1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Four Cigarettes

Discussion in 'Life, the Universe and Everything' started by Jamira, Nov 28, 2015.

1. San just reminded me growing up with yellow/brown ceilings.

Dad was a near chain smoker. A big, very strong ‘old school’ man who didn’t worry about health or anything much really.

Never thought he’d stop. When he got older he tried to stop. Hypnosis, acupuncture, nicotine patches: none of them worked.

It was only when his GP told him he would have to get his leg amputated if he didn’t that he stopped right away!

Remember as a kid showing off by smoking plain ciggies including Senior Service or the macho Capstan Full Strength. :). But usually stuck to tipped eg. John Players No. 6 or Park Drive at school moving on to eg Embassy King Size and the like when working.

Oh, with none of the scary images you get on UK cig packets these days!

Went through a Cigarello (sp?) phase - sort of a cross between cigarettes and cigars.

Once had 110 cigarettes in 24 hours...might have been a bit longer...all night party.

Just like the advert ‘You’re never alone with a Strand’ when I had a packet of fags in my pocket I knew there was always a ‘friend’ I could turn to to cheer me up or calm me down.

Even today, decades later, I have ultra vivid dreams where I wake up in the middle of the night and smoke a cigarette from some I have hidden somewhere.

Having said that I have equally vivid dreams of having a couple of guns hidden in my flat. One a small, shiny revolver and the other a stonking big pistol that must be some wish-fulfilment dream because it resembles a DOA Rockjacker from PE before they changed the look to a carbine. ;)

2. San

San

I didn't want to degrade this thread but since it was already picked up by others decided to add my experience in the briefest possible way. Let's return it to the original owner for the purpose it was meant, philosophizing over the duration of a few cigarettes, whether they are actually smoked or not.

3. Well I was hoping that my post would make interesting reading including to Jamira but maybe not? ;)

Let’s see how Jamira feels about our interventions. If it were me I’d feel flattered that others had been drawn in to ‘share a cigarette’.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Personally I found this an interestibg detour. But sure Jamira will be back with the next cigarette of muse before long

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Cigarette 38

Again not at the loggia but out at the entrance stairs of the house of good friends, smoking another cigarette. It rains since hours. When rain started, the big tree in front of the stairs offered shelter from rain. Now while rain ceders it does exactly the opposite thing: the rain from clouds is low but the drops from the leaves of the tree increase. The tree is no shelter any longer but became the significant menace.
    This looks like a good picture of many things that happen at the moment around the world.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Wistrel

Wistrel Kick Ass Elf

Suddenly reminded of this

7. Jamira

Jamira Samurai Girl

Cigarette 39

Out at the loggia, smoking and feeling happy. This evening I stopped Elite Dangerous and didn't watch a movie or TV series. I just sat in front of my new 3D-printer and watched how my digital work became part of the analog real life. It is such a benefit! Making RL things is pretty satisfying. It's simply fascinating.

Last edited: May 24, 2018 at 04:25
    • Like Like x 2