missing textures

Discussion in 'Technical, security and bug reports' started by Roni, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Roni

Roni bartender

I couldn t find any tread on this so I took the liberty to open 1:handjob:

I miss some textures ingame and made allready next report to the EU support departmant:

Dear support department,
    I started playing EU 2 weeks ago and found some strange glithces in the graphical department: missing textures. I did a fresh install of EU and updated my video card drivers without results. I use this system:
    P IV QQ6600 at 3.0Ghz
    4G RAM
    150 Gb HD
    2x HD 4850 in Crossfire X
    Windows Vista 64 bits
    and
    P IV E6300 at 1.8Ghz
    2Gb RAM
    300 Gb HD
    Nvidea 8600 GTO 512mb ram
    Windows XP Media Center
    Both systems show missing textures in game: and same texures. Eg: tree canopy at PA, ground vegetation at PA, tree canopy at Nea's, own clothes. At TI it seems to work fine, strange. Sometimes the textures re-appaer when logging in but then vanish after going "indoor" and then outdoor again or after changing the video settings ingame.
    Looking forward to your reply
    Kind regards
    Roni

Anybody else noticing this bug 2? Or am I doing something wrong?

Keep you posted on reply of EU.

2. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

Hey there Roni, nice to see you out of the game to :)

There are a few texture glitches and most if them started when the snow appeared. Not sure it the snow is gone yet (have it turned off) and to be honest I don't take notice of those glitches anymore. I also sometimes had the tree canopies turn purple or some other color, not sure if that is still going on.

I will take a look for ya today and see what I get.

3. Roni

Roni bartender

hey Razer:)

thx to Lykke a joined entropia planets and glad I did:)

So not only I cant find my cursor because of the snow but also disappearing textures lol

Its still going as far is I know. As I Gmax user I figure it has something to do with corrupted ini files. I did some 3D modelling in the past and sometimes by transferring object files containing ini text files there would be a small change in the name (like converted to CAPs or replacing a space by an underscore) of text file what caused a bug in retrieving the texture file of an object.

Im awaiting EU s reply:)

4. TotalTwist

TotalTwist News Reporter

I have one simple question...

When you are at the rig.. Why is it snowingin a desert!!!:p

5. Lykke TheNun

Lykke TheNun Lootius bless you all!

don't ruin it! The devs have spent hours making things as realistic and thought through as possible !

(you can always blaim global warming .. or..??? :D)

6. Roni

Roni bartender

Maybe the snow is washing away the textures?

7. RAZER

RAZER Custom title ... uh ...

still purple canopies in Swamp for me

8. TotalTwist

TotalTwist News Reporter

Has anyone noticed the weird... I dont even know what to call it, swirling around NO?

Its like a mixture of smoke and swirling flies. Kinda if you had a dizzy spell.. wtf is that supposed to be!!

9. Roni

Roni bartender

No reply from MA sofar. Textures still missing but seen added vegetation at nea's.

10. got same problem hd4650, 4gigs, ram t7500, w7 x64bit.
    -no textures (objects visible only as 95% opaque shades) in fullscreen
    -no crosshair in windowed mode
    and spare my oblivious ansvers cuz i already tryed reinstaling client and drivers 10.11(both with /withouc ccc), 10.3, 9.7(both with /withouc ccc)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.