April 26, 2018 Got the rubrails on! 4layers of 1/4" makes for 1 inch thick and I cut them just over 1.5" tall. Will see how much will need to be shaved off after its flipped. The already look much nicer at this stage than the ones I freehand cut for the canoe. (Hopefully that will mean less work finishing ) Tanner a young guy got talked into helping. (Even though he was supposed to be studying for his instrument pilots rating). Its him you see in the picture with Landon. After done I scraped the excess starting to cure epoxy off and layed in a fresh bit to fill any irregularities and built a preliminary fillet with the tongue depresser radius. We started at the bow. Applied glue to an 8', 6', 4' and 2' pieces and screwed them together at one end with a single screw. The screwed end was extended past the bow just so the screw wouldn't hit and then cut to shape later. Screwed the first 2ft down then glued and clamped the 4 middle 8ft pieces and worked out way back screwing it down. The back section was easy after that since it is a straight stretch. Cut off the extra on the front and did the same to the other side. Ideally I would have liked to "braid" the two sides where they meet at the bow as well as screwed and glued one layer at a time from side to side instead of completing one side before the other. I just couldn't figure out a practical efficient way to do that though and this seemed to work ok. Will be interesting to see how symmetrical the front 5-8ft is once we have it flipped and out in a larger work area.