost of goods.

14. Well you don't lose everything, just items stacks, so if you don't carry stacks you have nothing to loose.

15. You mean item stacks such as Ammo, materials, and mineral resources but not tools, weapons, and vehicles?

Is there a place that lists the non-lootable items?

16. Tom

Tom

Best, simple guidance I found was on the Planet Arkadia forum concerning Space PvP. "Any items in the sections of Materials and Mined Resources is lost if you are looted in pvp." (Ref: Question about lootable PvP, from Arkadia forum)

The Entropia official release notes are more vague for clarifying PvP details that changed in Release 12.0.0 (21 June 2011) and 12.0.1 (6 July 2011).

17. Just stackable materials(hides, crystals oils, etc) and ores/enmatters. Ammo, probes, welding wire, ped stacks, enhancers and ME are not lootable stacks. Although their was a bug that made welding wire lootable, that`s been fixed now but their may still be some reference to hit being lootable floating around. As far as everything else(armour, weapons, vehicles, etc) they are not lootable. Also to loot someone in space a pearson must first destroy the space ship and then kill the people before they are killed by exposure to space(not sure how long that takes).

18. Oh just an update to my flight my abilities, I have purchased a UL thruster so I now offer planet to planet transport, as well as ferry service to and from local space station. Still working out my pricing.

19. My wife and I are looking for a ride from Next Island to Calypso, please PM me if available. We are complete noobs just fyi, so we have no idea what to expect, we do have Calypso/Space DL'd so we don't crash during the trip.

20. Hello, i'm here too, i'am a taxi.

I do it every day.
    If you see me connected in your friend list you can call me.
    If you see me in a station official, you can come see me too.
    You can call me every day of the year.
    Information is updated regularly here: space taxi

Cheers, Osiris :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.